• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Did Your Last Gen Console Survive the Entire Generation?

• Launch Day Console Going Strong

Votes: 129 40.8%
  • Mid-Gen Console Going Strong

Votes: 176 55.7%
  • Mine Needed to be Replaced for Reasons

Votes: 12 3.8%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 34 10.8%

• Total voters

nny

Oct 25, 2017
A couple of buttons in the DualShock that came with my day 1 PS4 stopped working recently, but the console is still working, I did move to a Pro mid-gen though (the Pro is also healthy).

Jo-awn

Oct 25, 2017
New York, NY
My 3-year-old PS4 Slim is going strong. My controller is still good too. I'm not getting a next-gen console for 2-3 years. I don't care about the new consoles. I can wait until their UI is updated and a mid gen update.

I also have a used OG Xbox One my best friend gave me 2 years ago. I've never turned it on but I think it still works. I feel like selling though. Otherwise, it sits beneath a towel to protect it from dust. My 360 got messed up though due to dust in the fans. Protect your consoles folks. Put a towel over it when you're not playing it. Dust is gross and does serious damage to fans.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I just started Miles Morales on PS4 yesterday lol, not ready to get the PS5 yet.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
I upgraded to One X but my OG Xbox One was still going strong. I hope it's serving proudly and with honor at the children's hospital.

Edify

Oct 28, 2017
Bought my PS4 a year after launch and it still works. I did encounter an extremely long load time (around 2 minutes) randomly when replaying Yakuza 6 a few weeks ago so the stock HDD might be starting to have issues but the console is fine. It also seems to be a bit of a unicorn in that it runs very quietly.

My two DS4s are also mechanically fine after 6 years of heavy use. I did replace the batteries in both at the end of last year though because the battery life had become miserable but now I'm back to getting a lofty 5-6 hours per charge lol.

In Amber Clad

static and disarray
Aug 26, 2018
London
I gave my launch day Xbox One to my brother when I got the One X, and both are still trucking along just fine. Hopefully the same will be true of my Series X in seven or eight years!

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Putting Thor: Dark World as a poll option has been old for many years now and it's not really even funny. I don't understand why this is still a meme.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Launch PS4 unfortunately didn't make it. It had the disc eject issue essentially since I got it, but I was able to keep it under control until about fall 2017, when all the fixes I had been using suddenly no longer worked and I had to replace it. Ended up getting the Destiny 2 PS4 Pro bundle.

My Sunset Overdrive Xbox One made it all the way to the end though.