• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
We just got it at Christmas. So we have central air so we don't use it for cooling, it's actually used for the air purifier element and I love the auto-monitoring and turn on nature of it. I feel like we have better air quality since. I see it activate on obvious air pollutants like when I just cook.

thanks. my room has quite a bit of temperature fluctuation (can get freezing in the winter and very hot in the summer) and the central air does nothing to help. i haven't seen any other units that serve as an all in one, so if it's competent in all three areas i guess it is worth the price

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
wSfBbcF.jpg

Damn dude, your set up is awesome.

Btw, the Link, Mega Man, Sonic and SMB3 Mario....are those models or something? What are they and where can I get them?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
The plan is to move all the games upstairs to the current game room & move the pool table downstairs to the current dining room (also to get a 4K TV for the media room). But for now, here's what we have.

pLKebe5.jpg

Q4tSJzI.jpg

This room will eventually become a workout room, for which I'll likely need to buy a second Switch dock for Ring Fit Adventure proposes.

Last edited:

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
I play just everything in this except i got my ps5 in the living room.

74441624-1544729595669161-2659032201621929984-o.jpg

Rylen

Feb 5, 2019
Only posting the most recent change in my setup. My setup is expecting a major overhaul this year assuming AV Receivers get their shit in order with HDMI 2.1.

eXXpChWh.jpg

Also, friendly reminder of my official cable management thread:

www.resetera.com

How to do Cable Management |OT| Unravel a New Era of Possibilities

With the holidays now over, many people have probably picked up a new TV and equipment to upgrade their setup. Plus with the new show off your gaming setup thread just launched, it's a perfect time to tackle what seems to be an impossible and ugly mess. Cable management is a task that can be...

yeah HDMI 2.1 has been a shit show, especially fir receivers. Hope 2021 models makes things right and are plentiful

I want/need a 9-11 Channel HDMI 2.1 Receiver with the full 48 GBps HDMI 2.1 bandwidth

until then, no point in upgrading the TV

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
yeah HDMI 2.1 has been a shit show, especially fir receivers. Hope 2021 models makes things right and are plentiful

I want/need a 9-11 Channel HDMI 2.1 Receiver with the full 48 GBps HDMI 2.1 bandwidth

until then, no point in upgrading the TV

Yep, I'm in the same exact boat.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Robot vacuums suck in my experience

THAT MEANS IT'S DOING IT'S JOB!

Anyway, as much as I love to look at Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous aesthetics which I have no doubt in my mind was achieved through hard work, I love more lived in pictures of older-looking places with vidya games setups just as much.

Don't be shy!

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
What is that door for? I was like " huh, they have 200 inch tv now?", before I saw the tv stand.

Lmao

Its a door to a small storage room within the house attic area. There's like another one on the opposite of this door and two more in two different bedrooms upstairs. We use it to store old stuff/boxes.

Oct 25, 2017
Bro thats a awsome setup :)

Thanks. The Home theater was a dream of mine for as long as I can remember. Only was possible due to a friend of mine in the construction business that helped me build it. We did everything ourselves except for the carpeting. The screen is acoustically transparent and has speakers behind there and in the walls and ceilings.

Working_Stiff

Jan 1, 2018
Damn dude, your set up is awesome.

Btw, the Link, Mega Man, Sonic and SMB3 Mario....are those models or something? What are they and where can I get them?
No those are pixel pals. Used to be sold in best buys etc. I ordered usb attachments for the battery components so they are connected to the whole set up. All lights come on throughout the room via one remote.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
No those are pixel pals. Used to be sold in best buys etc. I ordered usb attachments for the battery components so they are connected to the whole set up. All lights come on throughout the room via one remote.

That is nice

I just checked it up - PDP sells them and they have a Super Mario World one that I really like (since Super Mario World was my first video game) but its sold out :(

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
I have some work to do on mine. The 2.1 cables are ran temporarily (hence those white cable hiders on the left side of the TV), and the UPS behind the TV needs to be replaced since the 77" CS pulls a lot more power than my old 2015 70" Vizio. The console at is falling apart (the wood is just resting on the top now). One of my plans for this year is to rewire the 2.1 cables through the wall. The up-firing Atmos speakers will be replaced with in-ceiling speakers, the Polk subwoofer has finally started to give out (she's served me good over the past 15 years). I plan on replacing the two sofas (not pictured) with a nice sectional, too, as well as adding some automated shades (since my windows let in a lot of light in the evening)

EDIT: Rehosted image. Previous link was breaking

img_20210103_092219m0jzy.jpg

Awesome setup! You could put a single shelf on the wall above the tv, and place your upfiring atmos speakers on said shelf. Bringing them much closer to the ceiling will drastically improve the effects :)

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
Gamestop never carries anything I want.

I checked the site for Pixel Pals and apparently not a single Gamestop carries any of them within not even 100 miles....

I found a bunch of Pixel Pals (mario ones specifically) at a PC hardware chain store, on clearance, and another few (mega man, batman, joker) at a chain drugstore. I've also seen some on amazon (via 3rd party sellers for cheap), factory clear out stores, etc. Could be hope for you after all! Keep looking!

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have some work to do on mine. The 2.1 cables are ran temporarily (hence those white cable hiders on the left side of the TV), and the UPS behind the TV needs to be replaced since the 77" CS pulls a lot more power than my old 2015 70" Vizio. The console at is falling apart (the wood is just resting on the top now). One of my plans for this year is to rewire the 2.1 cables through the wall. The up-firing Atmos speakers will be replaced with in-ceiling speakers, the Polk subwoofer has finally started to give out (she's served me good over the past 15 years). I plan on replacing the two sofas (not pictured) with a nice sectional, too, as well as adding some automated shades (since my windows let in a lot of light in the evening)

EDIT: Rehosted image. Previous link was breaking

img_20210103_092219m0jzy.jpg
Queen Yuna right in the center as she should be. #Taste.

ericksakti

Dec 24, 2020
For me personally, both the Eames and especially Barcelona Chairs are more about looks then comfort. Eames is a good chair for sitting back and reading, not sitting up and down constantly. I would go for another chair if it was my main sitting one.

Yes basically for eames and barcelona chairs and other iconic furniture, you are buying them more for their iconic looks, form over function so to say.

But they do have the instant recognizability to those who are into furnitures, maybe one day when I have saved enough I will get the eames :D

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
I would suggest to avoid doing / planting any kind of electronics in ceiling, as they are much of a hassle to repair when broken.
If it's just speakers, it's really just speaker lines and the speakers mounted into the ceiling. It's not really much of a hassle to replace the speaker or wiring. For the speaker, you just undo it and replace it. For the wiring which is unlikely to be a problem, all you would do is attach the new wire to the end of the current one and pull it through.

Status
Not open for further replies.