• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which is your banger of choice?

• Powerline - Eye 2 Eye

Votes: 289 92.3%
  • 4town - Nobody Like U

Votes: 24 7.7%

• Total voters

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
man

i love turning red but you cant fucking make me turn against Goofy Movie

fc31c14d5bd5b6019aa0dcc37b6fa000.gif

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
That song in Turning Red was a good imitation of 02 boy band pop, and I liked it, but you can't hold a candle to Powerline.

Kcoe27400

Mar 14, 2018
Come on. Im a fan of 4town have been since i was a kid but you can't compete with Powerline. Powerline was just on a whole other level from the rest of the industry back then.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
Powerline. How dare you suggest anything is comparable! There's weekend ERA and then there's this bullshit.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
IF WE LISTEN TO EAAACH OOOOTHER'S HEART ♫
We'll find we're never to faaar apart ♪

Found a vid that embeds. You're welcome!

Bonus Video of Tevin Campbell on Fresh Prince~

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
I think 4town is awesome, I was singing along to all there songs, but I'm a victim to nostalgia, Eye to Eye is a part of my childhood

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
You're putting 00's boy bands against 90's R&B. In fairness, the song isn't bad. But like...even from a writing perspective, Eye to Eye is better. And Tevin Campbell is a legend who don't get enough respect.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
Nobody Like U is a great song. I've had it on rotation all week.

But come the fuck on. It's mother fucking Powerline.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Asking a forum that is 80% Millennials if a bangin' Disney song from 90's is better than anything new is a great way to have a laughably one-sided poll from the get-go XD

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
I adored "Turning Red" but when I realized "Hey this is basically gonna be Goofy Movie with a twist, isn't it?" I got super let down both that it wasn't a true musical and that their band wasn't nearly as good.

Asking a forum that is 80% Millennials if a bangin' Disney song from 90's is better than anything new is a great way to have a laughably one-sided poll from the get-go XD

Fair, but I think the boy band parody songs from stuff like American Dad, Gravity Falls, and Bob's Burgers were better too. 4town is fine, but felt a bit muted to me.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I hadn't heard that song from Turning Red yet, but even after hearing it. It's a pretty good song but it doesn't have the energy of Eye to Eye and so it loses.

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
I adored "Turning Red" but when I realized "Hey this is basically gonna be Goofy Movie with a twist, isn't it?" I got super let down both that it wasn't a true musical and that their band wasn't nearly as good.

Fair, but I think the boy band parody songs from stuff like American Dad, Gravity Falls, and Bob's Burgers were better too. 4town is fine, but felt a bit muted to me.

Boyz 12 is absolute top tier

CrunchyFrog

Oct 28, 2017

You're not wrong.

But also, I 2 I (and the official title IS "I 2 I" get it right people) objectively is a hotter track in every way possible.

wenis

Oct 25, 2017
How is this even a fair vote.

It's always going to be Powerline. It was never not Powerline. It just IS.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I2I alone blows every 4*Town song we know of out of the water. Powerline also had better dance moves, and belted much better vocals.

Only thing 4*Town has is showmanship; their tech is better than anything that was at Powerline's show, but they've got a ten year difference on the dude so.

Emperor_El

Oct 29, 2017
Should've put the Boy Band parody up against another Boy Band parody so they'd at least stood a chance.

www.youtube.com

Boyz 4 Now - I Love U So Much (It's Scary) ["Official" Music Video]

Hot new single dropped by Boyz 4 Now, here's the music video!!You can purchase an OFFICIAL release of this song on the soon-to-be-released Bob's Burgers Musi...

www.youtube.com

Boyz 12 - Girl You Need A Shot of B12 (American Dad) Best Quality

American Dad. Boyz 12 - Girl You Need A Shot of B12.american dadboyz 12b12

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
gosh turning red was great. i think it's better than a goofy movie. and i love a goofy movie.

but 4town felt like a joke-take on late 90s/early 00s boy bands in a way that was like 'haha remember when we used to go crazy over this stuff?' and powerline in a goofy movie was supposed to be an actual take on then-popular music.

there's also a strong argument to be had that i2i isn't even the best powerline song.

Spritchard

Oct 29, 2017
Powerline is a god, I'm still in disbelief all these years later he never got a stand alone album, at least an EP.

Oct 8, 2019
DC Superhero Girls did a much better job than Turning Red, and that was on a children's show budget and in that version the 3 guys singing are Flash, Green Lantern, and Aqualad.

The problem is that it just doesnt hold a candle to what it was trying to imitate like its nowhere as good as the songs of the Backstreet Boys

More importantly its not the emotional climax of the film like Eye 2 Eye is, thats where Max gets on stage, achieves his mission, bonds with his father, and impresses his favorite musician. In turning Red its a setup for a comedy scene thats followed by the actual emotional climax like 5 minutes later.