• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

spootime

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
xbb6137---1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.mHNtvTfGhI.jpg

But they're getting holes at the toe so I'm looking for something new.

Yo what are these? I really want shoes without laces that I can slip on and off.

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man
Ive been running with some random Nikes but they are starting to wear out and aren't great. I'm gonna go to the outlet adidas store and pick up some ultraboost 19. I hope they are good.

rhindle

Oct 27, 2017
Ultraboost 19 is my go-to shoe currently. I also have the Hokas posted above and like them a lot for longer runs.

NekoFever

Oct 25, 2017
Brooks Levitate

110290_069_l_WR.jpg

I don't actually find them as comfortable as the Brooks Glycerins I had last year, but my feet are in a much better state than at this point last season.

They're fairly threadbare underneath now so I'm thinking about replacements. Will probably string them out until the end of the year, though.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
I don't think they make them in the colour I have any more, but I've got a good few years out of my New Balance Minimus Trails:

164a2f0d-5a26-4eef-9480-a3da947e683b

BradC00

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bought some Hoka rincons and Reebok floatrides instead of ASICs after reading some reviews. Aiming for my first marathon in February with these!

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
What do you consider heavy? The Clifton 6 is relatively light for the amount of cushion you get in them.
My experience with cushion heavy shoes is so limited. Have some Asics dynaflytes that are a little heavier than the Cliftons, and I'd say they're about as heavy as I'd want. I think I'm just used to running in light shoes cause I never did any distance running or training in school. I'm gonna try out Hoka's lightweight Rincon model I think. Still a balanced cushion but quite a bit lighter and I think they look dope. If I have any leg issues I suppose I'll have to get used to something heavier for my next pair.

Hoka-One-One-Rincon.jpg

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
My experience with cushion heavy shoes is so limited. Have some Asics dynaflytes that are a little heavier than the Cliftons, and I'd say they're about as heavy as I'd want. I think I'm just used to running in light shoes cause I never did any distance running or training in school. I'm gonna try out Hoka's lightweight Rincon model I think. Still a balanced cushion but quite a bit lighter and I think they look dope. If I have any leg issues I suppose I'll have to get used to something heavier for my next pair.

Hoka-One-One-Rincon.jpg
The Rincon is more of an uptempo shoe than a distance trainer. It's firmer than other Hoka models even though it looks very similar to a Clifton. It's also incredibly narrow and would definitely recommend trying it on before buying it.

I'm also used to running in light shoes. I've been running in the Skechers Razor 3 which is the lightest shoe (and most likely the best shoe) I've ever worn, at only 6.8oz for a size 10.5 I rotate them with other heavy shoes and the heavier shoes still feel great. The Clifton 6 felt surprisingly light. I wouldn't let the on-paper weight for shoes worry you, depending on the cushioning a shoe uses the shoe can feel lighter on foot. I've been running in the NB Propel lately and they weigh in at 9.6oz (according to my food scale) but since the FulCell misdole is so bouncy and propulsive, it feels relatively light on foot.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
Just got my new pair of Vibrams today.

s-l1600.jpg

I would never take these off if I didn't have to

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
The Rincon is more of an uptempo shoe than a distance trainer. It's firmer than other Hoka models even though it looks very similar to a Clifton. It's also incredibly narrow and would definitely recommend trying it on before buying it.

I'm also used to running in light shoes. I've been running in the Skechers Razor 3 which is the lightest shoe (and most likely the best shoe) I've ever worn, at only 6.8oz for a size 10.5 I rotate them with other heavy shoes and the heavier shoes still feel great. The Clifton 6 felt surprisingly light. I wouldn't let the on-paper weight for shoes worry you, depending on the cushioning a shoe uses the shoe can feel lighter on foot. I've been running in the NB Propel lately and they weigh in at 9.6oz (according to my food scale) but since the FulCell misdole is so bouncy and propulsive, it feels relatively light on foot.
Thanks for the info I'm definitely inexperienced with buying real running shoes. Whatever Nikes I thought looked cool always worked fine for conditioning for football, basketball, and baseball in high school. Hoka has a 30 day tryout policy, so I think I'll give em a shot. I looked at the Razor 3's as well, so maybe I'll go that direction if I don't fall in love with these. I like the idea of having another pair for longer runs too, so I could see myself getting the Cliftons on top of that down the line.

I also tend to go uptempo on my runs anyways unless I have my running app on telling me to slow down constantly. I'm a natural sprinter, and I'm just doing it to stay in shape not to run in marathons or crush mile splits or anything.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the info I'm definitely inexperienced with buying real running shoes. Whatever Nikes I thought looked cool always worked fine for conditioning for football, basketball, and baseball in high school. Hoka has a 30 day tryout policy, so I think I'll give em a shot. I looked at the Razor 3's as well, so maybe I'll go that direction if I don't fall in love with these. I like the idea of having another pair for longer runs too, so I could see myself getting the Cliftons on top of that down the line.

I also tend to go uptempo on my runs anyways unless I have my running app on telling me to slow down constantly. I'm a natural sprinter, and I'm just doing it to stay in shape not to run in marathons or crush mile splits or anything.

Rincon should work well for you then, as long as the narrow-ness of Hoka doesn't bother you.

I'd recommend buying from https://www.runningwarehouse.com/ - They have a 90 day return policy and free 2-day shipping (and no tax, at least for me). You can also use the promo code from here - https://www.roadtrailrun.com/ - if you look on the right side, they have a rotating promo code for Running Warehouse for 10% off.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Mens-Shoes-PUMA-Viz-Runner-Sneakers-Puma-WhitePuma-Black-HMLWR.jpg

My current ones. Best runners I've ever had, honestly. They're thicker than my last ones, so they're really cushioned and comfy. No complaints.

Paches

Oct 25, 2017
Brooks Cascadia line is what I go with. Excellent for trail running and double as a good hiking shoe without resorting to boots.

men-s-brooks-cascadia-12-anthracite-blue-8-d-mens-anthracite-blue-b9a7-600.jpg