• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
www.nytimes.com

Fact-Checking Biden’s First Week in Office (Published 2021)

All but three of 20 claims the president made were accurate, demonstrating his regard for basic facts and his proclivity to err when speaking off the cuff.

President Biden, in his first week in office, typically stuck to vetted scripts and verified facts — a departure from his predecessor's freewheeling and fact-free rhetorical style.

Over all, Mr. Biden used the presidential podium to promote his policy priorities. His remarks were aspirational and light on empirical assertions. Of 20 factual claims The New York Times analyzed from Jan. 20 to Jan. 26, all but three were largely if not completely accurate. One claim was an overly optimistic projection, another falsely criticized former President Donald J. Trump and a third Mr. Biden corrected almost immediately.

WP counter says the terrorist cult leader told 38 lies in his first week.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Basic shit like this just takes so much stress off of one's back.

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
I tried to find out more about these three lies he told and my god the right wing articles that were coming up.

I guess the propaganda machine is running strong. I was mostly just trying to find out what he blamed Trump for that amazingly wasn't true.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
those-are-rookie-numbers.jpg

Elandyll

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Like.. so much this.

It sounds stupidly basic... But not having someone lying his ass off and always trying to do the most vile and evil stuff constantly in the WH is in itself such a big relief.
We should (and do) expect more, but that's already a huge weight off.

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
To be fair, those are big shoes to fill.

Trump lied like he had a quota and never faced real consequences from his base for it.

Mar 30, 2019
Quick! Make something up! Anything! Something about...bigly beautifully perfect...conversations? Letters? Gah, I'm drawing a blank!

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Problem is, right now we don't need boring, we urgently need extreme and bold measures, such as M4A.

Oh, no one's forgetting about progressive policies. Those are a must.

I'm simply referring to having a president in which there's no scandals almost every single day, who doesn't call the press "The enemy of the people", "You are fake news", etc. whenever he's being called out, who doesn't lie every single time, who doesn't incite violence against minorities like myself, women & LGBTQ's, etc. & among other shit.

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
I tried to find out more about these three lies he told and my god the right wing articles that were coming up.

I guess the propaganda machine is running strong. I was mostly just trying to find out what he blamed Trump for that amazingly wasn't true.
if you find them share it here

I couldnt find them in the ops article and I don't wanna wade through that garbage

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
"and a third Mr. Biden corrected almost immediately."

He didn't turn this into a thing for months because he couldn't admit he mistook? WEAK

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
you think that's bad? I'm pretty sure ol' sleepy Joe is already 3 golf trips behind.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Seriously.

Feels like things are now in cruise control and I dont have to worry about the person in the WH doing something shitty Friday evening or any day of the week rather.

I haven't been paying much attention to Biden since I feel he is doing good things. Sure its bad if we become complacent but in a sense, this is the way things have been before. Only will I tune in if something horrible occurs or a major announcement is made.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Having a leader that tries to be truthful not only helps build trust but helps create a better standard of transparency. As much as people tried to paint the "orange man bad" criticisms and "lie counters" of Trump's Presidency as an overreaction or a standard that we only held Trump to (which was true in some senses), it was more of a way to gauge for normal people who don't pay as close attention how this is not normal and we can't let the overwhelming amount of lies and complete disconnection from the truth become the norm, although not just for the average person, but for everyone, here and internationally. For the media to continue the tradition, as nit picking as it may seem, could be a step towards fixing the terrible accountability we have allowed to become acceptable.

Desi

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah the auto numbers are way off. More like 50-100,000. Especially as these would be Union jobs

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
It's so refreshing not having to read about dumb shit from the president nearly every day.