• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Got these in this week. Dirty desk sorry :(

xsp8H9y.jpg

That looks fantastic! Dbrand?

tabris - holy shit that view is amazing.

kanuuna

Oct 26, 2017
Smallish changes on my end since the last thread: sold off some older speakers I had laying around and traded in my 8351A left, right and center speakers for three 8361As. Shifted the placement of the speakers around a little bit, too. Also managed to snag a PS5 at launch, which replaced the PS4 Pro in the living room. Lastly on the living room side of things, I had some acoustic panels (not pictured) and some wave fold curtains in an attempt to deal with some of the reverb inherent to the space. Overall looks and feels a bit more homely now, too. Cabling isn't the prettiest in the world, but that can wait.

oloh214.jpg

oloh213.jpg

oloh212.jpg

On the PC side of things, I managed to get myself a PC with most of the bells and whistles I wanted. No fancy pictures of that one, though. Big upgrade in every department, as my last one was built in 2015.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
We just moved into an older house, and I was able to turn the basement into an official game room with lots of built in shelving for my collection :)

VsqTgqk.jpg

Nice collection!

Based on what appears to be the parameters of your collecting, you are missing:

Atari Lynx
Pokemon Mini
PSP
Vita
Atari 5200
Atari 7800

Deciding which hardware revisions "count" is a tough call and I don't see a clear line you have drawn there so those are the most glaring holes I see.

Out of curiosity, any reason why you have stuck to Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, Atari?

Deleted member 12129

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Nice collection!

Based on what appears to be the parameters of your collecting, you are missing:

Atari Lynx
Pokemon Mini
PSP
Vita
Atari 5200
Atari 7800

Deciding which hardware revisions "count" is a tough call and I don't see a clear line you have drawn there so those are the most glaring holes I see.

Out of curiosity, any reason why you have stuck to Nintendo, Sega, Sony, Microsoft, Atari?

Just the systems and companies I grew up with as a kid, plus some oddities or extras I found interesting.

Deleted member 91227

Feb 4, 2021
nice setup. i think we have the same speakers Energy RC Micro? any plans for atmos?

Yeah they're Energy something. Doubt I'll do an upgrade as we honestly rarely use them to much advantage. I game with a headset pretty much all the time and otherwise mostly only watch cable (mostly sports) in that room and surround sucks for that. I do need to get a new receiver as mine isn't 4k capable and it get issues with sound not working often with optical out from the tv to it. Just waiting for ones with working HDMI 2.1 to hit.

KillerBEA

Oct 26, 2017
Look forward to the day I can have a separate room for my computer/xboxes. Because right now this is in my bedroom.

20210522-133032.jpg

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
My little game corner in my house. It's messy, it's small but it's cozy and I can game lmao.

img_20210522_204820dhkba.jpg
img_20210522_204839h1kgi.jpg
img_20210522_204846tmkwp.jpg

Most other setups in this thread feel crazy luxurous to me (yes, I'm jealous as fuck lol), so this balances stuff out. Plus I bet a lot of members on ERA have setups like these. They, as me, shouldn't be ashamed to post these just as nice-places!

Last edited:

FrankNitty

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Theater is pretty much done. 2 things remaining to do which will be done in the next couple of weeks.
1. Add a popcorn machine
2. Acoustic cloud with fiber optic stars in front of projector screen. This will help with light reflection from screen and serve as acoustic cloud.

--Equipment List--
Projection:
JVC RS3000
Panamorph Paladin DCR anamorphic lens
Stewart Filmscreen: Luxus G2 / Screen Material: Studiotek 130 G4 / Size: 130 inch / Aspect: 2.35:1

Display:
LG OLED 77GX

Rack:
Strong FS 35U rack
Kaleidescape Strato S 12TB
Lumagen Radiance Pro 4444
Xbox Series X
PlayStation 5 Disc Edition
Araknis 110 gigabit switch
Apple TV4K
EERO Pro 6
Oppo UDP-203
Panamax M5400-PM
Lyngdorf MP-60
AudioControl Savoy G4 (LCR & Surrounds)
Outlaw 7000x (height speakers)
Harmony 2400

Speakers:
Fronts - Paradigm Prestige 85F (Midnight Cherry)
Center - Paradigm Prestige 55C (Midnight Cherry, w/ Paradigm matching stand)
Side & Rear Surrounds - 4 x Paradigm Prestige 25S
Atmos/Heights - SVS Prime Elevation x 6
Subwoofers - SVS SB16 Ultra x 2

Seating:
Valencia Verona w/ power headrest

Custom Plaques from Cinesigns
Lightbox poster frame from Glowbox
additional poster frames SnapeZo

