• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
This is a thread for the currently airing Dino Fury season of power rangers, the second season of the hasbro era

latest

synopsis:

When an army of powerful alien beings is unleashed on Earth threatening life as we know it, a brand-new team of Power Rangers, fueled by the pre-historic power of the dinosaurs, are recruited to deal with the threat.​

Hasbro's official Site for it

the characters

Zayto:

Zayto is an alien from the planet Rafkon. He has been on Earth since the time of the dinosaurs, frozen in stasis. After he is revived, he leads the Dino Fury Power Rangers in the hopes of stopping the evil forces that destroyed his planet from destroying Earth.​

zayto is chonologically earths first red ranger and the last surviving member of his ranger team

Ollie Akana:

Ollie is a confident, logical skeptic who's never afraid to share his opinion and always needs to prove he's right. Growing up, he traveled the globe with his archaeologist mom, Dr. Akana. Ollie doesn't believe that there's anything that can't be proven or explained by science​

Amelia Jones

A go-getting journalist with a passion for the paranormal, Amelia works at the internet media agency, BuzzBlast. She's well known in Pine Ridge as the person you come to if anything "weird" happens. Her enthusiasm seeps into everything she does, much to the amusement of her friends and coworkers.​

the other three rangers will be added when they show up in the show

Morphing sequence

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Bravo on the ot and that subtitle lol. That part with Zayto riding the trex was hilarious.

Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017
Zayto is great so far, a very refreshing Red Ranger.

Also his 65 million BC Knight uniform legit looks cool.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
This is a thread for the currently airing Dino Fury season of power rangers, the second season of the hasbro era

latest

synopsis:

Hasbro's official Site for it

the characters

Zayto:

zayto is chonologically earths first red ranger and the last surviving member of his ranger team

Ollie Akana:

Amelia Jones

the other three rangers will be added when they show up in the show

Morphing sequence

They're going hard into the comic morphing grid bullshit.

You love to see it

DarkWish

Oct 27, 2017
Virginia
Really enjoying it so far. The characters are interesting and not just caricatures. Lots of little nuggets for the long-time fans. And that morphing sequence was super cool with the beat kicking in right when they hit the ground. Well done.

cloudzack117

Oct 25, 2017
I gave the first episode a shot but I havent enjjoyed any of the recent series at all. So far Im really liking it! Zayto seems like a boss and the other 2 are pretty cool as well. That Zord sequence in episode 2 was great

OptiveLink

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, watched the two episodes so far. This is really fun actually.
The music is pretty great, the characters are all fun, and there are some cool concepts being explored.

Kard8p3

Oct 25, 2017
I'm about to head to bed but I think after I get some stuff done tomorrow I'll sit down and give the show a watch, I've heard great things.

edit: Is there anywhere online I can legally watch this yet? Or only on TV?

Last edited:
OP
OP
AnimaRize

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
I'm about to head to bed but I think after I get some stuff done tomorrow I'll sit down and give the show a watch, I've heard great things.

nick.com but you may need an account for more than episode 1

preview for episode 3

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Only on TV. For some stupid reason, PR doesn't operate like a modern show and put new episodes on streaming services. That said, I'd suggest Philo. It's $20/month,but includes nick and other live TV channels.

OP
OP
AnimaRize

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
Only on TV. For some stupid reason, PR doesn't operate like a modern show and put new episodes on streaming services. That said, I'd suggest Philo. It's $20/month,but includes nick and other live TV channels.
that's not entirely true you can watch on nick.com but you need to sign in with your tv provider to access more than episode 1 as of this current moment

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
that's not entirely true you can watch on nick.com but you need to sign in with your tv provider to access more than episode 1 as of this current moment
True true, but if you have a TV provider, you can just watch the episodes live or on demand. I just wish the episodes were up next day on iTunes and whatnot. I'll even pay $40 for the whole season.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I don't even know if you can watch on-demand.

When I checked last week, nick app still had Beast Morphers.

