• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ericksakti

Dec 24, 2020
If it's just speakers, it's really just speaker lines and the speakers mounted into the ceiling. It's not really much of a hassle to replace the speaker or wiring. For the speaker, you just undo it and replace it. For the wiring which is unlikely to be a problem, all you would do is attach the new wire to the end of the current one and pull it through.

Oh okay yea I think thats actually quite doable, maybe something to consider for my next setup, do you get better surround sound by planting it on the ceiling or just better aesthetic?

Venom.

Oct 26, 2017
London
Here is my setup (living room and office) as of Jan 2021. Due to the bad weather, I've [/B]only taken photos during night. I'll update for a day view later on. There's 1 issue: I need to fix up the dry wall and fix the placement of the TV as the LG CX sits differently than my last TV, but we're going to upgrade to a nicer place this upcoming year so may just wait:

Here is what my day view looks like (will replace with up to date picture since I've removed carpet and gotten all the new electronics in a week):

iR3Hj6G.jpg

What an incredible view. What city is that and do you have electronic blinds for day use of the TV?

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
aQwo0DK.png

da6sVZm.png

Bedroom desk setup.

27" Acer/Predator monitors. 55" LG CX on a rotatable stand (let's me face it towards my bed which is directly in front of the TV).

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So just a bunch of rich people flexing their wealth, while there is a pandemic going on. cool thread, really well thought out while people are barely surviving.
I've been laughing way too hard at this. Imagine being this salty and pathetic in life that all you can do is deflect other people's happiness and try to bring them down.

Keep on flexing your awesome setups folks. The hard work and dedication you put into making them happen deserves to be shared and appreciated by others

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Robot vacuums suck in my experience - mine got stuck everywhere. I bought the Dyson V11 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner and absolutely love it. Takes me less than 5 mins to take it out and give living room / kitchen a quick vacuum. It's super convenient and lightweight:

dyson-stick-vacuums-322806-01-fa_600.jpg
+1 on a Dyson. I didn't have luck with robot vacuums and returned mine. It didn't suit the layout of my parents house. I've never hated vacuuming but I've always hated how weak vacuums can be and hated disposing of the dust bag. I finally convinced my fiancee to let me buy a v10 when it was on sale this last month and it's been a godsend. My parents who were always against me spending a lot on a vacuum can see and appreciate the difference and now want me to get them one as well.

I'd say go for a Dyson or something that it just as convenient and powerful. It's so easy to use and put away. You can either disassemble it or hang it on a wall. I put the hanging mount inside a tall cupboard and just open it and hang it in there. No cord or fuss to worry about because the charging cord is in the cupboard connected to the mount

jediyoshi

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, so it's like in a hotel :D But isn't it annoying with classical fridge noises in the bedroom? I lived in a 1-room-appartment a while ago and I hated that the kitchen was next to the bed.
Yeah it's not great to be honest, I wouldn't recommend it for most people. Fortunately I usually have my headset on or speakers playing to drown it out. I also switch it off at night since it's just drinks in there.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
Hey guys, maybe off topic. But i'm starting 2021 fresh and i'm planning on creating a cool new entertainment set.

I'm looking at the Ikea besta series, anyone have experiences with this? My country is in lockdown so i cant actually see it in person. Are the shelves of high quality for example? Got a tv cabinet a very long time ago and that sounded "hollow" when you knocked on it. Is that also the case with the shelves inside the besta?

Thanks for helping!

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Really like the unit you've got. Is that Ikea? Looking to swap out my Kallax shelves with something that looks a bit cleaner.
Standard Besta with a glass top
www.ikea.com

BESTÅ TV unit with doors, white/Lappviken white, 707/8x161/2x15" - IKEA

BESTÅ TV unit with doors, white/Lappviken white, 707/8x161/2x15" It’s not only the TV that’s smart! BESTÅ TV units combine contemporary good looks with practical function. You get lots of storage space and relief from cables that tend to get messy and gather dust.

