• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Best clip I could find on twitter, it was during the Lil Baby performance of The Bigger Picture

This is for Biden and the Democrats who have to deliver on change or people won't show up again, the people have delivered the votes and want to see the change that they campaigned on and promised.

Last edited:

peppermints

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I don't disagree but what should they have done at this point when the pandemic is raging and the stimulus is top priority?

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I didn't read that as rude or confrontational, sounds perfectly reasonable to demand that of a new president IMO.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Call out senators and reps... Like what more can Biden be doing?

Call out the 0 Republicans who voted to help people, even though many are touting the bill helping people...

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I mean I don't disagree but what should they have done at this point when the pandemic is raging and the stimulus is top priority?

I don't think the point of "calling out" Biden there was to say. "You should be passing police reform before relief for the pandemic."

It's to say, "Don't forget your promises. Something needs to be done."

I didn't read that as rude or confrontational, sounds perfectly reasonable to demand that of a new president IMO.

This.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Police reform does need to be the next priority after the stimulus helps the economy and families get backed on their feet. And if the message is intended in a "don't forget your promises" then I think it is totally reasonable.

OP
OP
Armadilo

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the point of "calling out" Biden there was to say. "You should be passing police reform before relief for the pandemic."

It's to say, "Don't forget your promises. Something needs to be done."

This.
Definitely is about the promise, Like Biden has spoken about such changes well now people expect action and to finally make it happen

BlueTsunami

Oct 29, 2017

Right now? Create an independent body staffed with minority voices with expertise in this field and follow their guidance as to how to proceed. Otherwise the can will be continued to be kicked down the road, over and over again.

Maybe this body has been created already but using covid as cover is not the way, especially when a hard fought for government has finally come into place that can actually make some moves on the issue.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017

Call out the 0 Republicans who voted to help people, even though many are touting the bill helping people...

I agree with this. A president only has so much power and with how close the Senate is, well its going to be tough to get shit done, but he can't sit and not give effort at the same time.

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Being called out is to be openly criticized in an unambiguous, often inflammatory fashion.

This doesn't seem to be a case of "calling out."

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017

I sorta agree.

I didn't read it as rude. But I definitely read it as confrontational. And that's the point.

Biden has been making a lot of good moves. And yeah, he deserves credit for that. But that doesn't mean activists and agitators shouldn't stay on his ass. They should. And if he really is the man for the moment, he'll stay the course and continue to deliver.

There's a lot more work to be done.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
the liberals in this thread questioning the criticism of biden's administration/party instead of acknowledging the message and the lack of action from the dems smh.

biden wouldn't be in office without us black folks, we showed up for him so he needs to show up for us

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017
the liberals in this thread questioning the criticism of biden's administration/party instead of acknowledging the message and the lack of action from the dems smh.

biden wouldn't be in office without us black folks, we showed up for him so he needs to show up for us

Please don't devolve this into another fucking "Liberal vs. Progressive" debate.

A conversation that's not defined by those parameters deserves to flourish here.

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Good. Nothing wrong with making the president aware that his administration still has an obligation to the people that put him in.

Too often they seem to forget people until it's election time. Then all of a sudden they come around bumming for votes with promises.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

?

Everyone seems reasonable in their takes. Like Royalan said its good to call to action and makes demands.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Please don't devolve this into another fucking "Liberal vs. Progressive" debate.

A conversation that's not defined by those parameters deserves to flourish here.
replace it with dems, I don't give a fuck. fact still stands that the libs/dems/whatever are spending energy framing the question as "what is he supposed to do?" rather than "how can we push him to do more?"

you're spending too much time worried about a damn label

?

Everyone seems reasonable in their takes. Like Royalan said its good to call to action and makes demands.
see above

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
"We don't need allies, we need accomplishes"

I am going to steal that

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
replace it with dems, I don't give a fuck. fact still stands that the libs/dems/whatever are spending energy framing the question as "what is he supposed to do?" rather than "how can we push him to do more?"

see above

RepentantTightAcornbarnacle-small.gif

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
If you blame Biden for the Senate and the filibuster and you don't show up next time I don't know what the fuck to tell ya other than how we narrowly avoided fascism but mkay you do you.

