• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 4247

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're gonna reboot the Order after one failed game? Isn't that something you usually do with once successful series that have gone downhill?

Other than that, yeah, sounds pretty reasonable.

rokkerkory

Banned
Jun 14, 2018
Ohhh I cannot wait. Exciting times. Here's my realistic predictions:

1. Further talk of console features but this time for the consumer point of view (ie benefits of SSD, RT, etc)
2. Talk of services and BC with PS4
3. Console form factor reveal either with real unit or mockup or video of it
4. Talk of 2-3 first party games that will be available in first 6-9 months of launch
5. Talk of covid and how that has impacted launch strategy

jarrich

Jan 1, 2020
This list is basically nothing more than a wishlist. Also, waaay too much for a single event. Heck, almost too much to announce over two events.

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
Demons Souls Remake
Ratchet
Silent Hill
Housemarque's new IP
Resident Evil 8

and a bunch of other dumb shit i guess

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
With how long they have been quiet about their first party projects, I am sure they will blow us away with the reveals. I am not expecting too many games to be revealed. I can see them holding cards closer to their chest for games that would release further down the line or a bit closer to their actual release date.

In terms of third parties, I want to see what Square Enix is doing. Maybe something from Capcom.

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
- 399!
- Early November!
- Two surprise announcements (unknown games)
- Capcom will be there

:)

Elios83

Oct 28, 2017
Umm not sure what's going to happen at this point.
I don't think that right now there are solid rumors about such a reveal event happening in May.
We just know a few key points and atm I'd prefer to focus on this rather than talking about an event that we don't know in what form is going to happen if at all:

*A console design video with a full teardown of the hardware, also focusing on the cooling system is being planned.
Is it going to be part of a bigger presentation? Is is going to be dropped on a random day like happened with the Dual Sense? Are they going to partner with a website for this technical stuff like DF? We don't know yet.

*Launch is still scheduled for the end of 2020 and it's unlikely to be delayed even if launch lineup is poor and not enough consoles are available. Pretty much the same as MS.
Price is likely to be closer to 499$ rather than 399$ unless there is a clear business plan in place to sell the consoles at a loss boosting profits made on services and games also taking advantage of the prolonged PS4 life. A price adjustement of the PS4 hardware line is also a forced necessity during this fiscal year to establish a correct value proposition against PS5.
In any case you can expect launch date and price to be the last possible details confirmed about the PS5 launch.

*There are still some potentially big unannounced PS5 features, especially at the OS and UI level. The whole features behind the Create button on the Dual Sense are under NDA at the moment, for example.

*We know that Blue Point is working on a remake and it's very likely being targeted as a launch title. It is heavily rumored to be Demon's Souls.

*Guerrilla is working on Horizon 2. It will really likely be used as a technical showcase title for PS5 during the first PS5 games presentation similarly to what happened with Killzone Shadowfall on PS4.
We don't know the release date but it's really likely they're targeting the first year.

*Japan Studio is heavily rumored to be working on a Silent Hill reboot and the project should be announced soon.
We already know that GenDesign has signed a deal with Epic so their next game won't be made with the help of Japan Studio.

*Insomniac is rumored to be working on a Ratchet&Clank game that should be out before Spiderman 2.

*Polyphony is working on the next GT and Santa Monica on the next GOW but we don't know the target release dates of their respective projects.

*Ready at Dawn is pretty much confirmed to be working on a PS5 title (Andrea Pessino has made obvious comments about working with the devkit and having tried the DualSense first hand), it is unknown if it's an exclusive published by Sony or a multiplatform game also coming on PS5.

*Sony San Diego is working on a new big title, there are rumors that they're going to develop the next Uncharted game while Naughty Dog focuses on creating a totally new IP for PS5 and finally release TLOU2 on PS4 (and PS5?).

*Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch are obviously focused on releasing their latest big projects, both for PS4 and both almost complete. It's still not clear how these projects are going to be handled given the launch so close to the PS5 and the delays caused by the covid19 situation. Are they planning a specific PS5 version around launch? Or are they going to make a specific patch to better take advantage of the boost mode of the PS5 BC at launch?

Last edited:

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Limited stock reiteration / pre-order scheme announced with pre-order sign up details to follow in late June that invariably they will fuck up somehow

A Final Fantasy VII BC showing with sparkly upgrades

Demon's Souls Remake and FFVII/RE enhancements are all I need to be there day 1.

You hearing me, Sony?!

KOHIPEET

Oct 29, 2017
Sorry if it's obvious, but where was a May event teased?
Also, if possible I would like to volunteer for fake audience. I have a lovely silhouette.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably RE8 and maybe another Capcom project but that could go to Microsoft also easily. I know rumor suggested that Capcom was suppose to have 4 titles release by the end of the fiscal year in March 2021.

Also ND's multiplayer component could be shown since I'm pretty sure Sony would have a multiplayer launch title from one of their own studios.

If it's real and been in development for awhile then Silent Hill.

These are pretty much the sole things I want to see especially on Capcom's end.

darkNemisiScloud

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Mid October release
£399
MGS1 remake
Crash
Killzone reboot
New COD
Battlefield 6
Ratchet and clank
Gran turismo 7
New wipeout
Brand new IPs
All major PS4 games BC with PS5 update

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Dumb and nostaglic at best, but I'm hoping Namco pushes out a digital-only Ridge Racer. There was that poll eons ago about which game people wanted them to remake and the lead game was Ridge Racer Type 4.

