• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
While all these setups are amazing, I want to note two other small things that I'm very envious of:

1. Everyone's ability to tidy up. It took me days to get my setup as clean as it is in my pics above, and it's already a mess again.
  2. Your cameras! Holy cow how do you get the pictures to look so good?! Are you using professional gear or something?
I am a hobbyist photographer, I use Fuji XT3 with a 16mm (very wide angle) lens. If I took ultra wide angle photos with my iPhone, they would have been massively distorted.

sdefresne

Sep 19, 2020
France
Here's my setup. First the living room with PS5, PS4 + PSVR, PS3, Switch, LG C9, Denon AVR for 5.1 setup (still waiting for the rear speaker supports to become available):

cl1oNpi.jpg

The fixture above the TV are not used, but removing them would require plastering and repainting the wall which I cannot do currently, so it will have to wait. I'm still trying to figure out how to light behind the TV while playing (currently using some light on the console below the TV, but not totally satisfied with them).

Also, closing the blind remove all reflections on the TV, so no issue playing during the day.

W0B99F9.jpg

Then, the PC setup (mostly to play MMORPGs while chatting with friends, so just using headset for the sound as otherwise they also head my audio).
zdFtbr1.jpg

Everything is a bit packed because I live in a (relatively) small flat.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
85 inch sony 9505 hooked up to ps5. Simple, but works!
I like it. Only here (and I guess AVSForum) would an 85" TV be considered "simple". :-)

I am a hobbyist photographer, I use Fuji XT3 with a 16mm (very wide angle) lens. If I took ultra wide angle photos with my iPhone, they would have been massively distorted.
The Fuji is APS-C isn't it? 16mm on APS-C is equivalent to 24mm full frame, so while it is wide angle, it's not what I would call "very wide angle" personally. That said, I loved my Sigma 16mm when I was using my Sony APS-C. Now that I'm using full frame I'm deciding between the 16-35 GM (very expensive and large) and the 20mm prime.

Last edited:

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
I like it. Only here (and I guess AVSForum) would an 85" TV be considered "simple". :-)

The Fuji is APS-C isn't it? 16mm on APS-C is equivalent to 24mm full frame, so while it is wide angle, it's not what I would call "very wide angle" personally. That said, I loved my Sigma 16mm when I was using my Sony APS-C. Now that I'm using full frame I'm deciding between the 16-35 GM (very expensive and large) and the 20mm prime.
Yeah its 24mm equivalent, I am assuming I am talking to a novice audience here with regards to photography so 24mm eq while not ultra wide, is still very wide for most purposes. The 16mm 1.4 is my favorite Fuji lens, even though the 35mm eq is my most favorite focal length.

gappvembe

Oct 27, 2017
Wife and I each play our own thing, hence 2 tvs.
There is actually a couch there that spans the width of the tvs, about where the blue chair is (middle of the room).

ofT4MaS.jpg

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Yeah its 24mm equivalent, I am assuming I am talking to a novice audience here with regards to photography so 24mm eq while not ultra wide, is still very wide for most purposes. The 16mm 1.4 is my favorite Fuji lens, even though the 35mm eq is my most favorite focal length.
No worries... it's always cool when our other hobbies intersect. I'm also a hobby photographer, mainly taking photos of my family vacations (when we could travel) and kids sports. I regret selling my 16mm 1.4 sometimes since I've now given my son my old APS-C body. I also find 35mm my favourite focal length, and my 35mm 1.8 has been my most used lens this year.

Haint

Banned
Oct 14, 2018
Here's my setup. First the living room with PS5, PS4 + PSVR, PS3, Switch, LG C9, Denon AVR for 5.1 setup (still waiting for the rear speaker supports to become available):

cl1oNpi.jpg

The fixture above the TV are not used, but removing them would require plastering and repainting the wall which I cannot do currently, so it will have to wait. I'm still trying to figure out how to light behind the TV while playing (currently using some light on the console below the TV, but not totally satisfied with them).

Also, closing the blind remove all reflections on the TV, so no issue playing during the day.

