• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I predict that all of these will happen...

BINGO_RE.png

All of them apart from the $399 one.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
PS5 Reveal State of Play

May 2020

• Jim Ryan introduces the PS5, box is a minimalistic version of the dev kit (V vents) + DualSense pattern
  • Talks about vision and goals: legacy platform and seamless transition, streaming and new tech, bringing the best tech and tools to developers to create the best experiences;
  • Bluepoint remake reveal (it has to be either DeS, Metal Gear or Legend of Dragoon at this point), PS5 only, live demo, launch title;
  • Ratchet & Clank New Game reveal, launch title;
  • Dualshock 5 deep-dive;
  • Basic OS overview: dashboard, resume feature, that feature for which you join your friend in a certain point automatically (or something along that line, i don't remember the details), revamped PS Store with AI help in navigation
  • The Last of Us Part 2 launches in July, super-extra PS5 patch coming on launch day;
  • Ghost of Tsushima DLC announced, PS5 version (with Raytracing, ecc.) available at launch;
  • Sony acquires Housemarque, new SP AAA announcement, live demo, launch in January/April;
  • More details on backwards compatibility: all PS4 titles working except very small number; all playable in the "legacy mode" (which is PS4/PS4Pro performance), most of the Top 100 PS4 titles automatically get next-gen benefits ("boost mode"), while some will require some work;
  • Backward compatibility for previous gens also confirmed "in one form or the other", more details later;
  • 3rd-party segment:
    • Current gen games getting dedicated "next-gen patches": Jedi Fallen Order, Avengers, Final Fantasy XV, KH3, Cyberpunk 2077
    • Next-gen only games short trailers: Godfall (reconfirms launch day title), Starfield, Assassin's Creed Ragnarok (reveal), Harry Potter RPG (reveal), Diablo IV, FFXVI (reveal), Onimusha (reveal)
  • Gran Turismo 7 announced, trailer, launch window game, planned support for the entire generation;
  • One last thing: Horizon 2 announced, live demo, new protag played by a celebrity, launch window;

Deleted member 18161

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The OP is basically the perfect scenario. It won't be as good as that lol.

I'm expecting a DS Remake for the core and a R&C sequel for the larger market at launch with a couple of teases for future big hitting games (Horizon 2 and Spider-Man 2). I think they'll stick with GT Sport and keep updating it for the first couple of years of PS5. Third parties to fill a significant part of the presentation.

Even that would be a good showing. Hopefully those who can pay the day they pre order get priority for a console this year as I already have the cash put away for it.

MiciaMicio

Jan 4, 2019
PS5 Reveal State of Play

May 2020

• Jim Ryan introduces the PS5, box is a minimalistic version of the dev kit (V vents) + DualSense pattern
  • Talks about vision and goals: legacy platform and seamless transition, streaming and new tech, bringing the best tech and tools to developers to create the best experiences;
  • Bluepoint remake reveal (it has to be either DeS, Metal Gear or Legend of Dragoon at this point), PS5 only, live demo, launch title;
  • Ratchet & Clank New Game reveal, launch title;
  • Dualshock 5 deep-dive;
  • Basic OS overview: dashboard, resume feature, that feature for which you join your friend in a certain point automatically (or something along that line, i don't remember the details), revamped PS Store with AI help in navigation
  • The Last of Us Part 2 launches in July, super-extra PS5 patch coming on launch day;
  • Ghost of Tsushima DLC announced, PS5 version (with Raytracing, ecc.) available at launch;
  • Sony acquires Housemarque, new SP AAA announcement, live demo, launch in January/April;
  • More details on backwards compatibility: all PS4 titles working except very small number; all playable in the "legacy mode" (which is PS4/PS4Pro performance), most of the Top 100 PS4 titles automatically get next-gen benefits ("boost mode"), while some will require some work;
  • Backward compatibility for previous gens also confirmed "in one form or the other", more details later;
  • 3rd-party segment:
    • Current gen games getting dedicated "next-gen patches": Jedi Fallen Order, Avengers, Final Fantasy XV, KH3, Cyberpunk 2077
    • Next-gen only games short trailers: Godfall (reconfirms launch day title), Starfield, Assassin's Creed Ragnarok (reveal), Harry Potter RPG (reveal), Diablo IV, FFXVI (reveal), Onimusha (reveal)
  • Gran Turismo 7 announced, trailer, launch window game, planned support for the entire generation;
  • One last thing: Horizon 2 announced, live demo, new protag played by a celebrity, launch window;
Is this legit? Or just your thoughts?

