• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TreeMePls

Oct 25, 2017
Or Trump will double down on it. You really never know with him.
b4a54160185d3e48ecff86ce98426e78d9a3d2dd80a573150575c8ae998af99b_1.jpg

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps I'm too cynical, but there is no direct source. His base will dismiss it as fake news unfortunately.
His base won't care either way. You can hand mountains of evidence, video of him saying something fucked up and nothing would change for those morons. Hell remember grab them by the pussy?

Kino

Oct 25, 2017
This won't do anything. After the way he treated McCain we know exactly how he feels about veterans and how his base republicans won't say anything in retaliation.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How many times does he get to disrespect veterans for people to get the point? It's a cult lol, that military approval rating is still too high.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
His base won't care either way. You can hand mountains of evidence, video of him saying something fucked up and nothing would change for those morons. Hell remember grab them by the pussy?
Yep, I remember there was a poll and a significant amount of people thought it was fake after the fact, because Trump said it was. Despite it being on recording.

Trump could come out on stage and say "fuck injured and dead veterans". Half would say "yeah fuck em" and the other half would say "deep state made him do it".

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If it didn't come from The Atlantic, I wouldn't believe it, particularly the "why'd we fight for the allies" part.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
It's hilarious that any of you think this will have any impact on his campaign at all. Like have you even been paying attention for the last four years?

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
Trump is such a cretin and the fact that he still has a chance of winning this election is a terrfying microcosm of how beyond fucked our society is.

ZedLilIndPum

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe a reporter can bring this up? Given that we're at a point where even another "very fine people" moment is only paid glancing attention, I'm not optimistic that this will gain traction.

WedgeX

Oct 27, 2017
It's hilarious that any of you think this will have any impact on his campaign at all. Like have you even been paying attention for the last four years?

It's true, Trump's support was entirely unaffected by his actions and the widespread backlash. That's why he retained control of the House of Representatives during the midterm elections and never got impeached.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Maybe a reporter can bring this up? Given that we're at a point where even another "very fine people" moment is only paid glancing attention, I'm not optimistic that this will gain traction.
There could be 4K HDR video of him looking directly at a camera and saying these exact words and it might convince all of like 12 people not to vote for him. This won't make a bit of difference. The man is on tape admitting to committing sexual assault, mocking disabled people, and doing so much more. Why would this of all things matter?

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
Watch tomorrow there will be a press briefing just so the blonde from the FoxNews factory can say no one respects or has done more for veterans than Trump and his base will move on.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
I guess this means Republicans have changed their mind and they scorn the military now? Only traitorous democrats value people that have given their lives to the country, and Real Patriots know that soldiers are suckers and losers?

Wow, I never thought I'd see the day when Republicans would hate the military but now Trump has given them no choice if they want to keep supporting him.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Just sent this to my 73-year-old dad who got drafted out of high school and was lucky enough not to have to go to Vietnam. He lost some friends over there though that did get deployed. Very grateful we are 100% on the same page with how much of a disaster Trump is ( and BLM and pretty much every progressive cause you can think of tbh , I really do feel lucky). Sadly I can't say the same for a lot of the cousins I have that are in and around law enforcement

chimpychi

Oct 27, 2017
Let me guess, his supporters will excuse it by saying that he's just saying out loud what we all are really thinking and 5oo scared to say..... Or "fake news"

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Let me guess, his supporters will excuse it by saying that he's just saying out loud what we all are really thinking and 5oo scared to say..... Or "fake news"
Twitter tells me they are going with "fake news", the media's attempt to distract from the real scandal, Pelosi. There is no defending this so Republicans will either ignore it, pretend they didn't see it, or say its fake.

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
There's not a single quote in that article that's out of character or not in line with offensive statements Trump has made about military veterans who have publicly disagreed with him but it's still not going to matter to his supporters.

I can remember that shortly after the Access Hollywood tape came out and all those women came forward with accusations of sexual assault I asked a Trump supporter in my office how she could still vote for him and her response was that all the women were lying. I was like "But... but he said that he was doing EXACTLY what the women are accusing him of doing... and he said it ON TAPE!!!" Nope, all liars. In retrospect I actually think that entire episode helped to solidify his cult behind him. Coming together and actively dismissing what he said and the accusations that followed ("locker room talk") made them a tribe with a shared lie to bond them and they never looked back.

Trump is a virtually boundless ghoul; but in truth it's that sheer inhumanity that makes him so exciting for certain people.

He's the avatar of America's dark side. Many of those who will say this is fake news will be secretly agreeing with him.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
I mean, he is a nazi. Of course he'd say terrible things about American soldiers. Hopefully this wakes up his military supporters, and they help vote his horrible ass out.