• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
This new relationship between Nintendo & Microsoft is super interesting, and super exciting, but up until now it's largely been a case of Xbox tech and games coming to Switch, but not much on the reciprocating end. Obviously there is still immense benefit to MS for putting Xbox Live services on Switch, you work to loop in a whole new massive audience base. But I feel like there will, at some point, be something a bit more tangible, by way of a couple key Nintendo icons hitting MS' platform.

If any game were to initiate this, Mario & Rabbids makes the most sense to me. It's already got roots in multiplatform with the Rabbids, and it's not so much a core Mario title (which I think will always be exclusive to Nintendo's platforms), but instead a game where the Mario tie in is a bit more tangential.

To be clear, I have no info to back this up, it's purely a prediction on my part. But I just can't shake the feeling that Nintendo will at some point "return the favor" so to speak, and M&R seems like a great candidate to mark a huge shift, while not being too flexible with their most key franchises.

What do you think? Am I totally crazy?

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
What's going on is not a reciprocal thing. MS wants to be on Switch, and Nintendo is letting them.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Can't wait for Super Mario Odyssey Xbox Version Windows 10 Edition coming to the Microsoft Store with Xbox Game Pass and Play Everywhere support

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
nah. It's going to be a one-sided relationship.

MS wants more revenue sources, Nintendo wants more games.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
What's going on is not a reciprocal thing. MS wants to be on Switch, and Nintendo is letting them.

Exactly. There is zero benefit to Nintendo selling their games on XBOX hardware. They have no reason to do that. Microsoft is just trying to put their shit literally anywhere they can, but Nintendo doesn't need to do that.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess it's a little less crazy than any other Nintendo title, since it was published by Ubisoft, but no it's not happening. If a Nintendo published title isn't coming to other consoles until hell freezes over then a Nintendo licensed title isn't coming until hell reaches room temperature

JoRu

Oct 25, 2017

Yes, for two reasons:

1. Anything Microsoft does on other platforms is because they think it's beneficial to them. It'd be bizarre if Microsoft expected something "in return" for them doing things that they're doing for their benefit. Companies don't do things to be nice, whether it's towards customers or towards other companies.

2. Ubisoft is the publisher of Mario + Rabbids.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Nah.

If anything, maybe the Star Fox Content for Starlink could be added to the XBONE version, but still...nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.