W0B99F9.jpg

Then, the PC setup (mostly to play MMORPGs while chatting with friends, so just using headset for the sound as otherwise they also head my audio).
zdFtbr1.jpg

Great looking place. The large disused coffee table is likely significantly degrading what appears to be an excellent audio system though. You should try removing it entirely and placing a large thick area rug there.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
Custom loop, 3 Phillips Hue bars, VIVE Pro and a view. Got a Thrustmaster T300RS recently and my brother just gifted me a Corsair T3 chair so it's even better.

image8woj22.png

image10n8krq.png

image9yij28.png

Excellent. I love setups in front of an open view. I have always been lucky to have the same thing and I'm imagining eventually not being able to have it and it upsets me.
I just recently got a Logitech G29 wheel. It's my first wheel, and I've been trying really hard not to get discouraged and stop, because I'm REALLY bad with the wheel.

Great setup, btw.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I just recently got a Logitech G29 wheel. It's my first wheel, and I've been trying really hard not to get discouraged and stop, because I'm REALLY bad with the wheel.

Great setup, btw.

Thanks!

As for the wheel: make sure to take the time to calibrate and play with dead zone and other settings in games if you haven't already. I haven't had a wheel in like 15 years - since getting this and quickly getting used to it there was significant improvement in my racing performance regardless of game (PC2, PC3, Assetto Corsa Competizione, FH4, Dirt 5). So much better with the increased accuracy, sensitivity, responsiveness and overall control.

bluestuff

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary AB
Here is my condo setup.
PS5, Switch, Paradigm monitor 5.1, Marantz SR5011, LG C8, Logitech Harmony.
tNDDq9u.jpg

vkkZb3K.jpg

8HLvDtU.jpg

Hooked up to my PC as well with a shiny new RTX 3080. Still unsure about the best LED scheme for my PC.
XE3lr7e.jpg

nrX4nCh.jpg

B1jMbMK.jpg

n2QOHkn.jpg

Subnats

One Winged Slayer
Nov 13, 2017
Ireland
Haven't changed up my setup too drastically since last year. Moved a handful of things around and but it definitely still doesn't compare to most of the others in the thread. My photography skill haven't improved too much so apologies for the poor image quality.

lL43Prx.jpg

Here's the main setup in full. Yes that is an ethernet cable going through the door.

moJy1aa.jpg

Close up view of my PC & CRT Monitor. Upgraded to a Razer headset and added the Game & Watch which looks really nice.

d5XzFxc.jpg

Here's my console setup ( PSTV, Steam Link, Switch, PS3, Wii U, & 360). Shelved the Raspberry Pi and Wii since I never really used them and had to move the PS4 cause it randomly decided to stop working with my monitor. Gave me a bunch more room to keep my controllers though.

WVQ0bET.jpg

Shelf for most of my handhelds, controllers and games. Changed it from having separate PlayStation and Nintendo Handheld/Controller shelves to having just one handheld and one controller shelf. Also added a few more games along with an 8bitdo M30, a "new" 2DS XL & another Gameboy Macro along with a bit of Marxism hiding Fire Emblem Fates and a boxed Dreamcast Controller.

ammR6xT.jpg

The cosy bedside setup is now dedicated to the PS4. Also picked up a controller with asymmetrical sticks for more comfortable gaming. This does make using the PSVR a bit of a pain though.

Jan 29, 2018
Haven't changed up my setup too drastically since last year. Moved a handful of things around and but it definitely still doesn't compare to most of the others in the thread. My photography skill haven't improved too much so apologies for the poor image quality.

lL43Prx.jpg

Here's the main setup in full. Yes that is an ethernet cable going through the door.

Yo those top two shelves look like they're about to give! Cool collection.

sixteen-bit

Oct 30, 2017

lL43Prx.jpg

moJy1aa.jpg

Close up view of my PC & CRT Monitor. Upgraded to a Razer headset and added the Game & Watch which looks really nice.

d5XzFxc.jpg

Here's my console setup ( PSTV, Steam Link, Switch, PS3, Wii U, & 360). Shelved the Raspberry Pi and Wii since I never really used them and had to move the PS4 cause it randomly decided to stop working with my monitor. Gave me a bunch more room to keep my controllers though.