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
I expect a substantial amount of games shown, but not as much as OP. I think Sony wants a few announcements for later shows and they said they'd not announce far out games anymore. On the other hand I could see them going ham on announcing games over the next year. Coulf be as a response to MS going with games that are far off and trailers that outshine games that are actually coming out soon and/or to simply flex their game dev muscles and create massive hype early in the generation to keep people in the PS ecosystem.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Using your template...
  • Hardware
    • System reveal
    • Release: November 2020
    • Price: $499
  • First-Party
    • Ratchet & Clank (launch)
    • The Last of Us multiplayer game
    • Horizon 2
    • Spider-Man 2
    • Silent HIll
    • Demon Souls remake
    • Gran Turismo 7
  • Third-Party
    • Street Fighter VI
      • First Half of 2021
      • Next-Gen Only
    • Resident Evil 8
      • January 2021
      • Cross-Gen
    • Call of Duty
    • Final Fantasy XVI
    • Godfall
    • Various indie games
  • Next-gen upgrades for current-gen games (FFVII Remake, Avengers, Cyberpunk 2077, TLoU Part II, GoT, etc.)
I don't think we'll hear anything from WB Games (Ex: Batman) since I'm expecting them to have their own event.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I know they said they wouldn't release them at the same time but please show PSVR2 and confirm a VR version of the Silent hill reboot

MiciaMicio

Jan 4, 2019
Using your template...
  • Hardware
    • System reveal
    • Release: November 2020
    • Price: $499
  • First-Party
    • Ratchet & Clank (launch)
    • The Last of Us multiplayer game
    • Horizon 2
    • Spider-Man 2
    • Silent HIll
    • Demon Souls remake
    • Gran Turismo 7
  • Third-Party
    • Street Fighter VI
      • First Half of 2021
      • Next-Gen Only
    • Resident Evil 8
      • January 2021
      • Cross-Gen
    • Call of Duty
    • Final Fantasy XVI
    • Godfall
    • Various indie games
  • Next-gen upgrades for current-gen games (FFVII Remake, Avengers, Cyberpunk 2077, TLoU Part II, GoT, etc.)
I don't think we'll hear anything from WB Games (Ex: Batman) since I'm expecting them to have their own event.
I agree, i think wb might do it's own event or something.

CliveLH

Jun 22, 2019
Since it's been teased that we will be getting PS5 news and a possible event in May, what are everyone's predictions for the event - release date, price, launch titles, third parties, announcements beyond 2020?

Release Date - late November 2020

Price - $499/€499

Launch titles -
Ratchet & Clank
Grab Turismo 7
Demon Souls Remake
Housemarque title
Japan Studio Project

Third Parties:
Watch Dogs Legion
Call of Duty Vietnam
Batman Reboot
Star Wars Project Maverick
Godfall
Bethesda project
Capcom project

-Hardware reveal
-DualSense update.
-Backwards compatibility demoed with The Last of us 2 and Ghost of Tsushima
-PS Now relaunch

Announcements beyond 2020:
Spider-Man 2 tease
God of war 2 tease
Uncharted tease
Horizon 2
Killzone reboot
Silent Hill
The Order reboot
Resident Evil

What are everybody's predictions for a PS5 reveal event in May 2020?

I agree with most of this, but I don't think we'll get the price/release date just yet. They will wait for another event later in the year.
I would add :
- Demo of PS5 new feature like the create button, switching between games, better integration of PS Now
- FF16 world premiere

SoLDieN

Jan 17, 2018
España
Release Date 20 November 2020

Price 449-549

Silent Hill
Horizon 2 tease
Spider-Man 2 tease
God of war 2 tease
Wild Gameplay
Metal Gear Remake tease
Godfall

foamdino

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
My guess:
* $499 / 499 GBP
* hw teardown / reveal
* dual shock demo
* SSD demos (multiple)
* secret sauce reveal - pretty sure that there are things that haven't been mentioned/revealed yet

I'm guessing that there will be a separate games reveal (beyond tech demos)

itfiend

Dec 31, 2019
I agree with most of this, but I don't think we'll get the price/release date just yet. They will wait for another event later in the year.
I would add :
- Demo of PS5 new feature like the create button, switching between games, better integration of PS Now
- FF16 world premiere

I just checked and I ordered both PS4 and XB1 on the first day they were up for pre-order on Amazon - both were around the 10th of June. So yeah, not yet.

Jan 11, 2018
Playstation 5 will launch March 2021 at 449.99$

Ratchet & Clank 6 will be announced for launch.
Horizon 2 will be announced for launch
Silent Hill 7 will be teased
Bluepoint's next remake will be teased (not Demon's Souls)
Uncharted 5 will be teased

God of War 5 and Marvel's Spider Man 2 will not be shown in any way

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I would love to see what a next Gen Ratchet and Clank would look like.

I really hope there is one. I am disappointed with Insomnaics output this generation with Ratchet games.