PlainOldJosh

Nov 4, 2017
PS5 launches mid-November, 2020. Price is $499.
A misty-eyed Mark Cerny reveals Knack 3. It has a 120 FPS mode, and almost instant load times.
Playstation Now Plus is announced. Get both services for a discounted price.
Backwards compatibility is shown off, with an emphasis on the loading time improvements for PS4 games.
Horizon 2 is revealed.

Bunzy

Banned
Nov 1, 2018
Well project maverick for EA is a new Rogue Squadron game that's made for VR

It's not a lie if you truly believe it

Feb 8, 2018
Mid October release
£399
MGS1 remake
Crash
Killzone reboot
New COD
Battlefield 6
Ratchet and clank
Gran turismo 7
New wipeout
Brand new IPs
All major PS4 games BC with PS5 update

A continuation of the Wipeout series made by a studio who know their stuff would be great. But I don't get the impression it's a priority for them.

Last edited:

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Umm not sure what's going to happen at this point.
I don't think that right now there are solid rumors about such a reveal event happening in May.
We just know a few key points and atm I'd prefer to focus on this rather than talking about an event that we don't know in what form is going to happen if at all:

*A console design video with a full teardown of the hardware, also focusing on the cooling system is being planned.
Is it going to be part of a bigger presentation? Is is going to be dropped on a random day like happened with the Dual Sense? Are they going to partner with a website for this technical stuff like DF? We don't know yet.

*Launch is still scheduled for the end of 2020 and it's unlikely to be delayed even if launch lineup is poor and not enough consoles are available. Pretty much the same as MS.
Price is likely to be closer to 499$ rather than 399$ unless there is a clear business plan in place to sell the consoles at a loss boosting profits made on services and games also taking advantage of the prolonged PS4 life. A price adjustement of the PS4 hardware line is also a forced necessity during this fiscal year to establish a correct value proposition against PS5.
In any case you can expect launch date and price to be the last possible details confirmed about the PS5 launch.

*There are still some potentially big unannounced PS5 features, especially at the OS and UI level. The whole features behind the Create button on the Dual Sense are under NDA at the moment, for example.

*We know that Blue Point is working on a remake and it's very likely being targeted as a launch title. It is heavily rumored to be Demon's Souls.

*Guerrilla is working on Horizon 2. It will really likely be used as a technical showcase title for PS5 during the first PS5 games presentation similarly to what happened with Killzone Shadowfall on PS4.
We don't know the release date but it's really likely they're targeting the first year.

*Japan Studio is heavily rumored to be working on a Silent Hill reboot and the project should be announced soon.
We already know that GenDesign has signed a deal with Epic so their next game won't be made with the help of Japan Studio.

*Insomniac is rumored to be working on a Ratchet&Clank game that should be out before Spiderman 2.

*Polyphony is working on the next GT and Santa Monica on the next GOW but we don't know the target release dates of their respective projects.

*Ready at Dawn is pretty much confirmed to be working on a PS5 title (Andrea Pessino has made obvious comments about working with the devkit and having tried the DualSense first hand), it is unknown if it's an exclusive published by Sony or a multiplatform game also coming on PS5.

*Sony San Diego is working on a new big title, there are rumors that they're going to develop the next Uncharted game while Naughty Dog focuses on creating a totally new IP for PS5 and finally release TLOU2 on PS4 (and PS5?).

*Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch are obviously focused on releasing their latest big projects, both for PS4 and both almost complete. It's still not clear how these projects are going to be handled given the launch so close to the PS5 and the delays caused by the covid19 situation. Are they planning a specific PS5 version around launch? Or are they going to make a specific patch to better take advantage of the boost mode of the PS5 BC at launch?

Nice recap.

Now bring on the surprises, the sooner the better, before they get leaked lol

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
If Resistance trilogy got remastered in 4k and 60fps and new visuals.. That'd be sick. And if you buy it, you get access a new multiplayer experience with PS5 that is a preview of Resistance 4 or a reboot.

nelsonroyale

Oct 28, 2017
Using your same format:

Release Date - late November 2020

Price - $449/€449/£450

Launch titles -
Ratchet & Clank
Demon Souls Remake
Japan Studio Project

Third Parties:
Watch Dogs Legion (cross gen)
Call of Duty Vietnam (cross gen)
Batman Reboot (cross gen)
Godfal
Capcom project

-Hardware reveal
-DualSense update.
-Backwards compatibility demoed with Spider-man, The Last of us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima
-PS Now relaunch

Announcements beyond 2020:
Horizon 2
Housemarque title
The last of US 2 multiplayer
Silent Hill

Expecting other games from their big studios to be saved for later events.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Demon's Souls remaster is the only thing I would 100% bet on.

Final Fantasy XVI would be nice, but I think it's a little too soon. Next year is more likely to me.

OP
OP
Sillegamer

Sillegamer

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if the official PlayStation Magazine teasing a May PS5 event is a hunch or based on something?

Deleted member 15973

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Release Date - late October 2020

Price - $399/€399

Launch titles -
Guerilla Games next game
Sony Japan next game
Housemarque next game
ArrowHead next game
Bluepoint next game

Third Parties:
Call of Duty
Both DC WB Projects
Godfall
GTA VI
REVIII
Kojima Productions

I think below will mostly be blog post/youtube videos
-PS5 Features
-Hardware reveal
-DualSense update.
-PS Now Worldwide launch
- tear down

Announcements beyond 2020:
I don't think they will have many show anything that's not a launch window game which is until March 2021 until Gamescom/TGS
I also think we will get a lot of PS4 game reveals but not sure in this May event

Last edited: