• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
My humble NYC shoebox setup. My apt is small (but cozy) so I have to dual purpose my living room as an office space. When the PC is not in use I can enjoy the television from my couch.

Displays
-Alienware AW3418DW curved Gsync monitor
-55in LG C8 OLED TV

Audio
-LG SK9Y Dolby Atmos 7.1.2 soundbar
-LG SPK8-S rear channel speakers
-Blue Yeti mic
-Sennheiser HD800S headphones
-Topping D50 dac
-Topping A30 amp
-Aune X7S balanced amp

Peripherals
-Logitech G513 w/ GX blue
-Logitech G903 wireless mouse
-Logitech powerplay mouse pad
-Oculus Rift + 3 sensors

Lights
-Philips Hue Go
-Philips Hue Lightstrip

Not shown:
-PS4 pro
-tricked out mid-tower PC

aTxe9iM.jpg
This is extremely sexy.

Dave_6

Oct 25, 2017
My humble NYC shoebox setup. My apt is small (but cozy) so I have to dual purpose my living room as an office space. When the PC is not in use I can enjoy the television from my couch.

Displays
-Alienware AW3418DW curved Gsync monitor
-55in LG C8 OLED TV

Audio
-LG SK9Y Dolby Atmos 7.1.2 soundbar
-LG SPK8-S rear channel speakers
-Blue Yeti mic
-Sennheiser HD800S headphones
-Topping D50 dac
-Topping A30 amp
-Aune X7S balanced amp

Peripherals
-Logitech G513 w/ GX blue
-Logitech G903 wireless mouse
-Logitech powerplay mouse pad
-Oculus Rift + 3 sensors

Lights
-Philips Hue Go
-Philips Hue Lightstrip

Not shown:
-PS4 pro
-tricked out mid-tower PC

aTxe9iM.jpg

Love the look of this. I will also say that this screenshot of Spiderverse has me even more hyped to watch on my LG B6!

qa_engineer

Dec 27, 2017
Love the look of this. I will also say that this screenshot of Spiderverse has me even more hyped to watch on my LG B6!

This is extremely sexy.

Thanks. The wiring is a bit messy, especially the janky Oculus sensor setup. But I am limited in what I can do because drilling walls in certain places is a bad idea given that most buildings in NYC are 100+ years old, and the fact that you have to patch it all up should you move out (I'm too lazy to do that).

Prior to switching from the Vive to the Oculus, due to back problems and not being able to do a lot of roomscale VR, the vive lighthouse setup was way cleaner and more responsive wtih tracking even vs 3 oculus sensors.

Re: Spiderverse

Great movie and even better with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision + pitch blacks on OLED screens. B6 is a great set, practically the same screen across the board so you're good to go for a while.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3534

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's still in the process of growing and being adjusted. I'd like to space the bookshelves out more but there's not enough space along the wall to accommodate it.

eqYcRbW.jpg

The cardboard box is filled with GBA games.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's still in the process of growing and being adjusted. I'd like to space the bookshelves out more but there's not enough space along the wall to accommodate it.

eqYcRbW.jpg

The cardboard box is filled with GBA games.
Damn, that is one clean setup. As soon as my kids are old enough that I don't cave to hide my consoles behind makeshift cardboard barriers I would love to get a TV stand like that.

Also, do I see that you are storing your Game Boys without a cartridge in the slot?

tomd96

Jul 6, 2018
An unexpected update on the setup for this year - we've rotated the bedroom layout and replaced the old 32" 1080p TV with a 49" Samsung NU7100. It's only an entry-level 4K screen but as a bedroom TV we're very happy with it! Wall-mounted on an extending arm so we can make it seem bigger by pulling it forward, and we also moved the old Logitech Z5500 system into the bedroom to significantly beef up the sound quality over the built-in TV speakers.

A2VdUqi.jpg

1blX7Ui.jpg

There's obviously a little more cable tidying to be done, but in person it doesn't look too bad.

Just like the old screen it's connected to my PC in the office via HDMI through the walls, only now we're getting full 4K at 60hz from the PC. The PS3 is connected mainly as a Blu-ray player for now, but I'll likely start one of my PS3 backlog games on it soon (maybe Demon's Souls or Ni No Kuni).

nano

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
I need a bigger TV D:
Switch, PS4 Pro, PS3, Wii are on display, PS2 and Steam Link are behind the doors below.

p6EKrx1.jpg

Last edited:

astro

Oct 25, 2017
It's getting there! Apologies for the blurry images, my phone is dying atm.

7EEOd9z.jpg

RAKdTLf.jpg

XdlBh4D.jpg

I need to tidy up the cable management behind the desk, and I still have some work to do with the area in general (shelves behind the desk, framed posters, some mood lighting), but this is really comfy to game/work on now.

Thanks. The wiring is a bit messy, especially the janky Oculus sensor setup. But I am limited in what I can do because drilling walls in certain places is a bad idea given that most buildings in NYC are 100+ years old, and the fact that you have to patch it all up should you move out (I'm too lazy to do that).