I only have one this generation and that was the re-imagining.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
- Horizon 2 teaser into gameplay. No date leading to people assume it's a launch title. Hermen Hulst will later clarify it's early 2021.
- Gran Turismo graphical showcase. No name or date, leaving people to wonder whether it's a better looking Sport or 7.
- Street Fighter VI. No exclusivity.
- Ratchet & Clank. Launch title. It's a sequel to 2016 R&C, but also just called Ratchet & Clank.
- Godfall devs hype Godfall.
- Quantic Dream next IP. Think Pixar's Inside Out. You play as three of David Cage's emotions.
- Spider-Man 2! No, wait, it's how Spider-Man PS4 will run on PS5.
- Housemarque's latest bomba. Console exclusive.
- Bluepoint's Demons' Souls Remake. Launch title. Animated logo shows the apostrophe being slashed into other position.
- Console reveal. $449.
- That's all for now. See you soon for another State of Play.

sncvsrtoip

Banned
Apr 18, 2019
Panzer Dragon Saga Remake
Virtua Fighter 6
Gt7 full vr
Code veronica remake
Nextgen Batman
Spiderman 2
Horizon 2

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
FF XVI Trailer
Horizon 2 teaser, 2021 release
Crash Bandicoot trailer, a launch title
Spider-Man 2 trailer
Watch Dogs Legion gameplay, Launch title
Ratchet & Clank 2 trailer, early 2021 release
Demons Souls trailer, launch title
WiLD gameplay trailer, early 2021 release
Godfall trailer, still a launch title
Silent Hill reveal

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I expect to leave disappointed, but hope to be wrong. I don't think Sony's gonna have a single thing to get me excited.

Munstre

Mar 7, 2020
My predictions are that the console will be smaller than expected and probably an odd design. There will be a new feature that we still don't know about. And it will cost $450. They'll talk about enhancements to existing PS4 games, show a demo for it, and reiterate their commitment to BC. Some changes to their services with PS Plus and Now, possibly a combined subscription package.

As far as games shown, exclusives will be: Bluepoint's game, Godfall, R&C, Housemarque/RAD game, and teases for future: Silent Hill, Gran Turismo, Horizon 2 and/or Uncharted 5. Third party multi-platform: New Capcom game (probably RE8), something from Square (probably some tech demo thing for FF16), Call of Duty something, EA with new Star Wars project and a sport game, something from Ubisoft (Watchdogs or AC), and either Batman or Rocksteady's game.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Teased:
Silent Hill Reboot
Spider-man 2
TLOU MP
Cory Barlog's new IP

Launch:
Demon's Souls Remake
Ratchet and Clank
SIE Japan Title

2021 Window:
HZD2
GT7
Housemarque AAA debut

Wildcards:
WiLD
Arrowhead AAA Coop shooter

Midas

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny to read these threads, and I don't mean that as any kind of insult to anyone. :lol

Everyone is always expecting too much.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I think the launch titles will be saturated with free to play live service games.

Developers with an active audience on current gen consoles will be desperate to push their games over so as to avoid losing that audience to upcoming titles like Godfall and Outriders.

So, among the obvious titles I think we'll also see Fortnite, Apex Legends, Warframe, Paladins and so forth.

Oct 25, 2017
Playstation 5 will launch March 2021 at 449.99$

Ratchet & Clank 6 will be announced for launch.
Horizon 2 will be announced for launch
Silent Hill 7 will be teased
Bluepoint's next remake will be teased (not Demon's Souls)
Uncharted 5 will be teased

God of War 5 and Marvel's Spider Man 2 will not be shown in any way

This is by far the least likely prediction.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Sony had three big-ish exclusive launch titles for PS4:

Killzone Shadowfall
Knack
Resogun

I don't think it's likely they would have a massive catalogue full of big AAA titles for PSt launch either.

I'm fully expecting Knack 3.

CRIMSON-XIII

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Mine ;)

- God of War 2 is nowhere to be seen. Horizon 2 is shown but not a launch title.
- Knack 3 exists because of course it does.
- SOCOM is in the works as a surprise or not, to many.
- A new Final Fantasy is shown with a cgi trailer despite FFVIIRemake just launching.
- Spider Man 2 is revealed with a 2021 year
- Gran Turismo will return.
- BluePoints game is

Astronut325

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm surprised so many think we'll see GT. I highly doubt that. I think we'll see the next GT get unveiled in 2022. PD isn't known for making early dates. I'm not an insider, just a hunch.

And they aren't going to unveil more than 3, maybe 4 first party games. They will have a plethora of third party games though if I had to guess.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Now we're talking.

I think it will be whatever is launching in the first six months. Hardware (console and controller) and OS presentations. Third party games. And to close they'll tease whatever the first major first party title will end up being on the console -- so Spiderman or Horizon.

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
I'm not good at game guessing so will make the most obvious and conservative list:

Teased:
Spider-man 2
Horizon 2
GT7/Sport 2

Launch:
Bluepoint game
Housemarque game
Japan Studio family game or Ratchet and Clank

Third-Party
COD
FIFA 21
Watchdogs

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Software:
2 ps5 exclusive tittles(one of them the BP project)
Third party cross gen games
Godfall
Ports(or patch) of TLOU2, and GOT

Release: November
Price: $499.99