• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
07220c324824567c0df0a8b70e7c2f88e5c3ed9a.jpeg

f1984bc453b80ecb2b886f88a709b7a54f31a8bb.jpeg

02d568bdc07a57729cafba14edd0702fcc0dc9f4.jpeg

75265502122bae00f1d5b5db5facf64eaab57a32.jpeg

Moved recently. Here's the latest. I'm making some more changes soon though. The painting is homemade by my wife.
This is really nice and cozy. I'm moving into a new place tomorrow so I might crib some ideas here, haha.

Pho King

Jan 8, 2018
Bought a new home this year and been waiting for my PS5 to comes in before posting pictures. Pale in comparison to so many others on here, but I couldn't have asked for a better setup.

Main Living Room
Tk0qbLM.jpeg

Loft (Upstair Living Room)
yJFxSFX.jpg

CPGEphd.jpg

Altrich

Apr 5, 2018
Subbing for inspirations

Thanks for reminding me that i have no taste and have been living like a peasant

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
For anyone with behind the TV lighting, which lights/strips did you use? Do you stick them directly to the back of the TV? Do they not heat up after being used for a few hours?

donkey

Sumo Digital Dev
Verified
Oct 24, 2017

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Looks Dope. Real talk if you wanted to peel that off right now, would it come off just fine? I'm about to head to the store for my weekend project lol.
Here's a video if you want to see how easy it is to peel off. The more coats you apply the thicker it'll be and in turn the easier it'll be to peel off.

The video title is mocking those that told him he ruined the PS5 and voided his warranty.

He has a video showing him spraying the PS5 as well as one showing him spraying a DualSense controller.

Mr_Kuschels

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone with behind the TV lighting, which lights/strips did you use? Do you stick them directly to the back of the TV? Do they not heat up after being used for a few hours?
253TNTO.jpg

I'm using 2 Philips Hue Bloom. I like that they create a soft/warm light which is a lot more pleasing to my eyes than super bright led strips.

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Here's a video if you want to see how easy it is to peel off. The more coats you apply the thicker it'll be and in turn the easier it'll be to peel off.

The video title is mocking those that told him he ruined the PS5 and voided his warranty.

He has a video showing him spraying the PS5 as well as one showing him spraying a DualSense controller.

Thats so funny because Ive seen part of his Video when he applied it, but never saw him remove it. Ill be busy this weekend for sure lol

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
253TNTO.jpg

I'm using 2 Philips Hue Bloom. I like that they create a soft/warm light which is a lot more pleasing to my eyes than super bright led strips.

Have you taped the lights to the back of the TV? I'm trying to decide if that is necessary or if I can just tape some strips behind the TV on the TV stand

Major Byson

May 18, 2018
HLOfU0Z_d.webp
QoyIe1v_d.webp
rAQhkjZ_d.webp

Posted earlier in the year as a final update to my ps4 setup.

Since then I have sold the PS4 and upgraded to the ps5. I keep the cabinet doors open when playing so ventilation hasn't been a problem so far.

Happy with how everything is setup at the moment so don't see it changing much anytime soon!

Flounder

Oct 28, 2017
As my AVR died and I had to rewire everything, I decided to take the opportunity to get rid of some old consoles from my setup (Xbox One / WiiU). I thought it would be interesting to do an all Sony setup for a bit (except for a PC which is connected but in another room). I wanted to put my PS2 under the PS3 as well but I couldn't find it (never owned a PS1). I will be putting the Switch dock between the AVR and PS5 but for now it is all Sony:-

Consoles: PS3 Slim, PS4 Pro, PS5
TV: Sony 65" XH92 (X900H variant)
AVR: Sony STR-DN1080
Speakers: Sony PASCAL 5.1 micro satellite speaker system and subwoofer (two hidden behind TV and two behind me)

6ZD9C40.jpg

f1wF83x.jpg

I'm not showing the rest of the house as it is a bit of mess at the moment. Also, I guess if I ever say something vaguely Console Warz-ish in future you can point to this post and call me a massive Sony fanboy!

