• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
You know what, I've never made an Old Fashioned. Going to have to give that a try. Thanks.

Damn. That's criminal.

Do yourself a favor and buy some amarena cherries.

Muddle those with an orange wheel and some simple syrup and three dashes of bitters. Top with ice and about 2 oz (about 55 mls) of decent bourbon and toss into a rocks glass. Garnish with a fresh, thick orange peel.

Try that first and then move onto rum.

Anyways back to GAMING.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
I love seeing all of the different setups. It's threads like these that were a lot of inspiration before I built my home theater/game room a few years ago.

Not a whole lot has changed year over year, but here we go:

jkhX95s.jpg

C1CcoyL.jpg
I like the concession/bar area of this.

One thing though, is WarGroove out?!

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How I love these threads - I have been following this one for years going back to the old place, and there are some great set-ups here! Love seeing everything from big apartments to small, cosy rooms! I have been a passive viewer of both forums since forever, but this is actually my first post here.

Me and my girlfriend bought a pretty run down apartment two years ago in Stockholm, and we have basically renovated the whole thing. The major thing was turning it from a big studio-kinda-apartment into an apartment with one bedroom and a split living room/kitchen. My wish was for the TV section part of the room to be centred around the TV (which, according to my girlfriend and her friends, isn't in "style" anymore. I call bull on that one), and I think it turned out pretty well. I've been seeing some discussions around cable management and one thing I did as we were renovating was to basically drill a hole in the wall for the TV cables. I bought two white cable boxes and crammed the rest of the cables and switches in there. We just added a balcony to the apartment, which makes the room brighter, but also less ideal for playing video games during the day.

Here are some photos of the Stockholm set-up. They look a bit weird as they were taken by a friend who's in to photography. It's the only ones I have from the apartment though. However, nothing is changed or staged, we just really like to keep it clean.... I'm currently looking to add a comfy chair, but I can't seem to find one that I like - except for an Eames chair which costs a fortune.

x7OY0JZ.png

dzen0MC.png

dgjmQbJ.png

9 months ago, I moved to New York for work (we still own the apartment in Stockholm though). I currently live with a few other guys (it's like being back in college!) and I have my own room now, rather than a full apartment. So I basically just bought the essentials (TV, a TV-stand, a bed and a drawer). I brought my PS4 Pro + accessories from Sweden. This is what my set-up in NY looks like currently.

tXj8jEm.jpg

aB9jmH8.jpg
Beautiful place!

failgubbe

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
My little space.

Xbox One X
Astro A50
LG OLED C7
Philips Hue (everyone should get it, seriously!)

P.S cables need work lol.

Q3DCz6v.jpg

omkMYOv.jpg

kyBCN2y.jpg

iVU6erM.jpg

Fun detail
f6svbuD.jpg

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Re-posting the same images as last year as nothing has really changed. I did get a 3D printer and upgraded my computer to a new case (NZXT h500i) but I don't have good pics of either at the moment.

ciu4gVG.jpg

QlrxhmS.jpg

jdAi9Lx.jpg

eNVrIiF.jpg

uMYuUXN.jpg

RErYWtr.jpg

6QcE16U.jpg

NLyCEZr.jpg

4hWyi3T.jpg

h4j9m86.jpg

Bonus DnD Photo:
FqImcBg.jpg
This looks really nice, would you mind sharing where you get your posters from? My walls are so bland and empty right now so I'd love to have something on them.

Deleted member 8752

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I got a few plants and artwork I'm hanging soon, but the setup has evolved from last year's post. Here are some in progress pics:

29278950c88d9ca4e8d4b7a0d478e09759b45b5b.jpeg
ed8b46152e6d53d8e19a4d589675885b69db6c53.jpeg

e2b6c76de6c3a51071ec9bc0b87d472d5895573f.jpeg

Don't mind my Gf's makeshift art studio in the background in the above picture. She's making me a few paintings for my birthday.

7c85e236faf89f3988f76baa2a86f07cae83fd15.jpeg

2e420a57b5ee2f6f6c73716e35445cbe1e1b5826.jpeg

I need a better pic of my bookshelf with games on it. But the above pic will have to do for now.

I'll also update soon when new pieces and art are in place. Should be another week or so.
Added a new wall plant, a wall clock I got for my birthday, and another new plant next to the couch.

I think I'm set for a little while.

d7b5276ccf2109b6ecb173c7f67885466add13b4.jpeg

454a5242f7de5b72667b6c6172c6bdef70333b1f.jpeg

Last edited:

namstephan

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
tabris master15 One more from Vancouver BC here - I am neighbour to both you gents but only from my office, my apartment is in Richmond.

