• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Sep 3, 2018
Phoenix, AZ
This new first sequel season to the show POWER on starz is on to a great intense start! Episode 1 is out now. new episodes every Sunday.

www.youtube.com

Power Book II: Ghost | Official Trailer | STARZ

The legacy lives on. Power Book II: Ghost premieres September 6 on STARZ. #PowerGhost #PowerNeverEnds #PowerTV Subscribe to the STARZ YouTube Channel for mor...

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
giphy.gif

I haven't watched any of Book 2 yet but Power is still a guilty pleasure. Not the best written but I'm going to see it all the way through 😂

Contraband

Nov 15, 2017
Hannah, Montana
I cannot believe that I am enjoying this shit so much.

It's wild that 50 has created a modern day very watered down version of The Wire with Power + Spinoffs but fuck it; I'm absolutely in.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Wait this show is actually decent?

Tariq is the worst part of Power.
They wrapped him around a very unique and hilarious cast that absolutely carry this show.
Mary J Blige's acting is mad wooden but there is enough wild ass characters and story lines to make this mad entertaining. And the quality is still several levels above Empire.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
i thought this thread was going to be about some rare limited edition macintosh

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
Power-Book-2-Cast.jpg

Just finished watching Episode 5. Spoilers :

- I knew Method Man's character would turn out to be a shiesty ass lawyer. Maybe there's a twist to all his dealings with Saxe, and he's shiesty in favor for Tariq and Tasha.

- Anime niece is annoyingly entertaining. Tariq getting doped up by her and ending up with having his whole soliloquy in front of Ghost's gravesite. You knew he'd end up getting filmed by Saxe someway.

- Dunno where they're headed with the sex addicted Professors and shit. Zeke been tryin' to smash Prof. Carrie from the dribble. Guess he doesn't need Tariq for his grades anymore. Took matters into his own hands. And other Prof. Jabari lazy ass sex crazy muthafucka, stealing and plagiarizing Tariq. That's why he made him write an extra ten pages. 😅

- Kaine and Tariq need more interactions. Monet's three kids have actually been a nice addition. Diana salty as fuck when she had take the L from Lauren pullin' up to Tariq's Birthday.

- They better have Tommy back in the second half of the season to make up for all this shit in the first half. The show missing him and Ghost's presence a lot is an understatement.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here watching book 2? This 2nd half has been amazing and hilarious with all the storylines going on. Thoroughly enjoying it.

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
This adult professor dude rage obsessing over Tariq 😆
Just finished watching the episode. I laughed out when this dude Jabari raged and snapped the pencil. Equating that he was the "square boyfriend" mentioned in Tariq's paper. That shit was so fucking funny to me.

Dru was the MVP of the episode. The man came through when it came down to it. All three of the Tejada kids got good chemistry together on screen. The storylines funny style but entertaining nevertheless.

2 more episodes for Tommy to still pull up and turn everything upside down.

Domcorleone

Oct 26, 2017
This season is so entertaining. Way better than the past 5 seasons of Power. I love the family dynamic- Dru and Kane are great and I love MJB in it. Season is way funnier too. The teacher snapping the pencil had me in tears

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Man, IDC what anyone says...this season of power has so many storylines happening at once that every scene is fucking exciting. This is the best Power has been in years....
Shocking, entertaining and absolutely hilarious. This show is peak fuckery in the most sophisticated way.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Man, IDC what anyone says...this season of power has so many storylines happening at once that every scene is fucking exciting. This is the best Power has been in years....
Shocking, entertaining and absolutely hilarious. This show is peak fuckery in the most sophisticated way.
Yep I love it too. I didnt care much for ghost so the whole riq/ghost relationship doesnt sour me on rip.

Why the hell would dru get up and run when they shooting rounds into the window?
Did Mary really give riq a pass just because he "covered" diana while they were shooting?
Why did Cane get blamed? Are they forgetting that they killed Rico's guy? Also the fact that THEY pushed Cane away?

Sorta related, you see the trailer for Raising Kanan? That is gonna be a good show too.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Just watched last night's ep and fully caught up and yea, dru running to grab a piece was a head scratcher. Cane getting the blame is par the course cuz he's fucking crazy. Monet forgiving reek once again just shows how weak of a leader she is.

Sidenote, all the black women in this show are fucking gorgeous and I continue to love it.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Completely agree! They even managed to make me not hate Tariq. Mary J. Is the star though she steals every scene she is in.

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
This shit is fantastic. I was always a fan of Power throughout and loved Tariq's actor and character despite all the takes about him. Glad to see him as a centerpiece of a show, as he's doing really well.

So many solid storylines and plot points happening. Good comedy and intrigue to keep the episodes pumping. The only storyline I hate is the Jabari/Carrie bullshit. Every time they're in a room together I'm just like "FOH"

Otherwise, it's been great. Fantastic to see it has performed very well in terms of views/numbers and got renewed

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Season finale was amazing lmao. I cannot wait for the next books.

And you-know-who coming out to Many Men was 🐐 level.

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
Season finale was incredible.

Not sure why so many people hate on Tariq. Kid is really developing, and I look forward to his scenes. He (Rainey Jr.) did very well for his first season being the center of the plot.

BloodHound

Oct 27, 2017
Soooooo, anyone watching Book 3?
So far, I like it. Loving Joey Badass in this lol.

Kanaan's mom...is terrifying.

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not sold on it after two episodes. All the other Power spin offs make sense to me but I don't know that we needed a Kanan prequel.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
I feel like the cast/characters are all around stronger than previous seasons so far with notable standouts being Unique and Jukebox. Also the casting for Kanan is spot on.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
:\

Man....I'm missing out on the latest episodes. I'm in France for work right now and the internet where I am is hot garbage. ;_;

2pac_71

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished season 1 of Ghost, it was good. are the other spin offs pretty good?

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I just finished season 1 of Ghost, it was good. are the other spin offs pretty good?
I like Raising Kanan a lot. The focus isn't just on Kanan but his mom who is played by Patina Miller who gives you the business. The acting on Power is never anything to write home about but Patina brought it. My husband HATES Power (I have seen every episode of every series) and really got into Raising Kanan because of Raq.