• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
Photoshop quality aside it would be cool if you could decide what color the LEDs would show. I mean it wouldn't be hard. The DS4 light bar changes color all the times so I imagine they could do that too. Hence red light with black.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Hope there is a black one at launch as I don't think I like it in white enough to get day 1.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So, if this is really a thing, the options are white with blue light and black with red light...

Can I get a grey with green light, please?

kurt

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nope, they should create a diff design as a whole.
It's the shape that is the issue, not the color.

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
Looks a lil too gamer-y with those red accents for me.

Still, would be nice to have the choice.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Ok, so from what you can seee in this ad and make out of text.

"Sony Targets"
"Poster in the back office"
Image of Experia mobile phone and general purpose reward/gift cards.

B Brilliant logo at the bottom.

Shutdown-bb | be brilliant

This is an advert for staff of O2 /Telefonica cellphone stores who are being inventivised to sell Sony products for which they can log into the brilliant website and claim other Sony rewards.

The ad won't be made or authorised by Playstation , but as we already know, a black PS5 looks neater next to other black electronics, so some creative liberty has been taken by the graphic designer.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
FreeColorlessAmericanshorthair-size_restricted.gif

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
I find it funny that people needed this confirmed as fake. Surely it would be black and blue. Still looks horrendous regardless!

Expy

Oct 26, 2017
Why would anyone have thought this was real? It's clearly a fake/mockup, even before the person who made it posted the proof.

Too many things to easily point out:
  • Red light color is a no-no
  • PS logo isn't supposed to be colored, it's a cut-out
  • The Sony logo is also embossed, not colored
  • The stand out be closer to what the "black" color would really look like if it were a real render

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
Surely they must see how many people are thirsty for a black one?

yeah, yeah, they decided to go with a different design this time, and that's cool, but a substantial number of people want a black one

Nov 4, 2017
As OK as I am with the design of the PS5 and DS5 (seriously it's just a plastic shell, it's fine), I really hope the backlash leads to some slick custom paint jobs.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Surely they must see how many people are thirsty for a black one?

yeah, yeah, they decided to go with a different design this time, and that's cool, but a substantial number of people want a black one
I think they anticipated the series x being black, and wanted to purposely differentiate, even if that doesn't matter.

TheHyde

Oct 29, 2017
I wouldn't worry too much if you really want a black one...I'm sure there will be many iterations of PS5 colorwise down the road...likely already in 2021, if nothing else then at least special editions.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks much better, but I think I'd prefer black with the blue accents.

It's still a fucking huge box that won't fit in my entertainment center.