• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Sep 15, 2020
I still can't believe Joe Biden is president elect. Like I knew with the way the votes were going, he would. But it still surprises me and puts a smile on my face. I am ready for a President Biden.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They have to do the confetti thing on purpose to get them to flinch at this point, it always happens in every big speech like this

Travo

Oct 27, 2017
South Carolina
giphy.gif

A gif of the confetti moment.
Reminded me of this moment
tenor.gif

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
I can't imagine the gallons of copium Trump is chugging down right now. Must be drowning in it.

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Joe's promise of an inflection point in national government will not age well. Lincoln saved the union, FDR had the New Deal, JFK promised the moon, Obama was Obama, and Joe Biden is... another banal neoliberal? When he listed those other moments, I almost got excited, thinking he was about to announce something tangible and exciting, but it really is just a performative invitation to collaborate with Republicans. That promise was already broken before it passed his lips.*

*obligatory qualifier that it is great Trump is gone and it is absolutely worth celebrating

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
I was driving for some errands a while ago so I turned on NPR to listen to his speech - it's the first time I've listened to the news in nearly 4 years. I've avoided it out of self-preservation of my sanity - I couldn't deal with Trump's grating voice, his stupidity, his childishness, his hatred; but listening to intelligent adults addressing the nation feels so good. 2020 has been a shitty year, but there's at least a bright spot for once.

RussTC3

Banned
Nov 28, 2018
Both speeches were fantastic.

Joe was incredible. It felt so good seeing his energy and passion. And in a presidential manner.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
Kamala saying "While I may be the first woman in this office, I won't be the last" and "Dream with ambition" while the camera panned to all the little girls in the crowd got me teary-eyed.

Great inspirational speeches and such a contrast from Trump.

Oct 25, 2017
Good speeches both. Love the energy. Biden's had some clique moments and Kamala's speech cadence is odd but even as a non-American I had a smile. I hope you guys can get your shit in order.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
2 wonderful speeches. I had forgotten what well spoken leaders sound like.

Kreim

Dec 6, 2017
it's like an RPG where there's some dire monolith at the center of town making everyone sick and driving them insane, and the heroes come along and destroy it and everyone feels instantly better.

MechDX

Oct 25, 2017
He spoke in complete sentences and didn't just ramble.

The last 4 years really did a number on me since THAT is what stood out

Tahnit

Oct 25, 2017
yeah that was definitely a campaign speech for Harris in 2024 if Joe doesnt run again.

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
Kamala saying "While I may be the first woman in this office, I won't be the last" and "Dream with ambition" while the camera panned to all the little girls in the crowd got me teary-eyed.

Great inspirational speeches and such a contrast from Trump.
Yep it's good to be hopeful about this country again.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
cried the entire time. To hear science, diversity, and calm, measured leadership ring from the White House elects in their speeches was soothing to 4 years of trauma. A black/Asian woman as VP, a capable leader as POTUS, and a fucking doctorate/academic/teacher as First Lady (as a PhD student, this is very important to me). I am just speechless. Just tears for me. Once they dry up, it'll be time to pop some bottles!

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic speeches from both Harris and Biden, and Harris' energy is incredible. I think I'm in a bit of an emotional daze. I wish I could be more eloquent, but seeing two leaders speak with grounded speeches and plans, acting like actual human beings with their families... it's absolutely surreal after the last four years.

That was the first Biden speech I watched. It felt amazing when he explicitly addressed LGBTQ people in his first speech as the US president. That's historic for the movement.

That lead up, when he was mentioning jobs and races, then pause, the black vote, was the most powerful thing I heard in a long time. Instant tears.

cried the entire time. To hear science, diversity, and calm, measured leadership ring from the White House elects in their speeches was soothing to 4 years of trauma. A black/Asian woman as VP, a capable leader as POTUS, and a fucking doctorate/academic/teacher as First Lady (as a PhD student, this is very important to me). I am just speechless. Just tears for me. Once they dry up, it'll be time to pop some bottles!

Yes to all of the above!

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
That fucking speech, man. Twenty times better than I expected. And I'm not a fan of Joe as a candidate- but he blew the goddamned doors off that speech.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Both had the best speeches I've seen either give, at least from my memory. Good for them, and good for the US. You'd like to hope there are Trump voters out there who saw this and will have a change of heart.