Gaming PC:
i9 9900k @ 4.9 Ghz all cores
EVGA 3090 Kingpin @ 2.1Ghz
64gb DDR4 RAM @ 3800 Mhz
Samsung 1TB 970 Pro m.2 drives x 2

Bonus Setup:

LG OLED 77C8
Denon X8500H
Apple TV 4K
Panasonic UB820
Panamax MR4300
Nintendo Switch
Fronts - Paradigm Prestige 15B Midnight Cherry
Center - Paradigm Prestige 45C Midnight Cherry
Subwoofer - SVS SB12
Harmony Elite

6TXtEh3.jpg

0jm3120.jpg

A55jlXy.jpg

zG2DuI5.jpg

WUgx1Wf.jpg

gCvSGEN.jpg

EHGAkpq.jpg

2HNzska.jpg

0wmLvQZ.jpg

F1MAXFX.jpg

1iMT2ad.jpg

p4lpK1o.jpg

etv34TN.jpg

QiTZkUc.jpg

4oqCAlJ.jpg

GoPaEUP.jpg

lIuguGa.jpg

bPejpN1.jpg

ukojcTE.jpg

LK4Wxty.jpg

uV20Cxn.jpg

mw3xVva.jpg

Bonus Setup in living room

19XtsW6.jpg

Venom.

Oct 26, 2017
London
FrankNitty your setup looks great. Clearly you're a fan of the cinema experience, post-covid will you still be going to watch movies or does your theatre room mean you don't feel you have to go again?

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Theater is pretty much done. 2 things remaining to do which will be done in the next couple of weeks.
1. Add a popcorn machine
2. Acoustic cloud with fiber optic stars in front of projector screen. This will help with light reflection from screen and serve as acoustic cloud.

--Equipment List--
Projection:
JVC RS3000
Stewart Filmscreen: Luxus G2 / Screen Material: Studiotek 130 G4 / Size: 130 inch / Aspect: 2.35:1

Display:
LG OLED 77GX

Rack:
Strong FS 35U rack
Xbox Series X
Apple TV4K
EERO Pro 6
Oppo UDP-203
Panamax M5400-PM
Lyngdorf MP-60
Harmony 2400

Speakers:

Seating:

Gaming PC:
64gb DDR4 RAM @ 3800 Mhz

Bonus Setup:

LG OLED 77C8
Denon X8500H
Apple TV 4K
Panasonic UB820
Panamax MR4300
Nintendo Switch
Subwoofer - SVS SB12
Harmony Elite

6TXtEh3.jpg

0jm3120.jpg

A55jlXy.jpg

zG2DuI5.jpg

WUgx1Wf.jpg

gCvSGEN.jpg

EHGAkpq.jpg

2HNzska.jpg

0wmLvQZ.jpg

F1MAXFX.jpg

1iMT2ad.jpg

p4lpK1o.jpg

etv34TN.jpg

QiTZkUc.jpg

4oqCAlJ.jpg

GoPaEUP.jpg

lIuguGa.jpg

bPejpN1.jpg

ukojcTE.jpg

LK4Wxty.jpg

uV20Cxn.jpg

mw3xVva.jpg

19XtsW6.jpg
Really like the set up. :D
But what's up with the black screen on the left of the theater wall?

FrankNitty

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
FrankNitty your setup looks great. Clearly you're a fan of the cinema experience, post-covid will you still be going to watch movies or does your theatre room mean you don't feel you have to go again?

I'll still go but only for specific movies that I don't want to wait on. That's pretty much how I've been doing it for years now though

Really like the set up. :D
But what's up with the black screen on the left of the theater wall?

Black screen? You mean the black out curtain?

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
I'll still go but only for specific movies that I don't want to wait on. That's pretty much how I've been doing it for years now though

Black screen? You mean the black out curtain?
Oh that's for a window? For some reason I thought your set up was basement based. (Been looking at pics on mobile so it's a tad hard to discern some things .)

So I'm in the market for a projector, how do you find the contrast on yours? Do you find any wash out on dark images or grayish instead of black?

Oct 27, 2017
A few months back (before I officially retired the ps4 pro), but set up still essentially the same. I've done some cable management/cleanup in the interim though.

FrankNitty

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Oh that's for a window? For some reason I thought your set up was basement based. (Been looking at pics on mobile so it's a tad hard to discern some things .)

So I'm in the market for a projector, how do you find the contrast on yours? Do you find any wash out on dark images or grayish instead of black?
Yeah in the basement I'm building a gym.

The contrast of my projector is outstanding. It's the highest native contrast projector you can get from JVC. Actually I think it's the highest native contrast projector you can get under 35k. JVC's have the best blacks by far for projectors. Black is black. I wouldn't say it is OLED black but if there is an OLED type projector in lamp based projector it's the RS3000. It's basically the OLED of the projector world, but that unfortunately comes with a price.

