• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
Does blood run on this engine? Would love that on switch too.
Blood's problems having nothing to do with support, just licensing. Currently that issue is too complex for us to resolve at this time (the IP and publishing rights are split, which only allowed us to do a PC version).
I actually had an internal version of Blood:FS compiled and running on the Switch. Not... well, mind you, but that was just a flat compile of what was just the PC code with no work done on the AngelScript support, which nowadays we have a native ARM64 interpreter for (which in fact PowerSlave is using now).

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Ha, the closest I got to powerslave was via a DOOM mapset called "Epic 2" which used powerslave stuff in it, I'm looking forward to play the actual game soon.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Damn it, approximately 9 hours until it releases on Steam. What am I supposed to do during my workday until then? Work?

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Grabbing this after work - gotta support everything Nightdive does.

snakey2389

May 31, 2019
played like 4 hours tonight and I'm halfway through already lol. It's so good, the level design is great old school fun

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome. I only just played the originals last year. Will be interesting to see how they blend the two, and play with modern controls as well.

Igor

Oct 31, 2017
I love you, Nightdive. This is getting instantly purchased when it goes live in my region.

Blackpuppy

Oct 28, 2017
Ugh, I really want to play this game… but I need to finish Shadowman Remastered first. Damn you Nightdive!!

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I've been waiting forever for any type of information on this since it got announced and I turn my PS5 on and bam it's right there.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Blood's problems having nothing to do with support, just licensing. Currently that issue is too complex for us to resolve at this time (the IP and publishing rights are split, which only allowed us to do a PC version).

Reminds me of the shambled mess of IP issues/publishing/ownership rights of No One Lives Forever/No One Lives Forever 2. If there was one game that I'd love to see updated more than anything, it would be that.

But nooooo, no one can get their shit together when it comes to this series and it is a damn shame.

lcap

Oct 27, 2017
Yes!!! Buying later today on switch!

Edward850 Sorry to use this thread for this question, but why is Forsaken not available in Brazil? Are there plans to make it available one day?

Edit: on consoles, specially Xbox.

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I actually had an internal version of Blood:FS compiled and running on the Switch. Not... well, mind you, but that was just a flat compile of what was just the PC code with no work done on the AngelScript support, which nowadays we have a native ARM64 interpreter for (which in fact PowerSlave is using now).
Is the SiN port coming to consoles as well? Can you tell us about any other ports on the horizon? I'd kill for Shadow Warrior, Shogo and Quake 2.

Edward850

Software & Netcode Engineer at Nightdive Studios
Verified
Apr 5, 2019
New Zealand
Edward850 Sorry to use this thread for this question, but why is Forsaken not available in Brazil? Are there plans to make it available one day?

Edit: on consoles, specially Xbox.
Are you sure it isn't? You might want to recheck that. I recently fixed up a lot of our old Xbox app entries, they were missing a lot of entries as they were based on some really old Xbox One store configurations that didn't seem to transition very well. Let me know if it still isn't and I'll investigate.
Is the SiN port coming to consoles as well? Can you tell us about any other ports on the horizon? I'd kill for Shadow Warrior, Shogo and Quake 2.
So we haven't announced platforms for it yet (at least that I'm aware of), so I can't really comment on that officially, but we own the IP so there wouldn't really be anything stopping us from doing console releases that I personally know of. Business dealings aren't my domain however.
Can you tell us about any other ports on the horizon? I'd kill for Shadow Warrior, Shogo and Quake 2.
Obviously not. :P Unless it's announced, it's not for me to talk about. Unless I was producing an original game (no I'm not presently producing an original game. Maybe one day. :V)

Last edited:

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
jbfDSuj.png

Ooooh.

OooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH.

Unlock in 6 hours.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Aaaaand bought!

I need to make a folder of Nightdive games on my console at this point 😅

Gelf

Oct 27, 2017
Saturn Exhumed was the first FPS I ever finished, looking forward to picking this up on Steam tonight.

How does the save system work in this? The old console version didn't have any mid level saves. In any case the game should feel easier now as we're not stuck with a limited 2D controller.

Deleted member 23475

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait about that one! Dunno if I should pick it up on XSX or Switch yet, maybe on Switch. Man if I wish that Nightdive could do this type of port to these modern consoles of Dark forces 1& 2 + Misteries of the Sith and Voyager Elite Force. One can dream 🙏

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
playing the switch version now. what the hell is subtractive and modulated shading. 10 years of digital foundry and i have no idea which settings to pick. modulated seems brighter?

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the dev stream and it's gorgeous.

Apparently plays well on Steam Deck too.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
argh
to buy now or wait for inevitable lrg physical

oh wait i'll just do both

STATION!