Oct 27, 2017
Bought our first house last year and I've been trying to redecorate the living room all year. Finally have it to a place where I'm mostly happy.
we5wY6y.jpg

BhUWYjG.jpg

xsFeV1r.jpg

kkir0nv.jpg

finally got the new gray metallic Billy bookcase for my games from IKEA So I'm pretty stoked. Pictured are:

PS4 Pro, Xbox One S, Switch (2019 model), PSVR (hidden), Vizio 5.1 Wireless Surround Sound System (which has been great other than occasionally cut outs that a quick reset fixes), and 65 inch TCL 4 Series

My retro setup is split between two guest rooms which have big beds we're borrowing from my sister in law that I don't like since it restricts the space. I plan to replace with a day bed or couch with pull out bed at some point and will change the TV stand for the retro systems. PS3 (broken), 360 (disc drive broken) and Wii U are in the other guest room.
3GVATg8.jpg

sorry for the low light pics. Forgot to open our blackout curtains. South TX heat is no joke for your AC bill. I plan on redoing the retro setup ASAP, and changing our coffee table.

After years of lurking in this thread and saving ideas, I'm proud to finally contribute. Of course not as nice a setup as some here, but it works very well for me and my wife.
Quoting myself to ask a question:

I hate that the walls in my living room are plain white. I've been thinking about painting them some shade of gray over Christmas.

but if I steer into the white aesthetic, does anyone have any suggestions on things to change instead of painting the walls gray? I thought about maybe painting door frames, window seals, etc in the room. I just really dislike how the walls and ceiling run together as white. It's already a smallish living room, so maybe the white walls help make it feel bigger? Idk.

and yes, I know the TV isn't level in this old picture lol.

Styrman

Nov 7, 2017
I recently moved to a new house with a basement that will act as my future place to relax and play video games. :)
The last couple of weeks (!) have been spent modding the TV bench/cabinet (IKEA Bestå) with pc fans for ventilation and fitting everything into the wall.
(I have a one year old child at home, so it's been a looooong process finishing everything).

It still needs some work, and we're planning to replace the floor and walls when there's time and money, but this will do in the meantime.

The TV is an 75" Samsung KS8005
Sound system is an old Logitech Z-5500 (planning to replace it with something a bit more modern).
Inside the cabinet is a PS4 Pro and a Nintendo Switch, but it's too dark to se anything... so no pictures.
The lightning behind the TV is just IKEA led-strips screwed to the wall and connected to a remote.

Apologies for the picture quality, but it's pretty dark down there at the moment (No sun in the north!)

1k4k49.jpg

3m5j5s.jpg

2mpjjy.jpg

4s7j7b.jpg

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I recently moved to a new house with a basement that will act as my future place to relax and play video games. :)
The last couple of weeks (!) have been spent modding the TV bench/cabinet (IKEA Bestå) with pc fans for ventilation and fitting everything into the wall.
(I have a one year old child at home, so it's been a looooong process finishing everything).

It still needs some work, and we're planning to replace the floor and walls when there's time and money, but this will do in the meantime.

Sound system is an old Logitech Z-5500 (planning to replace it with something a bit more modern).
Inside the cabinet is a PS4 Pro and a Nintendo Switch, but it's too dark to se anything... so no pictures.
The lightning behind the TV is just IKEA led-strips screwed to the wall and connected to a remote.

Apologies for the picture quality, but it's pretty dark down there at the moment (No sun in the north!)

1k4k49.jpg

3m5j5s.jpg

2mpjjy.jpg

4s7j7b.jpg
Stunning, do you have a pic of how you lighted behind the TV. I usually hate when TVs are in some box in the wall or cabinet but this completely shatters that hate for me. Also you have a lovely wall, is that real brick

Styrman

Nov 7, 2017
Stunning, do you have a pic of how you lighted behind the TV. I usually hate when TVs are in some box in the wall or cabinet but this completely shatters that hate for me. Also you have a lovely wall, is that real brick
I wasnt't overly fond of the idea either at first to be honest. But it was the best solution me and my wife could come up with, since we thought that the TV would be too far out and close to the fireplace if it wasn't inserted into the alcove/box.
The bricks are sandlime/calcium silicate. Removing the lower part of the wall to make room for the bench/cabinet was really frustrating. :)

This is what the lights look like behind it all.
img_20201101_164050kukcs.jpg

Labyrinthe

Mar 12, 2018

That's really great!

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

1k4k49.jpg

3m5j5s.jpg

2mpjjy.jpg

4s7j7b.jpg
This is a neat setup.