WVQ0bET.jpg

Shelf for most of my handhelds, controllers and games. Changed it from having separate PlayStation and Nintendo Handheld/Controller shelves to having just one handheld and one controller shelf. Also added a few more games along with an 8bitdo M30, a "new" 2DS XL & another Gameboy Macro along with a bit of Marxism hiding Fire Emblem Fates and a boxed Dreamcast Controller.

ammR6xT.jpg

The cosy bedside setup is now dedicated to the PS4. Also picked up a controller with asymmetrical sticks for more comfortable gaming. This does make using the PSVR a bit of a pain though.
CRT gang represent!

Dinoric

Oct 28, 2017
LG CX 77"; Sonos Arc; West Elm Media Console. The PS5 is so huge that I couldn't fit it on my bookshelf and wanted the console to be free of anything but the soundbar...so I've got it as a pseudo cable hider lmao

IMG-0084.jpg

---

Zoomed out view; our office is to the left of our Living room area. We're in a 1BDRM apartment and both working from home:
IMG-0089.jpg

---

Here's my desk (cable management needs a bit of work):
IMG-0091.jpg

---

Bonus: Because we have a big walk-in closet, we put our dresser in there and put another office space where our dresser would usually go at the front of our bedroom, in case we both have meetings at the same time:

IMG-0098.jpg

IMG-0101.jpg
Some nice looking pictures. How far is your viewing distance from your LG CX 77?

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
Ordered a new 3821DW Alienware ultrawide monitor. Arrived a week ago, pumped to replace my old 1440p 27". Take out the unit, set it up on my monitor arm, throw away the trash and as I'm moving around my tools and putting things away, I begin cleaning out a drawer.

Then another.

Then my closet.

Have spent a week organizing all the things you'd never see in setup pics, lol.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
Finally got around to doing the stuff I wanted to do in regards to cable management, placement of stuff, etc. now that my WFH stuff is back in my regular office. Been wanting to post the setup ever since I got into PC gaming in November; here's how it's going to look for the rest of the year while I'm in the current house I live in (hoping to move around the end of the year). I won't show my TV setup, since it has become an atrocious mess of cables that I don't want to fix, and I only use it for Ring Fit anyway at this point.

Imgur album link: here

Here's how it looks during the day:

LFRZpxl.jpg

uTPyYl6.jpg

Some notes:
  • I use an iPad as a pseudo "second screen"; I use it for Discord text chat/FB Messenger while I'm playing games, looking stuff up while gaming, etc., and my keyboard (Logitech K780) is very useful to keep the iPad propped up and also being able to switch the keyboard to it on the fly. Doing it this way breathed some real life into an iPad that I previously almost never used aside from the occasional Netflix binge session on my bed.
  • The speakers are the Audioengine A1's, rather than the A2's that seem to crop up most often. I actually like these speakers a lot and they're a huge upgrade over my previous speakers, which were a ~10 year old set of Logitech Z313's that sounded pretty bad in comparison to these. The subwoofer was not particularly helpful for those speakers either, whereas I've not felt a pressing need for a sub with these (though I would certainly appreciate one).
  • Aside from the cables you see directly behind the PC (which I can't do much about since the PC is under the desk and the cables are routed upwards to a raceway under the desk) and the cables leading to the power bricks underneath the desk, the cables are managed so that they're difficult to see unless you bend down and either look from the side or go underneath the wood pieces that are under the desk, which help hide said cables from regular viewing. If I were to take pictures of the actual cable management, it wouldn't look particularly neat, but it works well enough for what I need it to do, and that's all that matters to me.

Random shelf at the back of the room with some amiibos and both Bayonetta artbooks:

W86liCT.jpg

At night, I adjust my ceiling fan's light color as well as turn on the LED's behind the desk and monitor, and here's what it looks like when I'm chilling/gaming at night:

XzElS5e.jpg

L1h4aon.jpg

Behind the desk, I had to go with red lights specifically because of the accent wall, which is both red and in a eggshell/satin finish; other colors don't play very nicely with it at all, since the LED's on that side of the wall basically reflect off of the higher sheen of paint if they aren't red, making it look super ugly. When I move somewhere else, ideally I'd put this desk in an area where both walls are flat white so I can play around with other color schemes freely.

The PC (i7-10700K, 2070 Super, 16GB RAM):

pkMnbBs.jpg

I was relatively new to the specifics of PC hardware, so I didn't want to build a PC by myself as my first go around, and my friends couldn't find parts for me to help me build one either, so I decided to go with a custom build instead so I could get advice from my friends on parts for the build, then be able to make upgrades myself until I eventually need to build a new rig. I ended up at CyberPowerPC after a lot of searching, and after I went through the parts with my friends, they recommended the build shown here (and noted the price of the parts was actually really good overall). The PSU unfortunately failed a month in (though thankfully it didn't take any other components with it), but after replacing the unit, it's been doing very well for me. However, CPPC's customer service experience when dealing with the faulty part was not particularly great, so I'd be hard pressed to recommend them overall.

I don't want to make any further upgrades to this setup at this point in time; I'm perfectly satisfied with where everything is at now, and wouldn't want to make sweeping changes until I move anyway. I may consider getting a subwoofer for the speakers at some point, but that won't be until much, much later.

Last edited:

GamerJM

Nov 8, 2017

lL43Prx.jpg

moJy1aa.jpg

d5XzFxc.jpg

WVQ0bET.jpg

ammR6xT.jpg

This is godlike. So much closer to my kind of setup than the clean sleek minimalist setups with giant 4K TVs in this thread lol (no hate, just not what I want). Plus communist manifest proudly on display.

froday

Jul 29, 2018
Aw man, I sometimes think about playing old PC games on proper builds. Seems like a fun hobby, and I'm sure there are still small online communities keeping old games alive.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
enhance

enhance

Pictured:
  • 55' Sony X900H with 2 Philips Hue Play Light Bars attached to the back
  • PlayStation 5 with Pulse Elite Headset
  • PS5 Charging Station located inside the cabinet
  • IKEA Lack TV Stand
  • PlayStation LED lights from Target
Have a Switch too but it's located upstairs in the living room since I share it with my siblings

Last edited:

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Little messy and bad camera quality, but here is my updated setup from last year.

Desk is a little spaghetti wired right now. Been playing a lot of Saturn and PS2 lately so I have them on top of the desk and kind of made a mess of my Switch games I keep on the desk.
8a2H4iL.jpg

Shelves on the left I keep my PS1, PC Engine, Neo Geo CD and Dreamcast games. On the Right my GB, DS, 3DS, NES, Wii, GC, Wii U, N64.
ejGWapk.jpg

Last time there was a bunch of random collectable boxes and stuff here, but I cleared that out and bought some dvd shelves and went hard into PS2 collecting. So here is my PS2, JP PS2, JP PS1 and Xbox stuff with my NES and SNES manuals on top.
aR7HaNe.jpg

Middle shelf is 360, PS3, 3DO, Lynx, 2600, 2700, Intellivision, SNES, PC and GamePro, EGM magazines.
2gZ9iCt.jpg

NES boxes with manuals, SNES Boxes with manuals. The NES and SNES boxes on the PS2 shelf are for the ones I don't have boxes for. Also some system boxes.
W24Gptr.jpg

Genesis, Master System and 32x.
jACAnBW.jpg

Saturn, Sega CD, JP Saturn and Mega CD games.
JhBnRMt.jpg

StarsTurnCold

Avenger
Apr 30, 2018

cl1oNpi.jpg

W0B99F9.jpg

zdFtbr1.jpg

Beautiful setup. What tv stand do you there?

Little messy and bad camera quality, but here is my updated setup from last year.

Desk is a little spaghetti wired right now. Been playing a lot of Saturn and PS2 lately so I have them on top of the desk and kind of made a mess of my Switch games I keep on the desk.
8a2H4iL.jpg

Shelves on the left I keep my PS1, PC Engine, Neo Geo CD and Dreamcast games. On the Right my GB, DS, 3DS, NES, Wii, GC, Wii U, N64.
ejGWapk.jpg

Last time there was a bunch of random collectable boxes and stuff here, but I cleared that out and bought some dvd shelves and went hard into PS2 collecting. So here is my PS2, JP PS2, JP PS1 and Xbox stuff with my NES and SNES manuals on top.
aR7HaNe.jpg

Middle shelf is 360, PS3, 3DO, Lynx, 2600, 2700, Intellivision, SNES, PC and GamePro, EGM magazines.
2gZ9iCt.jpg

NES boxes with manuals, SNES Boxes with manuals. The NES and SNES boxes on the PS2 shelf are for the ones I don't have boxes for. Also some system boxes.
W24Gptr.jpg

Genesis, Master System and 32x.
jACAnBW.jpg

Saturn, Sega CD, JP Saturn and Mega CD games.
JhBnRMt.jpg

Loving all the collectibles, especially the Marvel ones! Where did you get those Marvel statues?