I would say if you can swing it, an NX9/RS3000 is the way to go, though that is somewhat unreasonable in most cases for a lot of people, so I would suggest looking at the NX7 or RS2000

Chippewa Barr

Powered by Friendship™
Aug 8, 2020
FrankNitty what are you using for your media collection?

I use Plex but yours looks slightly different, Jellyfin or something?

I didn't see it mentioned in your post, but I recognize those TheTVDB-scraped poster images anywhere lol

Here is my 2021 basement setup:

LNXJ8jK.jpg

cbjWnXG.jpg

My main TV is an LG CX 77" with an XSX and a PS4. I have a storage room directly behind my TV so the majority of the cords are hidden.

PcZZUVh.jpg

My wall of couches are on the other side along with my band posters & autographs

B0jJTmH.jpg

I built some small custom shelves to support Xbox charge stands. The white Ethernet cable is driving me insane but my son is very interested in gaming so I wanted him to have a better connection.

l9pO9di.jpg

9meInM4.jpg

I custom built 3 Xbox themed shelves. Unfortunately the consoles and laptop cover the designs but know they are there :)

gFVn3SE.jpg

bL05j1N.jpg

In between mine and my son's setups are some shelving for miscellaneous figures.

uZ4tc75.jpg

Next is my son's setup with an LG B6 55" with an XSS and a Switch.

opxm9Sl.jpg

Then my daughter has an older Samsung with an XB1X and a Wii U. She's a much more casual gamer so this is all she's after.

U2Uw9t1.jpg

BXD595P.jpg

8XVR59b.jpg

qJFRxlj.jpg

I also made a travel case for my Xbox Series X.I bought new sets of cords and everything so that all I have to do is pack my Xbox, controllers and headset and I'm good to go.

FrankNitty

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
FrankNitty what are you using for your media collection?

I use Plex but yours looks slightly different, Jellyfin or something?

I didn't see it mentioned in your post, but I recognize those TheTVDB-scraped poster images anywhere lol

That's the Kaleidescape. That interface was originally made by them. Everyone else just copied it. It's a great interface though. Nothing like having a wall full of movies to just scroll through.

in the case of Kaleidescape though I can buy a movie from the unit, desktop store, or mobile and and by the time I'm ready to watch it it's already downloaded. So I don't have to do any copying/ripping, transferring etc. the movie is downloaded directly to unit from the mezzanine file.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Yeah in the basement I'm building a gym.

The contrast of my projector is outstanding. It's the highest native contrast projector you can get from JVC. Actually I think it's the highest native contrast projector you can get under 35k. JVC's have the best blacks by far for projectors. Black is black. I wouldn't say it is OLED black but if there is an OLED type projector in lamp based projector it's the RS3000. It's basically the OLED of the projector world, but that unfortunately comes with a price.

I would say if you can swing it, an NX9/RS3000 is the way to go, though that is somewhat unreasonable in most cases for a lot of people, so I would suggest looking at the NX7 or RS2000
Wow those are some nice but pricey projectors.
I'll likely end up with a cheaper one but a grey screen. Sound like a plan for a mid-level home theater?

Oct 26, 2017
1. Add a popcorn machine

--Equipment List--
Projection:
JVC RS3000

Display:
LG OLED 77GX

Rack:
Strong FS 35U rack
Xbox Series X
Apple TV4K
EERO Pro 6
Oppo UDP-203
Panamax M5400-PM
Lyngdorf MP-60
Harmony 2400

Speakers:

Seating:

Gaming PC:
64gb DDR4 RAM @ 3800 Mhz

Bonus Setup:

LG OLED 77C8
Denon X8500H
Apple TV 4K
Panasonic UB820
Panamax MR4300
Nintendo Switch
Subwoofer - SVS SB12
Harmony Elite

6TXtEh3.jpg

0jm3120.jpg

A55jlXy.jpg

zG2DuI5.jpg

WUgx1Wf.jpg

gCvSGEN.jpg

EHGAkpq.jpg

2HNzska.jpg

0wmLvQZ.jpg

F1MAXFX.jpg

1iMT2ad.jpg

p4lpK1o.jpg

etv34TN.jpg

QiTZkUc.jpg

4oqCAlJ.jpg

GoPaEUP.jpg

lIuguGa.jpg

bPejpN1.jpg

ukojcTE.jpg

LK4Wxty.jpg

uV20Cxn.jpg

mw3xVva.jpg

19XtsW6.jpg

Amazing setups! Love the posters and signs.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
What are people using for lighting inside of cabinets and shelving?

Thats a cool look. I have a Govee bar behind my entertainment system but nothing inside the shelves.

Chippewa Barr