Asking for more is totally fine with that said.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
I found the call out to be totally reasonable, and expected. However, voting rights has to be the next thing that appears. You can't so shit on any other reform if your basic voting rights arw eviscerated.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I found the call out to be totally reasonable, and expected. However, voting rights has to be the next thing that appears. You can't so shit on any other reform if your basic voting rights arw eviscerated.
They've been making a huge pus with HR1 so it looks good on that front.

Davilmar

Oct 27, 2017
They've been making a huge pus with HR1 so it looks good on that front.

Doesn't matter much until I see Biden signing it. And that my fear, and why urgency on voting rights matters above all else. You can't do police reform, college debt reform or any agency if voting rights are decimated. It's the foundation for everything we need to get done.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't matter much until I see Biden signing it. And that my fear, and why urgency on voting rights matters above all else. You can't do police reform, college debt reform or any agency if voting rights are decimated. It's the foundation for everything we need to get done.
Don't disagree.

HR1 is a must pass along with the VRA 2.0, Equality act and Floyd bill.

Royalan

Oct 24, 2017

I'm actually not, considering the number of contentious irl conversations I've had with so-called progressives over racial issues in preference of some economic priority or utopia.

If you think pressuring the President to continue in the path of the greater good falls on some sort of "liberal vs. progressive" fault line, then I don't know what to say other than I disagree. And I think constantly limiting discussion to that ultimately prohibitive framework does a disservice to the greater work that needs to be done.

Every faction of the Left should be making demands of this President.

danm999

Oct 29, 2017
Sydney
I would say as a general rule of thumb Americans do not ask/demand anywhere near enough of any of their elected officials.

Presidents, Senators, Reps, Governors etc etc

Jom

Oct 25, 2017

Why would he waste time calling out and criticizing the people who couldn't care less about his criticism and aren't even trying to get the black vote?

Oct 25, 2017
new jersey
Good shit to keep the pressure on Biden. If you feel weirded out by this and question "Why question Biden? What about the pandemic or other issues?" shows how little some care about police brutality and systemic racism. We should always be talking about this, no matter what's going on.

see above

Agreed. Shit like this makes it feel like BLM was simply used by liberals because of the right's reaction to it. Reminder that BLM wasn't really nationally endorsed by Democrats until 2020.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's only a "callout" if he's failing. What's gotten worse under him that has yet to have a response? This seemed like a reminder to try and get something done before that familiar feeling of outrage and injustice sweeps over the country yet again.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually not, considering the number of contentious irl conversations I've had with so-called progressives over racial issues in preference of some economic priority or utopia.

If you think pressuring the President to continue in the path of the greater good falls on some sort of "liberal vs. progressive" fault line, then I don't know what to say other than I disagree. And I think constantly limiting discussion to that ultimately prohibitive framework does a disservice to the greater work that needs to be done.

Every faction of the Left should be making demands of this President.
this is basically what I said in the post. I don't care about the label, just make sure biden actually does his fucking job and serves the people that put him in the office.

UltimateHigh

Oct 25, 2017
put the legislation in front of him and he'll sign it. and issue number one starts with HR1

theres only one party who exists to completely fuck you.

AlteredBeast

Don't Watch the Tape!
Oct 27, 2017
Why would he waste time calling out and criticizing the people who couldn't care less about his criticism and aren't even trying to get the black vote?

Didn't Trump make gains with both Black and Hispanic voters in 2020? There's disappointing (Dems) and evil (GOP). Lest people get the wrong idea and say, "Dems aren't doing 100% of what they said, guess I'll stay home next election."

onyx

Dec 25, 2017
Don't care if people think it's a callout or not , because pressure shouldn't let up too much just because Democrats won.

I agree that just pressuring Biden isn't enough. POTUS is a temp job compared to Congress. Pressure local and state officials on police reform too.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
Not called out but called upon. In time he needs to act. Can't blame the focus being elsewhere atm though.

Sain

Nov 13, 2017
Change with our political system will never happen overnight. While I think it is important to keep Biden honest and accountable, the only way to see the change you want in the world is to consistently show up to the polls. Can't just take your ball and go home if you don't get everything you want in the first two years.