Apr 3, 2018

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
Standard Besta with a glass top
www.ikea.com

BESTÅ TV unit with doors, white/Lappviken white, 707/8x161/2x15" - IKEA

BESTÅ TV unit with doors, white/Lappviken white, 707/8x161/2x15" It’s not only the TV that’s smart! BESTÅ TV units combine contemporary good looks with practical function. You get lots of storage space and relief from cables that tend to get messy and gather dust.
Hey im shopping for a good tv cabinet is the ikea besta any good? Is it wobbely and how is the quality of the shelves inside? (Are they give a hollow sound when you knock on them?)

Would really appreciate your help

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Hey im shopping for a good tv cabinet is the ikea besta any good? Is it wobbely and how is the quality of the shelves inside? (Are they give a hollow sound when you knock on them?)

Would really appreciate your help
The thing itself is sturdy. The shelves are standard chipboard and also solid enough.... I don't have/use them so cannot tell you what they sound like. 😉

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Well, the setup remains the same as the end of last year, so I'll just post a picture of it from then cause that's when it was last picture ready.

EnzWTb0XYAEgVlY

At the moment, I'm in a single room so I've got everything hooked up there. Got my main gaming rig hooked up here, as well as PS4 and PS5 and a Switch. Everything is hooked up to a capture card for when I'm not lazy and do streaming or whatever else have you. Given the small space I've got, I worked hard to optimize the hell out of it and I think I did a pretty solid job.

Don't look behind the desk, though. That's a fucking nightmare.

BloodshotX

Jan 25, 2018
The thing itself is sturdy. The shelves are standard chipboard and also solid enough.... I don't have/use them so cannot tell you what they sound like. 😉
Had a tv cabinet in the past and the disk drive vibrations of my xbox 360 caused resonance type of sound. So im kinda OCDing when shopping for a new tv cabinet.

But thanks for the info 🙂

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
My little cave. LG 48CX OLED, PS5, Series X, Switch, PS4 (for comparison stuff). PC (R5 3600, RTX 3080), work laptop, homepod Mini. Tried to make it as clean as I could, but there's some drawbacks to living in rented accommodation. The cabinet next to my desk contains my Lego Dimensions collection, press kits and "games biz trinkets", as well as the random stuff I've bought/received over the years. Hidden right at the back is a 500m PS4 Pro that I'm really not sure what to do with at this point! Chair is an old Cineworld chair that I salvaged from an old one that was being shut down. I use a Turtle Beach TAC and some wired headphones, as well as a Stream Deck next to the chair to control bits on the PC. Also love my Tom Whalen and Olly Moss prints which are everywhere :D

M6tuNWd.jpg

Qy5kxcJ.jpg

pk0zVda.jpg

(The cables next to the Series X are from the Series S which is currently in my living room)
1At2KL1.jpg

ijZdrjU.jpg

AAsW09f.jpg

0whqQxw.jpg

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
Do y'all opt out on surround sound systems for a cleaner look? I've thought about ditching my old surround sound so I don't have wires running across the room.

LordofPwn

Oct 27, 2017
no pics cause still a work in progress.
My living room has: a 65" Sony A8H that will hang above my fireplace once i get that finished. PS5, Xbox Series X, and Nintendo Switch. Klipsch R-15PM monitors on stands for audio. Using Philips Fidelio X2HR headphones for 3D Audio and party/game chat and also use in my office.

My Office: White PS4 Pro, Behringer Q1202 USB Mixer, Audio Technica AT2020 mic, Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, and for a monitor i'm using a BenQ SW271. then i also have a 2019 Mac Pro with dual LG 24MD4KLs and Yamaha NX-50 Speakers and an ipad pro and a cat bed. O and I'm using a black Vertagear PL6000 for a chair.

bdiddy82

Nov 5, 2018
Do y'all opt out on surround sound systems for a cleaner look? I've thought about ditching my old surround sound so I don't have wires running across the room.

