• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Do we have a list of everything HBO Max covers yet? From what I remember its:

HBO (obviously lol)
Cartoon Network
Adult Swim
Warner Brothers
Hanna Barbara
DC
Turner Classics
Comedy Central
HBO Now (until, I assume, it's phased out and the subscriber base merged into Max?)

Is Nickelodeon part of Max? Or are they over with NBC/Universal/Comcast with Peacock?

Who has MTV or Bravo? Or are they also doing their own services? And I assume eventually the DC Universe service will also be closed and merged into Max?

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
qz.com

Cinemax is the latest casualty of the streaming era

The HBO sister channel will stop producing original content, and its existing series will not be included on the upcoming streaming service, HBO Max.

Talk about ironic, looks like Cinemax original content won't be on HBO Max. I wonder why?
Its a shame too because it makes any sort of action offerings HBO has done or tried to do pale in absolute comparison. Every single one of Cinemax' series offerings were of the best premium cable shows around for nearly a solid decade.

guess im gunna cancel my amazon/hbo sub and grab this.

Last edited:

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Yeah. Looks like it was announced earlier today.

That's why I'm disappointed these things are happening so close to launch. I don't know whether or not they'll make a deal with Amazon by then.

Ah, oh well. I guess no harm, no foul in the end.
$15 a month? Seems like they learned nothing from Disney's success

That is the regular price point for HBO Now, and this has all of that plus whatever comes new under Max.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
how aggravating. there's no hbo app for LG tv's and you cant link an hbo account to the apple tv app without cancelling the cheap subscription and re-subscribing at full price on apple tv.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Little confused about how this works if you have it as an add on for Hulu. Do I need to cancel that and then get a separate Max sub? Or does that turn in to a Max sub?

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Little confused about how this works if you have it as an add on for Hulu. Do I need to cancel that and then get a separate Max sub? Or does that turn in to a Max sub?

Sounds like you will get Max for free if you have it through Hulu.

www.google.com

Hulu to Offer HBO Max at Launch, Free to Most Current HBO Customers

WarnerMedia inked a pact with Disney-controlled Hulu to make HBO Max available to subscribers when the streaming service launches.

King Kingo

Banned
Dec 3, 2019
Do we have a list of everything HBO Max covers yet? From what I remember its:

HBO (obviously lol)
Cartoon Network
Adult Swim
Warner Brothers
Hanna Barbara
DC
Turner Classics
Comedy Central
HBO Now (until, I assume, it's phased out and the subscriber base merged into Max?)

Is Nickelodeon part of Max? Or are they over with NBC/Universal/Comcast with Peacock?

Who has MTV or Bravo? Or are they also doing their own services? And I assume eventually the DC Universe service will also be closed and merged into Max?

You forgot Crunchyroll originals, TBS, TNT and TruTV. Anything owned by WarnerMedia minus Cinemax will be on HBO Max.

Expect duplicate services like VRV, DC Universe and HBO Now to be phased out in favour of HBO Max. Crunchyroll has licensed anime that validate its existence as a companion application alongside HBO Max for WarnerMedia direct-to-consumer operations.

soda mixer

Jul 4, 2018
I'm in for the year deal, and the Ghibli movies are a huge reason why. I have the Spirited Away DVD and watched Ponyo back when it came out, but I'm so fucking excitedly finally watch the rest of the Miyazaki catalogue (and Princess Kaguya).

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
Nicelodeon is with Viacom/CBS.
Ah dammit, thanks

You forgot Crunchyroll originals, TBS, TNT and TruTV. Anything owned by WarnerMedia minus Cinemax will be on HBO Max.

Expect duplicate services like VRV, DC Universe and HBO Now to be phased out in favour of HBO Max. Crunchyroll has licensed anime that validate its existence as a companion application alongside HBO Max for WarnerMedia direct-to-consumer operations.
Oh nice! Yeah it's really looking like my Hulu sub is gonna get the axe now in favor of HBO Max. The only stuff Hulu will have that my girlfriend and I watch are FX shows and that's not reason enough to keep it, I think. Hulu has some CN shows we like but I imagine those will head to HBO Max eventually.