Oct 25, 2017
And they wonder why the show isn't doing well.
"Put it on early in the morning when kids are still sleeping"
"Do not offer any streaming options for people that don't have cable"
"What do you mean you're taking the show elsewhere?"

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Okay, okay. Real talk. Why wasn't it called Power Rangers Dino Knights?

Like I would have gotten interested a lot quicker if it was called that.

I like the theme song but just a bit too synthy. Miss heavy guitars that always screams Power Rangers to me. The Morphin call is a bit too long
I love the suits though.

OP
OP
AnimaRize

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
Ep. 3 Zayto's homesick and reminisces about his mother, receives a message from a broken transmitter, goes to a psychic to try to learn what the message was only for it to be a fake (this is power rangers and main timeline power rangers it being a real psychic was a real possibility) medusa sporix hatch, the keys allow for civilian powers. I did not like the current comic relief, show ends by sending a message to the universe

Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017
Ha, you can see Izzy tear off the skirt in the back round.

It's cool that they actually gave it an explanation, what a change from the days of Megaforce just adding in whole new teams without any context whatsoever

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, can't wait for the next episode. So excited to see the whole team together.

Slatsunus

Nov 2, 2017
Ugh, can't wait for the next episode. So excited to see the whole team together.
The clips out are so good. The new Composer is a blessing, best OST in like 2 decades.

Also the Garcia's are both gonna be huge fan favorites, I can feel it. Javi for his ridiculous attractiveness, Izzy for her attitude

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
The clips out are so good. The new Composer is a blessing, best OST in like 2 decades.

Also the Garcia's are both gonna be huge fan favorites, I can feel it. Javi for his ridiculous attractiveness, Izzy for her attitude
Agreed on the ost! I pray that hasbro releases it. Doubt they will though because hasbro.

Haven't watched the clips yet. They usually give away too much for me.

OP
OP
AnimaRize

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
episode 4 down, And honestly despite the acting at some points this season after 4 episodes is starting to feel like power rangers is returning to the time when it was good in the disney era, before neo saban happened and kind of pushed me off on the series for a bit

DarkWish

Oct 27, 2017
Virginia
It was a fun episode. Really liking the new characters, the skirt thing was a nice way of explaining the Sentai footage, more great music... it was nice!

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
I'm actually really liking this season

I did enjoy Dino Thunder and Beast Morphers but I felt more because they weren't as bad as expected.

This season really liking the characters, the comic relief exists but isn't overbearing.

OP
OP
AnimaRize

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
This show is definitely improving with each episode, the issue Javi was having today was something i am sure a lot of people can relate to.

next week
if the leaked episode list was correct Mick Kanic will show up, now whether he is just a one episode cameo or going to stay for the long haul is still is up in the air
gold ranger reveal

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Yo, this mid-season finale was great.
The Morphin Masters making the dino gems, energems, and Ninja Nexus Prism, and reviving Steele was a great treat. I assume the prism was waking up the gold zord for some reason? I'm really interested in seeing what Void Knight's deal is. We can assume the jukebox is tied to healing his partner.

OP
OP
AnimaRize

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
Yo, this mid-season finale was great.
The Morphin Masters making the dino gems, energems, and Ninja Nexus Prism, and reviving Steele was a great treat. I assume the prism was waking up the gold zord for some reason? I'm really interested in seeing what Void Knight's deal is. We can assume the jukebox is tied to healing his partner.
yeah it was a massive lore drop, though kind of a ret con but i can forgive it. the respect to the legacy of power has been high with hasbro seasons, something sadly neo saban was lacking

Oct 25, 2017
I think Mick used his shapeshifting ability more in this single episode than the entirety of Ninja Steel.
I actually forgot he could do that until he showed it.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Heads up: Episodes 1-11 are now on Netflix. Episodes 9-11 are brand-new. And we also have our first previous of Episode 12, which is coming "soon" on Netflix. It's worth noting that we don't know what the rollout from here on will look like. They could do batch drops or even weekly. Personally, I hope we go with weekly.