• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Not much has changed in our lounge since my 2019 post, but here are some shots of my newly finished home office/battlestation setup...

First some moody night shots, because everybody likes a bit of LED lighting:
xYEvdT3.jpg

BsUVMW2.jpg

GLuMq2E.jpg

This cabinet is where I keep all my network gear, and my VR gaming gear. That's a DK1 Kickstarter backer card, signed by the (then) Oculus team:
kjJt20T.jpg

Mass Effect 3 "Earth Alliance" limited edition oversized lithograph (signed by artist, 1/500):
zYdLWug.jpg

Here is how it looks by day:
p1GLuqx.jpg

uMfBMh8.jpg

More photos in this Imgur album depicting various other lighting schemes.

Some details:

I'm currently migrating my PC to a new case and replacing some older components but, currently it is:
  • Coolermaster Cosmos S (amazing case, lasted me 10 years, but upgrading to a c700m soon)
  • ASUS ROG Strix X99 Gaming mobo
  • Intel i7 6850k @ 4.3Ghz
  • EVGA 2080Ti Black Edition
  • 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR
  • Corsair H115i Liquid CPU cooler
  • Corsair HX 850i PSU
Peripherals:
  • Razer Chroma Blackwidow V2 keyboard
  • Razer Chroma Goliathus Extended mouse mat
  • Razer Chroma Basilisk Ultimate wireless mouse
  • Razer Chroma Base Station
  • Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless headset
  • Elgato Stream Deck

The space itself is an outbuilding recently purpose converted for use as my home office. Whilst installing the networking I added a couple of additional 35m cat6a runs back to the house, so that a 4K HDR video/audio signal with usb (for wireless controllers, peripherals etc.) could be piped back over Ethernet to our living room, for comfy couch gaming on a large screen 4K Projector setup. It works great, no noticeable lag introduced.

The whole thing is lit using Philips Hue, and synced to the current desktop wallpaper/app... so the ambiance/mood is constantly changing in the room (although of course that can be set to a static lighting scheme too).

All Razer Chroma peripherals also sync in the same way.

Voice control over most a/v and lighting aspects via Alexa and Harmony.

The cabinets are a mixture of Ikea Besta units, the desktop is supplied from Worktop Express and then cut to size and wall mounted for the floating effect.

Did all the work myself apart from the initial plasterboard skimming.

I posted this on /r/battlestations the other day.

I love this! This is an example of RGB lights done right. The only thing I'd change is the PC case. Something like a white NZXT H700/H710i would fit so well.

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
I love this! This is an example of RGB lights done right. The only thing I'd change is the PC case. Something like a white NZXT H700/H710i would fit so well.

Thanks Nintendo. Actually I already have a new case ready to go, I loved my OG Cosmos S so much that I went for a c700m case... it looks amazing. I just need to find time to move all my components over now.

FullWalter

Mar 13, 2018
Why? Why did you have to post these With info? Now I've discovered Kilian Eng from Cook and Becker and have a bunch of prints watched on eBay.

whoops! Sorry!

I know what you mean though, I already want to get more, but I can't really reasonably hang more than one more in my modest sized apartment.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
What kind of table is that? I'm looking for something similar.
Not sure if this question was for me. If so, it's a couch table that came with our couch (https://www.lovesac.com/product/ite...essories/sactionals-table-dark-walnut/2194221). Probably not the best price, and you might find better alternatives. It was just something that came together with our couch set and since we rarely used it, I realized that it was close to perfect for couch PC usage.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Oh wow that first pic really transports you in time. I dig what you've done with it, but it's missing a couple pinball machines for my taste. :)

I just got my new media console last night and built it. Will be actually moving it over and getting tv/consoles set up today hopefully. Will snap a couple pics to contribute.

New002

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow that first pic really transports you in time. I dig what you've done with it, but it's missing a couple pinball machines for my taste. :)

I just got my new media console last night and built it. Will be actually moving it over and getting tv/consoles set up today hopefully. Will snap a couple pics to contribute.

Thanks! What I really want to throw in there is the arcade1up TMNT cab, but I'm out of space @_@. Also I saw arcade1up is bringing out a 3/4 scale virtual pinball table.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
My place is starting to really come together, I'm happy with it. Built new media console last night and moved everything in tonight. Now that it's there I need to decide on the table as I previously mentioned it's temporary, but maybe something lower to at least match the height of the stand. Prepped for a new TV purchase in the coming months when I decide on which one.

Before:
TbWqWOV.jpg

After:
huWoLGb.jpg

kgpsNqM.jpg

Nothing crazy exciting with the computer side, just a black L desk with matching blackness. So instead here's just to the right, some new chairs I picked up along with newer succulents.
ZKmNgWw.jpg

I have a bunch of prints to still frame and put up, and now that the TV wall is opened up a bit, once I get a bigger TV I'll decide on what I want to put up there as well.

Vic2003

Dec 8, 2017
Hasn't changed much from last year. Hopefully I can add a gaming PC or PS5 to the setup this year.

