• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 28, 2020
Had the carpet fitted today...

52208783937_35c37ff539_c.jpg

And put tv unit together ... think my face is going to melt sitting that close to my tv but hopefully it's ok haha

52210272795_80a6bdfb76_c.jpg
Cozy space. What was the space originally?

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
And put tv unit together ... think my face is going to melt sitting that close to my tv but hopefully it's ok haha

What size is your TV? From the shot, I think I sit just a little further back from my 55", and I'm estimating that's about what will fit in your unit there. If it's that size or smaller, I think you'll be just fine.

Annie85x

Mar 12, 2020
What size is your TV? From the shot, I think I sit just a little further back from my 55", and I'm estimating that's about what will fit in your unit there. If it's that size or smaller, I think you'll be just fine.

It's 55" too 😁 was thinking if I can set it as far back in there as possible and put my chair more in the corner it might be kinder on my eyes.

Aztechnology

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Desk is a little messy right now between projects I'm working on. So need to clean it. Just got the C1 to use as a monitor the other day. It's been awesome with windows 11 finally installed.

IMG_2351.jpg

Not pictured is my Herman Miller Aeron I got for $60!!! It's held up great. I basically stole it. The desk is an 8ft birch plank I stained walnut and the traditional IKEA Alex's on both sides.
CAEE97E0-B87D-42F6-95E7-25FFFFBD362D_43.jpeg

Last edited:

PJTierney

Social Media Manager • EA SPORTS WRC
Verified
Mar 28, 2021
Warwick, UK
Few pics of mine:

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

• The building is a former warehouse/factory (hence the beam and tall ceilings) that was converted to flats about 10 years ago. Was completely unfurnished when I moved in in 2019.

• All the flag-based artwork on the walls is my own design.

• I don't game on PC (outside of the specific content I need to create for work) so the desk is primarily for my job and personal projects as I WFH.

• To the left of my desk are 2 PCs (one personal, one for work) and an Xbox Series X. The Xbox has a HDMI switcher and 5m of cabling under the carpet to go all the way across the flat to the TV, or switch directly to the race rig when I want to drive.

• The race rig could (should) be a post on its own as it's a combination of a £2,500 setup on top of a self-designed and built platform costing another £500+ in materials.

Apr 28, 2020
S
Yeah I'm really happy with it.

I've started filling some of the cubes and top bit. Nothings in its final place, just getting an idea of space.

52211969336_d46be87e8b_b.jpg
Almost having a smaller space is better, you don't have to worry about buying a huge TV and can get better quality.
I'm moving into a new space where I am limited to 65" and I'm actually happier than having a huge space and then having to shell out for a 75" or 85" TV.

nny

Oct 25, 2017
Few pics of mine:

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

• The building is a former warehouse/factory (hence the beam and tall ceilings) that was converted to flats about 10 years ago. Was completely unfurnished when I moved in in 2019.

• I don't game on PC (outside of the specific content I need to create for work) so the desk is primarily for my job and personal projects as I WFH.

• To the left of my desk are 2 PCs (one personal, one for work) and an Xbox Series X. The Xbox has a HDMI switcher and 5m of cabling under the carpet to go all the way across the flat to the TV, or switch directly to the race rig when I want to drive.

• The race rig could (should) be a post on its own as it's a combination of a £2,500 setup on top of a self-designed and built platform costing another £500+ in materials.

So…what's your stance on cars: pro or con?

(Beautiful place!)

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Desk is a little messy right now between projects I'm working on. So need to clean it. Just got the C1 to use as a monitor the other day. It's been awesome with windows 11 finally installed.

IMG_2351.jpg

Not pictured is my Herman Miller Aeron I got for $60!!! It's held up great. I basically stole it. The desk is an 8ft birch plank I stained walnut and the traditional IKEA Alex's on both sides.

Crusader Kings Hype!

PJTierney

Verified
Mar 28, 2021
Warwick, UK
Cool place! 😎
What's the purpose of the platform you have your race rig on?
The main thing is that the rig is now on wheels, which makes maintenance a lot easier.

Instead of having to disassemble the rig or crawl into a corner to fix the pedals for example, I can pull the whole thing out and have a lot more space.

The entire platform is also one huge cable management channel, with the power bricks etc. in there too. There's only 3 cables coming out now, the USB, HDMI and power.

Finally, the whole platform is about 30cm off the ground, making it easier to get in and out of.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Few pics of mine:

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

This looks fantastic

My old flat was like this, and I do miss the raised ceilings. They really open up a space

Kompis

Oct 27, 2017
The main thing is that the rig is now on wheels, which makes maintenance a lot easier.

Instead of having to disassemble the rig or crawl into a corner to fix the pedals for example, I can pull the whole thing out and have a lot more space.

The entire platform is also one huge cable management channel, with the power bricks etc. in there too. There's only 3 cables coming out now, the USB, HDMI and power.

Finally, the whole platform is about 30cm off the ground, making it easier to get in and out of.
Thanks, makes sense when you explain it. :-3

I've been spending the last couple of weeks of my vacation remaking my walk in closet to a small home office / PC-gaming space.
Still not 100% complete but i'm getting there!

Before and after shots below:

CJ241yT.jpg

CZYFwGH.jpg

Annie85x

Mar 12, 2020
Few pics of mine:

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

Daaamn this looks awesome 👌

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Few pics of mine:

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

That is just on another level. Absolutely fantastic setup, layout and aesthetic. Adore it very much!

