• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
Not a lot has changed from 2020

1614226294287764-7.png

1614226297112713-6.png

1614226600231159-0.png

1614226299951695-5.png

It is crazy to put the year 2021 in my Dreamcast. There is a Vita down there too with the Wii-U

1614226302806728-4.png

1614226311218585-1.png

1614226308582702-2.png

1614226305699834-3.png

PopsMaellard

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've been waiting to post in this thread for years now, like pre-ERA, but had pretty terrible living situations in college and then spent a year living with my parents after graduating so it was never in the cards.

Barely making it now, but I'm really happy with what I was able to do finally having my own space.

nmKFzK1_d.webp
pKu2CR8_d.webp

It needs more plants and I'd like to do a gallery wall above the TV, but I'm trying to stay safe with my budget so that's going to have to wait until later this year. I'm also not huge on having a PC that big in my living room, especially with all the other nerd stuff sitting out, but it's my primary system and I couldn't afford to do a micro-ATX build and keep it as beefy.

Some setup notes: PS5, Switch, Quest 2 that's just permanently attached to my PC on the shelves. The Nintendo hardware is functional but all the cables are in an IKEA box under the shelving unit as I don't use them a ton. PC has a RTX 3070/Ryzen 3600. Thrifted Polk speakers and a very old Pioneer receiver I inherited from my parents. I'd like to make it a 5.1 setup at some point but it also wasn't quite in the budget. TV is a 55" VIZIO OLED, which is a bit too small for the space but I'm extremely lucky to have it.

Edit: should also note that the blinds across from the TV are closed semi-permanently and the TV has a slip cover to protect from sun damage, but I wanted the light for the pics.

Last edited:

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas
There was a lot of downtime last week here in Austin due to the weather so I used the opportunity to take some pics of the apartment.

Living room:
MqIBICk.jpg

PC room... his, hers, and the cat's:
TkEEXea.jpg

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
I've been waiting to post in this thread for years now, like pre-ERA, but had pretty terrible living situations in college and then spent a year living with my parents after graduating so it was never in the cards.

Barely making it now, but I'm really happy with what I was able to do finally having my own space.

nmKFzK1_d.webp
pKu2CR8_d.webp

It needs more plants and I'd like to do a gallery wall above the TV, but I'm trying to stay safe with my budget so that's going to have to wait until later this year. I'm also not huge on having a PC that big in my living room, especially with all the other nerd stuff sitting out, but it's my primary system and I couldn't afford to do a micro-ATX build and keep it as beefy.

Some setup notes: PS5, Switch, Quest 2 that's just permanently attached to my PC on the shelves. The Nintendo hardware is functional but all the cables are in an IKEA box under the shelving unit as I don't use them a ton. PC has a RTX 3070/Ryzen 3600. Thrifted Polk speakers and a very old Pioneer receiver I inherited from my parents. I'd like to make it a 5.1 setup at some point but it also wasn't quite in the budget. TV is a 55" VIZIO OLED, which is a bit too small for the space but I'm extremely lucky to have it.

Edit: should also note that the blinds across from the TV are closed semi-permanently and the TV has a slip cover to protect from sun damage, but I wanted the light for the pics.

Love how colorful and cozy it looks like! That pink sofa is absolutely my shit, I need one!

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017

nmKFzK1_d.webp
pKu2CR8_d.webp

This looks so damn cosy. Nice one!

Lace

Oct 27, 2017
tWrdYY3.jpg

Photo from when I got my PS5. Considering upgrading the tv to a 77 inch OLED up from 65. However, I'm worried it will be too big for the space. Never thought I'd have that worry.

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
I think I got my (primary) setup at a place where its okay to share (that and I'm realizing its insanely ridiculous) lol

5Wau6Ql.jpg

yIUsiv1.jpg

too lazy to take off the glass for the photo lol

2wXkqzD.jpg

idk why the lighting looks blue in the pics, it's a reddish-purple irl (it matches the keyboard color more, but even the keyboard colors are off in the pic, more blue than red).