Main living room (sons switch):
IMG-20200105-115454.jpg
IMG-20200105-115532.jpg

Game room/den (PS4):
IMG-20191215-172235.jpg
IMG-20200105-120811.jpg

Laevateinn

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago

He used to have a Capcom Impress candy cabinet but some monster bought it from him.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
My place is starting to really come together, I'm happy with it. Built new media console last night and moved everything in tonight. Now that it's there I need to decide on the table as I previously mentioned it's temporary, but maybe something lower to at least match the height of the stand. Prepped for a new TV purchase in the coming months when I decide on which one.

Before:
TbWqWOV.jpg

After:
huWoLGb.jpg

kgpsNqM.jpg

Nothing crazy exciting with the computer side, just a black L desk with matching blackness. So instead here's just to the right, some new chairs I picked up along with newer succulents.
ZKmNgWw.jpg

I have a bunch of prints to still frame and put up, and now that the TV wall is opened up a bit, once I get a bigger TV I'll decide on what I want to put up there as well.

Looking quite cosy, particularly loving the NIN framed poster! And the tiny succulents!

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Looking quite cosy, particularly loving the NIN framed poster! And the tiny succulents!
Thank you! It's a studio I'm still furnishing but it's very close to what I had in mind at this point. Saw NIN close to my birthday a little over a year ago and noticed the poster, friend got it for me as his present. I love it. I've got a Tycho print which may be my favorite framed piece I have, I'll snag it if I remember.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Thank you! It's a studio I'm still furnishing but it's very close to what I had in mind at this point. Saw NIN close to my birthday a little over a year ago and noticed the poster, friend got it for me as his present. I love it. I've got a Tycho print which may be my favorite framed piece I have, I'll snag it if I remember.

Oh we love Tycho over here too, and their album cover sure do make for amazing pieces of art to display, I approve!

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Forgive the glare on the TV:

HlZfUnG.jpg

4pS5cOu.jpg

How do you keep everything dust free I feel like every time I step into the living room there's dust already gathering on the tv stand, consoles etc. Im scared to leave the switch out with joycons like that too cause of how easily the joycons get dust and start Drifting afterwards D:

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
Really love some of this setups in this thread. First time sharing my place - pretty pleased with how it's coming together.

Living room setup - Xbox One X (I switch this between the living room and spare room) and Nintendo Switch.
img_1787smallf3jq7.jpg

img_1788smallccjo2.jpg
img_1789smalligktw.jpg

Spare room setup - Xbox One X
I haven't got around to decorating this room yet, so I'm currently just using furniture from my old apartment. I plan on replacing all the furniture but it's working great for me at the minute. (I plan on moving to all digital next gen - can't be bothered with game discs / cases anymore)
img_1791smalldkkqr.jpg
img_1792smallf8k79.jpg

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Really love some of this setups in this thread. First time sharing my place - pretty pleased with how it's coming together.

Living room setup - Xbox One X (I switch this between the living room and spare room) and Nintendo Switch.
img_1787smallf3jq7.jpg

img_1788smallccjo2.jpg
img_1789smalligktw.jpg

I haven't got around to decorating this room yet, so I'm currently just using furniture from my old apartment. I plan on replacing all the furniture but it's working great for me at the minute. (I plan on moving to all digital next gen - can't be bothered with game discs / cases anymore)
img_1791smalldkkqr.jpg
img_1792smallf8k79.jpg
damn. you sure you didn't just copy and paste from a magazine?

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France

img_1787smallf3jq7.jpg

img_1788smallccjo2.jpg
img_1789smalligktw.jpg

img_1791smalldkkqr.jpg
img_1792smallf8k79.jpg

Taste! Great to see a gaming place that doesn't just look like a boring tacky mancave. This is the kind of interior design I strive for myself.

Oct 25, 2017

img_1787smallf3jq7.jpg

img_1788smallccjo2.jpg
img_1789smalligktw.jpg

img_1791smalldkkqr.jpg
img_1792smallf8k79.jpg

This set up is super elegant. I'm going to use it as inspiration for the future. Where did you buy your furniture and decor?

mgrimble2

Aug 21, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
How do you keep everything dust free I feel like every time I step into the living room there's dust already gathering on the tv stand, consoles etc. Im scared to leave the switch out with joycons like that too cause of how easily the joycons get dust and start Drifting afterwards D:

Oh it's not dust free, I think my phone camera just hit the right angle where you can't see it. We have 2 cats as well so there's always friggen hair everywhere. We picked that flooring and the rug colors so it would blend in a little bit and not be as noticeable.

We haven't had any joycon drift yet, but I do swap between 2 sets regularly.

Fizie

Jan 21, 2018
Thank you.

This set up is super elegant. I'm going to use it as inspiration for the future. Where did you buy your furniture and decor?
The dining table and coffee table are from La Redoute and the console table I actually made myself with some hairpin legs from amazon and wood from a local joiner. All the furniture in the spare room is from IKEA. As for decor, we just pick things up as we go along from a range of places, but our favourites are NEXT, Oliver Bonas and Anthropologie.

