• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Asking about pre-COVID-19 times when you walked into a bar, and you ordered the first thing that popped into your mind when you think of "alcoholic beverages"?

The first thing that popped into my mind was the beer, Dogfish IPA 90. Because it's the only drink I know of that wasn't recommended by someone else that I sorted of liked.

If you aren't old enough to drink yet, I'll just assume it's orange juice, milk, or water. Sorry.

Feep

Lead Designer, Iridium Studios
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Has...has this answer changed for people due to COVID? Bars will eventually open again.

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Young Henry's Newtowner Pale Ale

Yes, because apparently some folks who were tested positive for COVID-19, probably will never be able to taste their favorite drinks.

Yeah for some reason I feel like that won't really have much of an influence with alcohol

the drinking population that drink only for taste is insignificant

Oct 27, 2017
Why would I order the first thing that popped into my head? Am I in a hurry or something? I'd probably look at their menu and see what unique drinks they had that sounded good

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Depends on if I just want something that tastes good (strawberry margaritas or a cider) or if I'm wanting to get drunk (Jack & Coke)

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I come from a country where you can just order a beer by saying 'Gimme a beer', so I usually just say that and get a beer. I was so confused when I walked into a bar in the US, ordered a beer and only got weird looks.

If I'm feeling fancy I'll take a Belgian beer (Piraat, Duvel or Chouffe) or a White Russian, though.

Gigi A

Oct 26, 2017
Austin, TX
Tequila Sunrise

898a4406b87143f7a00e2c44c99e9b8e.jpg

SABO.

Nov 6, 2017
Oh really? That was actually what I always thought about when walking into bars. When ordering drinks, I thought you order specific drinks because you favored those tastes.

Maybe I got it all wrong... :(

Yeah you go for the drinks that you like in taste so that you can reach the desired effects in a more pleasurable way :)

that doesn't stop the majority of the population from sinking down cheap piss to get fucked up though

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
Pint of beer. IPA, preferably a NEIPA or something hazy.

Thankfully my local pub does takeaway pints so I can still get a fix. Very much looking forward to pubs opening next week though!

Mirado

Jul 7, 2020
Nice bar? A Manhattan. Usually with bourbon and half sweet half dry vermouth. Or a scotch if they have something I haven't tried before.
Normal bar? Probably a Gin and Tonic if they have Hendrick's, or something with coke if they don't. Hard to fuck up a " X and coke."

nullref

Oct 27, 2017
Depends on the situation and type of establishment. At a sports bar or generally earlier in the day/evening, I'll look at what beers they have on tap. At a nicer cocktail bar, I'll look at their specialty cocktail menu, or might get something like a Manhattan or Negroni if nothing there appeals to me. At a dive bar or nightclub, probably a more basic cocktail like an old fashioned, margarita, or gin & tonic.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
Really depends on the type of bar. Is this like an Irish pub? Neighborhood dive? Upscale manhattan spot? Different at each one

Xirj

Sep 10, 2019
Pinot noir, if whiskey joint then a proper whiskey sour (Buffalo trace and Laphroaig was if extra fancy).

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Just some amaretto or whatever beer is on tap that sounds good.

ninnanuam

Nov 24, 2017
I generally order a rum, usually a Diplomatico if they have it, two ice cubes and a wedge of lime.

If it's not that kind of bar, a pint of something cold.