Specs of the system are:

Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master
AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
32gb G.Skill Samsung B-Die Ram
EVGA RTX 3080 XC3 Ultra
1 Samsung 980 Pro SSD 1TB
1 Samsung 970 Evo SSD 1TB
2 Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB
1 SanDisk Ultra 3D 2TB SSD
1 WD Black 7200rpm HDD 1TB

Left to Right, Displays are:

LG 27GL850b 1440p 144hz ips monitor
Wacom Cintiq Pro 24

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
You guys all have such great and cosy set ups, congrats to everyone to be honest

Oct 26, 2017
You guys all have such great and cosy set ups, congrats to everyone to be honest

Agreed. So many great setups; these threads are a great source of inspiration (and a source of my envy of people who are able to manage their cables and dust once in a while!).

I'll repost my setup from the 2020 thread here. I've made a few changes as I've added a 2-channel power amp and a couple of ceiling speakers for a 5.1.2 setup. We're having building work done at the moment so the house is a complete mess and there's even more dust than usual. Once we're finished I'll post the end results!

cLwBL6K.jpg

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Wow, I somehow missed this thread before - very impressed by all the set ups and quite inspiring too!

This is mine atm:
img_20210206_151956d7kiw.jpg

Just re-did my monitors for a vertical setup and wanted to de-clutter everything a bit. Left of the monitors is a Switch that has a 10m cable connected to my TV.

Tokklyym

Oct 28, 2017
I love this thread every year but I think it really outs Era as either otaku or psychopath and nothing ever in between.

Lace

Oct 27, 2017
I love this thread every year but I think it really outs Era as either otaku or psychopath and nothing ever in between.
The otaku comment I can understand, but the psychopath comment seems a bit out of left field. Do you want to provide some examples of what you consider to be a psychopath house?

Red XIII

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NY
not sure if this is the right thread for this.
does anyone know where to buy this cable management thing?

i got two with a whalen tv stand but need two more.

62tmzWX.png

vitacola

May 23, 2018
l.sn.de
not sure if this is the right thread for this.
does anyone know where to buy this cable management thing?

i got two with a whalen tv stand but need two more.

62tmzWX.png
There is thread on Era dedicated to cable management that "spawned" out of this thread:
www.resetera.com

How to do Cable Management |OT| Unravel a New Era of Possibilities

With the holidays now over, many people have probably picked up a new TV and equipment to upgrade their setup. Plus with the new show off your gaming setup thread just launched, it's a perfect time to tackle what seems to be an impossible and ugly mess. Cable management is a task that can be...

Red XIII

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NY
Ok I emailed the company. Maybe I can find something better in the other thread.

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
Love the setups in this thread

Mine is work in progress, still getting everything finished in the new house. The bottom right space will fit a PS5 (when I have one) and on the left there will be a drawer, soundbar will go on the shelf under the TV.

I really wanted to hide all cables so the electricity is coming in from the floor underneath. Theres a tunnel inside the panel for cables to run and the power/internet outlets are behind the xbox.
HOecAlC.jpg

Crowh

Nov 20, 2017
Pretty cool thread! My room is really small so I dont have that much space to work with, but I think the end result was pretty decent! Don't mind the cables please lol

oYjpjKs.jpg

xHOHogO.jpg

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Pretty cool thread! My room is really small so I dont have that much space to work with, but I think the end result was pretty decent! Don't mind the cables please lol

oYjpjKs.jpg

xHOHogO.jpg
Is that a Samsung frame TV, sorry I just love the look of the TV, looks like a frame bezel. Your set-up is very clean

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Woke up this morning about 6am for some silly reason, and decided to really deep clean the house. Scrubbed toilets, scrubbed the tile and the tubs, dusted behind all the TVs and stereo equipment, etc. etc. Finally cleaned up my office a bit - it used to be dedicated to video games and hobbies, but with non-stop WFH, it has also become my designated workspace as well (which equals constant messes). As such, upgraded to an ultrawide and got some updated lighting. Have a ceiling fan coming in a couple months (back order), and need to re-pot some plants that will hang on either side of the TV. But really happy with how everything is right now. Especially proud of the effort I've put into the organization - a spot for everything and everything in its spot.

ehH9Xsa.jpg

BzLm2ex.jpg

fynOtx9.jpg

rWgKE0n.jpg

ndYDvD9.jpg

Last edited:

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
Is that frame from lg?
The "frame" is an image on the TV. That you could be fooled by it, is a testament to OLED's contrast, I suppose.
Aside from using an actual picture frame, I don't think there are any other displays which have the same functionality as Samsung's "The Frame" series, where the TV will automatically display art and adjust its output to match the ambient light if it's on standby and detects someone in the room.

