• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hitme

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't seen one here after a quick search. Creating this thread after getting my new gigabit internet.

1. Use whatever speed testing website.
2. Post your ISP and city/town.

BxdpLiB.png

Sonic (local ISP company), San Francisco.

Show 'em ERA.

AndreGX

GameXplain
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
San Francisco
Sonic, right? They were fantastic. Waze at my new Seattle place isn't quite as consistently speedy, but still pretty decent.

waze.png

Waze, Seattle

Last edited:

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Getting a bit different results on each test site...but I guess I am good though a bit wary.....I have "Gigabit" internet from Windstream in TX

Oh and no data cap.

FGeyCNA.jpg

7IuZFO4.jpg

y1fK00p.jpg

pwKmu9G.jpg

Last edited:

Rice Eater

Oct 26, 2017
Right now I'm living in Lawrenceville, GA which is a suburb of Atlanta and this is what I have

But in 4 days I will be reborn with ATT Fiber and should have 1Mbps down and up because I'm moving to a new Apartment in Peachtree Corners, GA(even closer to ATL) this weekend.

MadMike

Oct 27, 2017
100Mbps down and 10Mbps up. I wish I could get a decent upload speed without paying a ton of money.

Data cap is rough at 1TB. No cable here, so everything is streamed. I have to budget the usage every month to ensure we don't go over.

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
Mine originally was like the OPs but now 5 year later it is 550 mbps up and down, but I don't really notice. Att gigapower.

Indalecio

Oct 27, 2017
8354486465.png

Paying for 50 Mbps down and 10 Mbps up, so not bad. I could get gigabit, but the added cost isn't really worth it to me.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
8354512702.png

It gets the job done, there's no cap at least. The HOA has a contract that includes packages, and they aren't particularly good by today's standards. Costs $60 a month.

Zackat

Oct 25, 2017
I get 100/100 that comes free with my apartment. Gigabit is available but I don't wanna pay it

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
20190620-232633.jpg

Lightning fast compared to my old place (which probably averaged 5 down)! This is a little faster than it usually is, averaging 7-9.

Southern New Mexico. Century Link suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks avoid them if you at all can.

You get it.

Last edited:

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
Verizon DSL baybee

Literally the only thing available (or was available) in my area without resorting to satellite or Dial-up. Nowadays, since their network is apparently at capacity, you can't even get that anymore.
Ah, I've got a 2nd phone line with unlimited 4G hooked up to a router. It's $25 a month and 3mb/s down... They offer faster speeds but $55 is the cheapest :p

NESpowerhouse

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Ah, I've got a 2nd phone line with unlimited 4G hooked up to a router. It's $25 a month and 3mb/s down... They offer faster speeds but $55 is the cheapest :p
Yeah, I believe we're paying around $35 a month for garbage internet. I remember back in the day we were using those Sprint mifi cards up until Sprint stopped supporting them. Boy, those things were TRASH. They were simply not meant for home internet use and would keep overheating. I can't believe I used to play a bunch of Uncharted 2 multiplayer on one of those things.

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
Yeah, I believe we're paying around $35 a month for garbage internet. I remember back in the day we were using those Sprint mifi cards up until Sprint stopped supporting them. Boy, those things were TRASH. They were simply not meant for home internet use and would keep overheating. I can't believe I used to play a bunch of Uncharted 2 multiplayer on one of those things.
yeah this thing works great for online multiplayer it's really just downloading big games that sucks. Doesn't even get hot at all since im not hotspotting but tethering via usb to the router.