Afro_DusT

Apr 11, 2018
MwflPWS.jpg

Discivered this thread a few years ago back when it was on GAF. Seeing all this set ups inspired me to put some effort into my own and now I finally feel comfortable posting it! Everything you see in this pic was bought via either Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace or pawn shops.

TV: 2014 Vizio P Series 50 inch *planning on upgrading to a 55 inch HDMI 2.1 panel sometime this year*
A/V Reciever: Pioneer VSX-90
Speakers: Pioneer Andrew Jones FS22 floorstanding speakers and SP-C22 Center Channel, BIC America F12 Subwoofer. Planning on getting the bookshelf speakers to match the set and use them as rear surrounds.
Console: PS4 Pro *got it for 300 bucks at a pawn shop 2 years ago*

Last edited:

stray_moogle

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Time for me to post my setups. :)

I have three things going: my main gaming setup (living room), my office (PC + DIY room), and my retro gaming room (attic at my home back in my home country).

Living room setup

J5XyeLn.jpg

VCi21CS.jpg

HbTRKE9.jpg

Main addition here is my upscaling setup (DVDO VP 50 Pro + Extron HDMI switcher), which I got for free from work. I connected a PS2 and running my backups from an HDD. I also got an Analogue Mega Sg. All controllers (including some neat 8bitdo stuff) are stored in the drawers of my coffee table.

I have a PC in the other room, which I've connected to my OLED via a long HDMI. Input-wise I use virtual here, a software that is running on my NVIDIA Shield and acts as a virtual USB hub for my PC. My Xbox One Controller and Steam Controller adapters are connected on the Shield and are recognised natively on my PC. Pure magic. :)

The big pillow thing in front of the couch is currently there as I'm playing on my PS2 and cable is not long enough to play from the couch. 😅 Definitely not a permanent situation!

Office setup

AB8bO6m.jpg

gpAQztl.jpg

8R8e3b0.jpg

Same equipment as last year but very different arrangement. PC is running a 1080ti + Ryzen 3700 + 32GB RAM. This room doubles up as a guest room and I've put my SNES classic here so that guests can enjoy some neat retro gaming. :)

3D printer sits very nicely at its corner too. Not as intrusive as before. Currently working on designing an arcade table top.

Attic retro setup

HsL2tQx.jpg

CxJRajR.jpg

Version 1.0 is finally ready and fully functional! There are some consoles that remain to be connected and a lot of bookcases that need to be ordered in order to accommodate all my retro games, but for the time being I'm very happy with where I am.

Older consoles are running through an Extron Crosspoint, which outputs 1 cable going to the TV.

Some of these consoels have been equipped with quality cables from Retro Gaming Cables, but I still need to purchase a few to complete the setup. I'm also in the process of buying wireless controllers (e.g. Retro Bit saturn controller), but taking it easy as it's costly (and I only visit my home country a few times per year any way).

Also couldn't be bothered with cable management at this early stage of the setup... something for the future. :D

That's all for now, sorry for the long post. Hope you enjoy what you see. :)

Last edited:

gfeltner78

Oct 27, 2017
Been following this thread over the years and I finally have a set-up worth posting. The area is designed for watching movies first, but gaming comes a very close second.

Overall view of the theater:
y1fGR4V.jpg

Here is a reverse view to get a better look at the seating:

FB7BCuF.jpg

Here is a view of the media shelf:

b56AgJ4.jpg

And then here is the component cabinet:

No8VMAh.jpg

Here is the breakdown of the goodies in the shelf:
Receiver: 13.2 Channel Denon AVR8500 (I am using a 9.2.4 set-up with 4 atmos, 2 subs, and the front wide speakers)
PC: Origin Chronos (Intel I9 9900K, 32gb RAM, Geforce RTX 2080TI
Apple TV
Sony UHD Player
Xbox One X Scorpio
PS4 Pro

Looking forward to seeing more posts!

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Been following this thread over the years and I finally have a set-up worth posting. The area is designed for watching movies first, but gaming comes a very close second.

Overall view of the theater:
y1fGR4V.jpg

Here is a reverse view to get a better look at the seating:

FB7BCuF.jpg

Here is a view of the media shelf:

b56AgJ4.jpg

And then here is the component cabinet:

No8VMAh.jpg

Here is the breakdown of the goodies in the shelf:
Receiver: 13.2 Channel Denon AVR8500 (I am using a 9.2.4 set-up with 4 atmos, 2 subs, and the front wide speakers)
PC: Origin Chronos (Intel I9 9900K, 32gb RAM, Geforce RTX 2080TI
Apple TV
Sony UHD Player
Xbox One X Scorpio
PS4 Pro

Looking forward to seeing more posts!
I really like the flexibility with this setup in terms of seating arrangements for a ton of people.

gfeltner78

Oct 27, 2017
I really like the flexibility with this setup in terms of seating arrangements for a ton of people.

Thanks! We have 4 kids and a pretty fun neighborhood so we wanted to have multiple options. Although we are doing our part and not hosting a movie night until all of this Covid stuff gets under control.

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really need to sort out lighting in my room. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas for a small home office, I'd love to hear them.