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Beautiful setup. What tv stand do you there?

Loving all the collectibles, especially the Marvel ones! Where did you get those Marvel statues?

The Mysterio and Electro are from XM Studios the M.O.D.O.K. is from Bowen and the Deadpool is from The Good Smile Company. There are more that I want, but running out of room for them.

Would love this but it's so massive.
sanitycolour_009.jpg

Or this from Iron Studios.
sentinel-1dlx.jpg.webp

Last edited:

StarsTurnCold

Avenger
Apr 30, 2018
The Mysterio and Electro are from XM Studios the M.O.D.O.K. is from Bowen and the Deadpool is from The Good Smile Company. There are more that I want, but running out of room for them.

Would love this but it's so massive.
sanitycolour_009.jpg

Or this from Iron Studios.
sentinel-1dlx.jpg.webp

Thanks and wow those are incredible!! Gonna have to sneak them into my budget somehow...

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Here's my setup. I didn't realize the iPhone 11 Pro ultrawide camera quality was so bad indoors. Sorry for the blurriness.

aiqWnVZ.jpg

Stuff:
  • 2018 TCL 6 Series
  • Cheapo Samsung sound-bar
  • PS5 facing sideways -- only way to make this ugly console not look so bad
  • Pulse 3D headset
  • Logitech Harmony Hub
  • Nintendo Switch Lite in case
  • iPad with Smart Keyboard

z7a4TMP.jpg

Stuff:
  • 2020 MacBook Pro (Work)
  • Dell U3419W (Work) - this thing is a game changer for productivity. I wish I had one when I was working in consulting. I will be very sad when I have to give this back to the company.
  • Bose QC35 II
  • Asus AX58U / AX3000
  • Logitech Anywhere MX 3 - work sent me an Apple Magic Mouse which I used for 3 seconds and immediately put away
  • Logitech K380 - work sent me an Apple Magic Keyboard but I hate that it pairs to only a single device. I also like the orange pop the K380 gives my desk.
  • AirPods
  • 49th Parallel Coffee mug

Marnie

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
Current setup:

2019 TCL 6 series
Series X
PS4
PS3
The various handhelds in the middle lower shelf are a 2DS, Vita, 3DS, Switch Lite, and a DS Lite
Once I get the PS5 and a new home theater system, PS3 will probably go into the closet and the 4 will be sold

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Even though this is mostly gaming desk/living room setups in the thread, would anyone have any decent bedroom furniture recommendations for a 50in TV and PS5?

spidye

Oct 28, 2017
Some absolutely beautiful setups in here. I like my setup from a tech point of view. But it's nowhere near as beautiful and clean as some others in here. My space is pretty limited though as I live in a 2 bedroom granny flat and have 2 kids on weekends and throughout the week. But here's what's currently setup.

Starting with the kids room, the first image is from January 2020 after they got their new TVs and recliners for christmas. Oh and their Switch Lites.
icOCeNZ.jpg

I am not trying to tell you how to raise your children but please seriously reconsider the viewing distance for your children (especially in that age) as this distance is much likely too close to the screen and thus can induce myopia (especially if you or/and the mother are myopic)

great set up though :)

Last edited:

Soi-Fong

Oct 29, 2017
Illinois
Here's my current setup. Just moved into the new house in November so we're still trying to get setup.

Bonus points if you recognize the guitar. ;)

qj9daLx.jpg

Suur Tõll

Oct 26, 2017
Estonia
Some pictures of my humble living room corner. It is a mixture of outdated and modern (as is appropriate for a 41-year-old dad of two in a small inner city apartment).

0098kv9.jpg

01aoklm.jpeg

02akjs9.jpg

04j4kf8.jpg

05dnjnn.jpg

03nika1.jpg

All my other retro consoles, games and other physical objects are stashed away in sundry drawers, cupboards and shelves, to be excavated and extracted as necessary. It's perhaps not ideal, but it is a liveable compromise - and I'm all about compromises as a 41-year-old dad of two in a small inner city apartment. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.