• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
Looks really cozy. How big is the room (and is that full surround or 3.1)?
Totally cool Mjolnir as well. :D

Small room, only big enough to fit the electronics and a small couch
5.1 surround sound system
thumbnail_4.jpg

thumbnail_6.jpg

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Still not pretty or fancy, but still very comfy. My Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, PlayStation 1 and 2, Dreamcast, Japanese Saturn, Xbox, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 games are in the drawers under the HDTV. The drawers in the back are full of Blu-rays and some DVDs (with more in the closet).
eiQioj5.jpg

8L0Vuhv.jpg

LouieGeetoo

Oct 27, 2017
Hey all, I have some questions I was hoping someone could help me with. I'm new to these fancy A/V setups.

I have an LG CX, a Sonos Arc, and a DP-UB820.

I also have a Switch and now a PS5. And a cable box of course.

My problem is that the LG CX has only 4 HDMI ports, and the Sonos Arc requires the eARC port to work properly. Between the Sonos, the cable box, and the Blu-Ray player, I have only one port left for either my Switch or PS5. I may end up getting an Xbox Series X as well.

So now I've been looking into receivers, but I'm reading conflicting information about whether a receiver is an appropriate solution given that I'm using a Sonos. A receiver is going to need the eARC port on the TV, right? But then how do I connect the Sonos? I imagine I'll lose at least the voice command features to control the TV. Is there a better solution here? Should I just look into HDMI Splitters?

Sounds like maybe you just need an HDMI switch? Something like this, for example, to let you connect up to three devices to just one of your TV HDMI ports: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insign...dr-pass-through-black/6319221.p?skuId=6319221

Something to be wary of is whether the switch you choose can handle the capabilities of the devices you connect through it. For example, the switches on the market now might not support 120hz or VRR. So while you should be safe connecting the Nintendo Switch and cable box through it, you might want to keep the PS5 and XSX going straight to the TV.

There are some switches that can automatically change inputs when a device powers on.

Last edited:

master15

Nov 28, 2017
Here is a quick setup picture. Although I wanted to have PlayStation 5 in vertical I hate having visible cables so in the end I removed a drawer and moved some things around so I could place it in the center of my media cabinet.

3jBwa1g
3jBwa1g
3jBwa1g.jpeg

Will post more once I properly clean and orientate things.

Last edited:

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Here is quick setup picture. Although I wanted to have PlayStation 5 in vertical I hate having visible cables so in the end I removed a drawer and moved some things around so I could place it in the centre of my media cabinet.

3jBwa1g

Why not get white cable sleeves and keep it vertically then?

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Here is quick setup picture. Although I wanted to have PlayStation 5 in vertical I hate having visible cables so in the end I removed a drawer and moved some things around so I could place it in the centre of my media cabinet.

3jBwa1g

Are those floor standing speakers or lamps. If lamps, what are they called?

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
What's the consensus on storing the Series X / PS5 in a media unit with a (mostly) closed back? Will I kill my consoles?

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
I posted this in the new thread that popped up before realizing this one existed! Whoops!

Still a WiP as I wait to get my Xbox. Not sure yet if I'll do Series S or Series X.

Series X would go on the right, and I'd likely move my PS5 to the far left cabinet. Series S would just go to the right or left of PS5 and I'll find some other stuff to fill the empty cabinet.

master15

Nov 28, 2017

Moozo

Oct 30, 2017
United Kingdom
I posted this in the new thread that popped up before realizing this one existed! Whoops!

Still a WiP as I wait to get my Xbox. Not sure yet if I'll do Series S or Series X.

Series X would go on the right, and I'd likely move my PS5 to the far left cabinet. Series S would just go to the right or left of PS5 and I'll find some other stuff to fill the empty cabinet.

Thanks for posting, I have this unit. How far back do you have the PS5 pushed? Is there decent room at the back?

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
Hey all, I have had some terrible luck with taking screenshots of the PS5 on my camera (Astro's Playroom is a big one that does this,) they always end up looking blue and not crisp like you guys pics end up. I am using an iPhone XR for taking said pics. Any reason this is happening or tips to avoid it.

sumo

Oct 30, 2017
I just got a new TV cabinet, the Ikea Fjallbo, and I'm impressed with how perfectly the PS5 fits and because it's mesh there's no worries about airflow.

PXL-20201119-123047134.jpg

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Setup has come a ridiculously long way in the past month. Not least welcoming an LG CX and PS5 to the family. :)

E3J90Ob.jpg

XYya6jJ.jpg

hYHD4zx.jpg

VGeLZtE.jpg

Lb7qSuX.jpg

Unrequested suggestion, sorry if you're already aware! For your records in the bottom left of that shelf, you might want to try to keep them straight up right- I had something similar going on and found that some of the discs were warped afterwards which was a bummer!

Sep 12, 2018
Red right next to Celeste seems right. Although I may not have Koi No Yokan on that same level.
All three of those are 9/10 imo. With KNY being Deftones' best imo ;)

Unrequested suggestion, sorry if you're already aware! For your records in the bottom left of that shelf, you might want to try to keep them straight up right- I had something similar going on and found that some of the discs were warped afterwards which was a bummer!
Noted!

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Any specific reason you didn't trade the PS4 in, now that you own a ps5. Also is there a lot of construction near you, I notice a lot of dust coming through and it's likely due to the window being open. I used to get a lot of dust in the summers in my room because I'd leave the window open in my room OCD Guy

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017

I have the same cabinet but have yet to recive my PS5. At least now i know it will fit just well. Nice.
I removed the back part though so the whole thing is open.

Footos22

Oct 25, 2017
IMG-20201120-230001.jpg

Simple loving room setup. Doesn't look anywhere as near as bad as I thought it was going to.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
So many amazing set ups in here

Quick question though, I want to mount a TV on a wall, but have no idea how I'd go about that

How do you know which type out mount to get for your TV?

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
You need to look up the vesa mounting pattern for your tv.

Thanks, I don't own the TV, but I'm looking to put this

In my kitchen

So I Googled the make and model and got this

Best TU8000 Fixed Wall Mount
The product can be adjusted to fit Vesa patterns of 200 mm x 200 mm (for the 43″, 50″ and 55″ TU8000), 400 mm x 300 mm (65″), 400 mm x 400 mm (75″) and 600 mm x 400 mm (85″).

So I just use that info to get a mount, right?

reKon

Oct 25, 2017

3jBwa1g

So disgusting!