Unless you want a full Atmos system with built in ceiling/rears, a good Atmos soundbar will do the trick if cleanliness and space is a major concern.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
I ran my surround speaker wires in my wall so they don't show. I'll need to take an updated photo of my setup now that I've rearranged it for the PS5 and XSX.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni

I have the cables covered with some padding that matches the color of the wall so it is barely noticeable - if you look at the photo I posted earlier with the sofa set you can see the two speakers in the top right and left.

There is also a subwoofer behind the sofa so it is hidden and then I have the soundbar on the tv bench

I wanna go 7.1 in the future or whatever is the best about the time I go upgrade which probably won't be until 2022 or 2023

Psyrgery

Nov 7, 2017
Here's my setup, it's all IKEA furniture. There are two laptops and an HTPC pc (which was the most powerful hardware until the Series X and PS5 came home) tried to keep it as clean as possible but there are still some wires hanging

Deleted member 2379

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's rather funny how you can generally tell the age of the person and if they have kids or not by the photo. If the poster has a significant other is a crap shoot, but many of these setups will only last until they are taken over by others.

Last edited:

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Where are these pictures from? I love them
They're all limited prints from Olly Moss - He used to do fairly regular drops on his site, but hasn't done for a while. I've got the Zelda ones he did, then 2018 Games of the Year, a set of "Heroes" (Aerith, Cloud, Snake x2, Ico), Breaking Bad, Guardians and Squirtle (the start of the obsession!)

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
Just rearranged my condo because of work-from-home and made this little nook. Need to do wires yet, but just hooked up the PS5 and need to rearrange some outlets this week some time. Loving it. Kitty sleeps in that face whenever I play. It's adorbs. Side TV pretty much only for streaming stuff while I play at times, but has an X1X on it now that I upgraded.

slVpdjL.jpg
hkAY0eJ.jpg
TPZsi3K.jpg
VxzTybl.jpg

Working_Stiff

Jan 1, 2018
It's rather funny how you can generally tell the age of the person and if they have kids or not by the photo. If the poster has a significant other is a crap shoot, but many of these setups will only last until they are taken over by others.
I had to lock my game room when my critters were younger. Fortunately they are out of the ma destruction phase.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
mGLIkGq.jpg

Welcome to the annual Post Your Gaming Setup thread. A tradition started over 10 years ago - from one legacy forum to the next. Post your gaming setups, living rooms, game collections, office setups, PC setups, furniture choices, any other home designs, and portable setups. This thread can be used for anything you want to post related to where you game or where you live. It's essentially ResetEra Cribs edition. Brag and compliment - no negative statements around someone's setup unless they are asking for critical feedback.

Here is my setup (living room and office) as of Jan 2021. Due to the bad weather, I've
only taken photos during night. I'll update for a day view later on. There's 1 issue: I need to fix up the dry wall and fix the placement of the TV as the LG CX sits differently than my last TV, but we're going to upgrade to a nicer place this upcoming year so may just wait:

U2BBBON.jpg

KvH21em.jpg

There's video game artwork in my hallway:

sQI04yu.jpg

And here is the layout of the next gen consoles which are a bit ugly horizontal (as well as the slightly visible HDMI / power recess that I need to fix):

rMVCYmR.jpg
Well I found the guy excited about the white PS5! LOL

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
I need this! Where can I buy it? I'm a bit worried my cats will be too big for it but it's soo cute.
Funny story. Bought it at PetSmart like 4 years ago. She went nowhere near it for two years. Worst $40 spent ever. Then she's on my lap one day and was like "I MUST BE THERE NOW!" Now she practically lives in it. Best $40 spent ever.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
This might be an extremely dumb question. But what is with the lights behind the TVs that a lot of people have? Like the neon purple or bright green? It looks cool, just never thought of doing that. Is it distracting when playing? And what kind of light is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.