Prior to switching from the Vive to the Oculus, due to back problems and not being able to do a lot of roomscale VR, the vive lighthouse setup was way cleaner and more responsive wtih tracking even vs 3 oculus sensors.

Re: Spiderverse

Great movie and even better with Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision + pitch blacks on OLED screens. B6 is a great set, practically the same screen across the board so you're good to go for a while.
I've been inspired. I bought a Blue Yeti and I've ordered a couple of those backlights. I'm also going to grab a second screen and utilize it in a similar way. Thanks for sharing! :)

Webbo

Nov 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Just updated mine, wall mounted tv and built new shelves in the old fireplace. Cable management is still a little rough behind receiver but I'm happy with everything else.

Samsung KS7000 49", PS4 Pro, Xbox One S (only really used as 4K Blu-ray player), Yamaha receiver with Boston Accoustics Soundware XS 5.1 speakers.

F3952-E2-B-8-E15-4667-A1-E0-36-BE70-C90404.jpg

qa_engineer

Dec 27, 2017
It's getting there! Apologies for the blurry images, my phone is dying atm.

7EEOd9z.jpg

RAKdTLf.jpg

XdlBh4D.jpg

I need to tidy up the cable management behind the desk, and I still have some work to do with the area in general (shelves behind the desk, framed posters, some mood lighting), but this is really comfy to game/work on now.

I've been inspired. I bought a Blue Yeti and I've ordered a couple of those backlights. I'm also going to grab a second screen and utilize it in a similar way. Thanks for sharing! :)

SO MUCH SPACE. You'll be surprised at how much better your space will look, and more importantly feel, with ambient lighting and bias lighting behind the screen which can help 1) enhance contrast / overall image quality and 2) prevent eye strain if your space is too dark. Don't forget to install the hue sync app on your PC so can set it to react to games, music, or set basic presets and brightness.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
SO MUCH SPACE. You'll be surprised at how much better your space will look, and more importantly feel, with ambient lighting and bias lighting behind the screen which can help 1) enhance contrast / overall image quality and 2) prevent eye strain if your space is too dark. Don't forget to install the hue sync app on your PC so can set it to react to games, music, or set basic presets and brightness.
Yeh, the space is nice. My room is pretty big, and I have a huge amount of storage (given that it's a loft conversion with two huge crawl spaces on either side). Which means I've been able to stash so much stuff that I only occasionally use.

Thanks for the tips. I really can't wait for them to arrive. The main thing my space is lacking right now is ambience.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Finally moved into my new house and my games room is nearly ready. Can somebody explain best method of uploading photos onto this forum? Sorry bit of noob.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Finally moved into my new house and my games room is nearly ready. Can somebody explain best method of uploading photos onto this forum? Sorry bit of noob.

Take picture on phone

Upload to imugur or lensdump or another image host via phone, or send images to your pc and upload from there.

Get share link from your upload and post here.

Imur

Jan 4, 2018
9ly1v3I.jpg

I know the center position isn't ideal...but I couldn't do it any better. It's totally possible to sit in the stereo triangle, but the center isn't in the center after that. On the right side you can see the PS4 next to the AV Receiver.

45n7twG.jpg

comfortable af. The Subwoofer is behind the Couch.

YsO2u5z.jpg

This is my gaming PC with an 1080ti - made possible with 2 Fans build into the closet. I can shut the door and it's cool enough. I don't have to see any of the Cables.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
What link are you trying to post?

Don't wrap it in img tags if it already has them! If it already has, just past straight into the text field.
I upload a pic to imgur. Then i click share and copy link. I then try and put this into image button and comes up with error.

If i paste straight into text field, it just shows the link in the preview. Sorry about this. Thanks for your help

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I upload a pic to imgur. Then i click share and copy link. I then try and put this into image button and comes up with error.

If i paste straight into text field, it just shows the link in the preview. Sorry about this. Thanks for your help
screenshot2019-03-11aksjrw.png

Hover over the image then copy that link. Then just paste into IMG tags and add a .jpg to the end, or post it in a MEDIA tag without the .jpg.

Or just use the superior www.abload.de

e1it3g4m3r

Banned
Feb 19, 2019
That Snorlax is brilliant. Awesome setup and I dig the Earthbound.
Thanks, really appreciate the kind words. My 360 is only in the setup because I use it to redeem games with gold.
I have other game systems in drawers like GC, Wii, Saturn, gba , ds, DC, n64 from my crazy eBay bidding days and I have a ps3 but I need to get a vertical stand for it before playing games like demon souls. Oh and I have a psp, 3ds,and vita

I now have two jobs instead of just one and am working to be able to study computers so I can make games.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
You don't need to put it in media tags.

When you upload the image to imgur, hover over the downwards triangle on the top right once the image is uploaded. Then click "get share links", copy the "BBCode (Forums) link, and paste that directly here.

Nice one. Thanks for your help and patience!
jbhoqng.jpg

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Nice one. Thanks for your help and patience!
jbhoqng.jpg

No problem at all. It's hardly an intuitive system, first time was probably confusing for most people.

Enjoy sharing your images!

If you want to post images without compression, use lensdump. Same process as imgur with a slightly different UI, now you know what you're looking for it should be simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.