MrBenchmark

Dec 8, 2017
The "frame" is an image on the TV. That you could be fooled by it, is a testament to OLED's contrast, I suppose.
Aside from using an actual picture frame, I don't think there are any other displays which have the same functionality as Samsung's "The Frame" series, where the TV will automatically display art and adjust its output to match the ambient light if it's on standby and detects someone in the room.
Man I'm getting old I thought it was one of those tv frames ha! I have one too that's why I asked.

Antagonisti

Sep 30, 2018
I've been living in my first apartment for half a year now and I love having a setup that feels like my own. Just got the TV last week, 55" is definitely the largest size my TV stand can fit. I'm really happy about how my setup(s) turned out.

Also, the extra monitor for my laptop has been a godsend for schoolwork at home.

Apr 28, 2020
I've been living in my first apartment for half a year now and I love having a setup that feels like my own. Just got the TV last week, 55" is definitely the largest size my TV stand can fit. I'm really happy about how my setup(s) turned out.

Also, the extra monitor for my laptop has been a godsend for schoolwork at home.

Great setup. I like that TV stand and organization a lot!
What soundbar is that? Looks like it fits well with the LG OLED.

Suur Tõll

Oct 26, 2017
Estonia
Woke up this morning about 6am for some silly reason, and decided to really deep clean the house. Scrubbed toilets, scrubbed the tile and the tubs, dusted behind all the TVs and stereo equipment, etc. etc. Finally cleaned up my office a bit - it used to be dedicated to video games and hobbies, but with non-stop WFH, it has also become my designated workspace as well (which equals constant messes). As such, upgraded to an ultrawide and got some updated lighting. Have a ceiling fan coming in a couple months (back order), and need to re-pot some plants that will hang on either side of the TV. But really happy with how everything is right now. Especially proud of the effort I've put into the organization - a spot for everything and everything in its spot.

ehH9Xsa.jpg

BzLm2ex.jpg

fynOtx9.jpg

rWgKE0n.jpg

ndYDvD9.jpg
Really nice, good job! Looks comfy and inviting, yet clean and cared for. Where are the partitions for the controllers and the portables from, by the way?

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Lots of nice looking modern setups. I'll chime in and post my retro PC-oriented home office.

desk_overview.jpg

in detail - left, the 486:

desk_486.jpg

center, the win98/winxp machine;

desk_win98.jpg

right, the 'modern workplace':

desk_mac.jpg

Loving it so far!

Specifics on https://brainbaking.com/post/2021/02/my-retro-desktop-setup/
Oh man, I really like this - great job. Love that you have a GC, too. How big is the monitor above the GameCube and what's the model? Is it a Dell? I have one that looks similar, and is a 27".

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
It's not much, and the cables around the Xbox are a bit messy, but I really enjoy what I currently have.

It's also my first time having my own apartment, so it was nice to have my own space like this. :)

w1NyPZm.jpg

Naner

Oct 27, 2017

Your PS5 setup is really nice, but have a look into leaving it on top of a subwoofer. I'm not sure, but the vibrations might cause some long-term issues with pieces getting loose. At least I've heard not to put subwoofers and computers so close together. Still, visually it's a nice solution for the PS5's size.

Antagonisti

Sep 30, 2018
Your PS5 setup is really nice, but have a look into leaving it on top of a subwoofer. I'm not sure, but the vibrations might cause some long-term issues with pieces getting loose. At least I've heard not to put subwoofers and computers so close together. Still, visually it's a nice solution for the PS5's size.
I'll have to look into that. I had the PS5 in the stand horizontally but felt that airflow was restricted in the back. Also I think it looks nicer standing up. ;)

Naner

Oct 27, 2017
I'll have to look into that. I had the PS5 in the stand horizontally but felt that airflow was restricted in the back. Also I think it looks nicer standing up. ;)
It definitely looks nice and helps with airflow, but I fear that the vibrations might loosen some screws over time and you might have a noisier PS5. But again, I'm not sure, maybe modern electronics don't have such issues anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.