• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
I used to have a man bun and I was told frequently by people who claimed to hate man buns that it actually looked good on me

heathen earth

Mar 21, 2020
The mullet is eternally the worst, for men and women.

I've also seen a couple women lately with this weird super short bangs thing going on, where it's cut like that almost back to the ears. Looks wack.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Least favourite mens cut : Any that try to be too military/jarhead style and the person is not in the military
Least favourite ladies cut : The one where it looks like they cut around the edges of a bowl high on the forehead. Bangs can look good, but not like that.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Man bun. No, it does in fact not look good on any man no matter how good looking he may otherwise be.

Does this count as a "man bun"

Screen_Shot_2019_05_12_at_11.05.03_PM.0.png

Because if so, your theory is invalid

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The zoomer haircut. Y'all know what it looks like. Sorry, zoomers. You didn't bring anything to the table regarding hairstyles.

komodothefist

Oct 30, 2017
Lotta dudes here ragging on the man bun but I know a lot of ladies who like it. It's not every girl's cup of tea universally, but I'm personally a fan. Longer hair in general looks really nice on guys, I think.

Least favorite hair trend is the short bangs. I have never run into short bangs and thought that they looked nicer than long bangs would have.
911e489a4b5d68b114629ba65611e5f6.jpg

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
5E3A8028-devin-townsend-i-m-not-reforming-strapping-young-lad-but-the-fact-that-people-keep-wanting-me-to-do-it-is-a-huge-honour-image.jpg

The extreme mullet on Devin Townsend was about the worst thing I'd seen hairstyle wise and yet I did grudgingly respect him for rocking that disaster as long as he did.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
Shouldn't we retire the phrase "man bun" at this point? There aren't many ways to style long hair, it's either down, braided, in a pony tail, or a bun. There are more, yeah, but those also have the most utility if you don't want your hair in the way. It also reinforces gendering hair styles. Just call it a bun and move on. You can still dislike buns on men if you like.

SideMatt

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
To annoy you. :)

Anyway this topic is absolutely going to veer into casual misogyny and queerphobia. Like can't wait for the inevitable complaining about AFAB people with pixie cuts like we don't deal with people being dicks about it everyday. Why police people's expression, it's so weird.
Yup yup. Posters definitely showing their asses here.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Why is it a "man bun"? Why isn't it just a ponytail/bun? I have long hair and it only makes sense to tie it back sometimes and I hate the vitriol toward a man pulling his hair back. Like, wtf?

No idea really, but as I know it started in the UK. Though to be fair it didn't start with neo-nazis but with working class and against conservatism, racism came integrated later on. Don't know what's the meaning/signifigance of the shaved head. Those knobs in the picture shaved their heads because of Somali refugees arriving Finland in the early 90's, in addition to POC they also assaulted punks and antifacists (of course).

I thought skinheads originated from the punk scene, not with racist connotations until it was co-opted

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
ITT people hating on every haircut popular in the last decade (and mullets).

Tanerian

Feb 24, 2018
Any variation of straight across the forehead bangs.
Uggh.

Layered bangs are fine, long natural looking bangs are fine. But Bangs that you just cut horizontally straight across with scissors.. stop.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
bangs in general.

most of the time when someone shows a pic of bangs they think will change my mind, it turns out they aren't actually bangs. it's just someone that used to have bangs and grew them out long enough to be able to either part their hair or do something with it.