• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Did Your Last Gen Console Survive the Entire Generation?

• Launch Day Console Going Strong

Votes: 129 40.8%
  • Mid-Gen Console Going Strong

Votes: 176 55.7%
  • Mine Needed to be Replaced for Reasons

Votes: 12 3.8%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 34 10.8%

• Total voters

nny

Oct 25, 2017
A couple of buttons in the DualShock that came with my day 1 PS4 stopped working recently, but the console is still working, I did move to a Pro mid-gen though (the Pro is also healthy).

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
My 3-year-old PS4 Slim is going strong. My controller is still good too. I'm not getting a next-gen console for 2-3 years. I don't care about the new consoles. I can wait until their UI is updated and a mid gen update.

I also have a used OG Xbox One my best friend gave me 2 years ago. I've never turned it on but I think it still works. I feel like selling though. Otherwise, it sits beneath a towel to protect it from dust. My 360 got messed up though due to dust in the fans. Protect your consoles folks. Put a towel over it when you're not playing it. Dust is gross and does serious damage to fans.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I just started Miles Morales on PS4 yesterday lol, not ready to get the PS5 yet.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
I upgraded to One X but my OG Xbox One was still going strong. I hope it's serving proudly and with honor at the children's hospital.

Edify

Oct 28, 2017
Bought my PS4 a year after launch and it still works. I did encounter an extremely long load time (around 2 minutes) randomly when replaying Yakuza 6 a few weeks ago so the stock HDD might be starting to have issues but the console is fine. It also seems to be a bit of a unicorn in that it runs very quietly.

My two DS4s are also mechanically fine after 6 years of heavy use. I did replace the batteries in both at the end of last year though because the battery life had become miserable but now I'm back to getting a lofty 5-6 hours per charge lol.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
I gave my launch day Xbox One to my brother when I got the One X, and both are still trucking along just fine. Hopefully the same will be true of my Series X in seven or eight years!

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Putting Thor: Dark World as a poll option has been old for many years now and it's not really even funny. I don't understand why this is still a meme.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Launch PS4 unfortunately didn't make it. It had the disc eject issue essentially since I got it, but I was able to keep it under control until about fall 2017, when all the fixes I had been using suddenly no longer worked and I had to replace it. Ended up getting the Destiny 2 PS4 Pro bundle.

My Sunset Overdrive Xbox One made it all the way to the end though.