Thanks, makes sense when you explain it. :-3

I've been spending the last couple of weeks of my vacation remaking my walk in closet to a small home office / PC-gaming space.
Still not 100% complete but i'm getting there!

Before and after shots below:

CJ241yT.jpg

CZYFwGH.jpg
This is the same space? Seriously great work. Looks really welcoming now!

Oct 26, 2017
Few pics of mine:

IMG_0127.jpg

WOW! Amazing! I love the racing rig. I am envy.

Yeah I'm really happy with it.

I've started filling some of the cubes and top bit. Nothings in its final place, just getting an idea of space.

52211969336_d46be87e8b_b.jpg

Nice! Looking forward to seeing more pics.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm planning on refurbing the study/office that I use to work from home later this year. When my office closed I just shoved a desk (Ikea Bekant), a couple of monitors and an office chair into the room and now 2 years later I'm feeling that the environment is getting me down.

I'm too ashamed to post a pic of what it looks like at the moment, as the room is a complete mess. I'll be taking inspiration from some of the great desk setups in this thread, so thanks all for sharing!

hachikoma

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just moved, and got the front room with the home theater setup mostly done first (still have more art to hang - all I've got up right now is my big BART map)! All the furniture except the couch is a recent CL/FB marketplace score for cheap - this is the most space I've ever had to myself so I had nowhere near enough stuff to fill it. It's been really fun hunting for things that fit my style within the constraints of a tight budget and what's available used locally.

Angle A:
eUmYoBG.jpg

Angle B:
6FZ8Zol.jpg

Receiver:
Denon S510BT
UST Projector: Vava Chroma
Screen: Vava 120" ALR
2x Front Speakers: JBL LS40
2x Rear Speakers: Kanto Yumi (blue)
Subwoofer: BIC America F12
Cat: Naturally small tabby

My gaming PC is in the next room; I've just run HDMI to the receiver and USB to the coffee table for peripherals. I'm super happy with it, and it feels really cozy. I'm celebrating by hosting a screening of Everything Everywhere All at Once for my friends this weekend!
i'm a huge dork and that's an L-TEK DDR pad in the suspiciously DDR pad-shaped box leaning up against the wall please don't notice it

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
Few pics of mine:

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

Love the whole aesthetic!

Annie85x

Mar 12, 2020
Started coming together more....

A shelf or two will be going above the unit for some more figures and other bits. Sitting this much closer to the tv isn't anywhere near as bad as I feared it'd be!

52217037912_23201d43af_b.jpg

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Anyone have a Series X in a besta? I want to get a new stand because mine is really old, and I want to upgrade some things. Currently I have a 65 TCL, but want to get a 75 in a year. As it is, my Series is sitting behind my TV. Then there are some doors with junk inside and a few shelf with a old 360 and some Wii U things.

Not sure if I want a "3" or "4" wide unit. The 4 would have a seem off center. There are other options that could move the seem, or have 2 seems. Also, ideally I think I want the Xbox vertical? If so, the besta needs the drawer because they allow more standing clearance. Oddly, the doors are only available in a larger size and then the Xbox cannot stand. Or, I can just lay it side way in either setup.

A quick mock, opinions?

nx1siYl.png

PJTierney

Verified
Mar 28, 2021
Warwick, UK
I had my Xbox Series X sat sideways in a Kallax unit before nihilence. It doesn't fit in a 30x30cm box so I took out one of the seams and made essentially a 2 box space so it can vent out one side. Also had an open back for extra airflow.

I've moved the unit so it no longer houses the console but kept the space and use it for display now.

IMG_0141.jpg

Last edited:

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Anyone have a Series X in a besta? I want to get a new stand because mine is really old, and I want to upgrade some things. Currently I have a 65 TCL, but want to get a 75 in a year. As it is, my Series is sitting behind my TV. Then there are some doors with junk inside and a few shelf with a old 360 and some Wii U things.

Not sure if I want a "3" or "4" wide unit. The 4 would have a seem off center. There are other options that could move the seem, or have 2 seems. Also, ideally I think I want the Xbox vertical? If so, the besta needs the drawer because they allow more standing clearance. Oddly, the doors are only available in a larger size and then the Xbox cannot stand. Or, I can just lay it side way in either setup.

A quick mock, opinions?

nx1siYl.png
i have the shorter Besta and a 65" TV. I just have the console to the right of the TV. it also helps that I have the TV on a Standing Mount to prop it higher. maybe you can do the same and have the series x sideways?

pic for reference:
UvljfrI.jpeg

luoapp

Oct 27, 2017

More people should try put it sideways, imo. It gets better ventilation, takes less space.

Annie85x

Mar 12, 2020
Chucked a shelf up and added all the rgb in the world... few bits and bobs to sort out and tidy up but loving it in there ... so good having a dedicated little gaming space again.

52241535030_250efe5802_b.jpg

CubeApple76

Jan 20, 2021
A little but not too bad thankfully. The tv does kick off quite a bit of heat but it's never unbearable or anything!
I was surprised when upgrading to my 4K mini-led TV (that's like 3 times as bright as my old 1080p set), at how much heat the TV actually puts out. Pretty sure it's more than my console/PC!

toad02

Banned
Oct 10, 2018
Few pics of mine:

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

I loved the flags! I see they are no longer available for sale, sadly. I really wanted this one on my wall

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Getting some new shelves tomorrow - will post some pics when I have moved stuff around.

Status
Not open for further replies.