This is the view from outside the building I work in:

7oNaJvS.jpg

And this is home:

iwKAoSW.jpg

Floor space is precious so the entertainment center is wall-mounted

ayW5QXB.jpg

I also have much love for the old school. Getting this inside the apartment was a nightmare

1ofAtbZ.jpg

Deleted member 8752

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
tabris master15 One more from Vancouver BC here - I am neighbour to both you gents but only from my office, my apartment is in Richmond.

This is the view from outside the building I work in:

7oNaJvS.jpg

And this is home:

iwKAoSW.jpg

Floor space is precious so the entertainment center is wall-mounted

ayW5QXB.jpg

I also have much love for the old school. Getting this inside the apartment was a nightmare

1ofAtbZ.jpg
That tasty candy cab. I'm jealous!

Oct 25, 2017
Sacramento
Apologies for the iPhone 6 camera, it can only do so much

wLHdzdc.jpg

Recent added the top shelf, at some point I might add another one but they're so hard to find now

KJcW7fH.jpg

I'm running out of space for the Architecture sets, need to stop by ikea at some point at sort that out

tiyLajd.gif

Also I have RGB on everything and its great (doesn't actually cycle this fast, wanted to keep the gif small)

B_Mild

Dec 1, 2017
Damn I see quite a few downtown Vancouver condos in this thread. Just moved to Toronto last month and moved to an older not as nice looking condo in downtown Toronto and some of these posts make me miss Vancouver :(

My stuff is all in a container being shipped across Canada but looking forward to posting once my stuff arrives and I set it up the way I like it again.

Westozgamer

Nov 2, 2017
I really dig your ceiling. Gives the room a lot of personality. I would have liked to do something similar, but my ceiling height in the basement wasn't tall enough. Looks great!
I really dig your ceiling. Gives the room a lot of personality. I would have liked to do something similar, but my ceiling height in the basement wasn't tall enough. Looks great!
Thanks mate, I had the ceiling done with the house when getting built,it's suppose to help with keeping the sound in the room.

ShiftyRat

Oct 27, 2017
This looks really nice, would you mind sharing where you get your posters from? My walls are so bland and empty right now so I'd love to have something on them.

Thanks! Here is where most of them came from:

Two of the fantasy prints are from the Wormworld Saga by Daniel Lieske, although I don't see them on his site any more. The other fantasy print is "Penultimate Fantasy" by Paul Bielaczyc. I bought it directly from the artist at a renaissance festival years ago.

Most of the video game prints came from fangamer.net. The Zelda posters are from Club Nintendo. The Goonies poster came from mondo.com.

The Rocket League poster came from the official RL shop. I think that covers most of them. If there are any specific ones I didn't cover that you are interested n let me know.

I had the fantasy prints matted and framed at either Michaels or Hobby Lobby. I think I purchased most if not all of the non-matted black frames at Michaels during one of their sales. They do BOGO deals on frames all the time.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Thanks! Here is where most of them came from:

Two of the fantasy prints are from the Wormworld Saga by Daniel Lieske, although I don't see them on his site any more. The other fantasy print is "Penultimate Fantasy" by Paul Bielaczyc. I bought it directly from the artist at a renaissance festival years ago.

Most of the video game prints came from fangamer.net. The Zelda posters are from Club Nintendo. The Goonies poster came from mondo.com.

The Rocket League poster came from the official RL shop. I think that covers most of them. If there are any specific ones I didn't cover that you are interested n let me know.

I had the fantasy prints matted and framed at either Michaels or Hobby Lobby. I think I purchased most if not all of the non-matted black frames at Michaels during one of their sales. They do BOGO deals on frames all the time.
Thanks! This helps a lot. I've only ever visited Michaels to buy art supplies, didn't know they had good deals on frames.

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
I'm enjoying seeing all the setups, I have a fondness for lurking such threads, and I like seeing inside other people's homes (legally of course!)

I might post my very humble set up later.

Melchiah

Oct 26, 2017
Helsinki, Finland
How I love these threads - I have been following this one for years going back to the old place, and there are some great set-ups here! Love seeing everything from big apartments to small, cosy rooms! I have been a passive viewer of both forums since forever, but this is actually my first post here.

Me and my girlfriend bought a pretty run down apartment two years ago in Stockholm, and we have basically renovated the whole thing. The major thing was turning it from a big studio-kinda-apartment into an apartment with one bedroom and a split living room/kitchen. My wish was for the TV section part of the room to be centred around the TV (which, according to my girlfriend and her friends, isn't in "style" anymore. I call bull on that one), and I think it turned out pretty well. I've been seeing some discussions around cable management and one thing I did as we were renovating was to basically drill a hole in the wall for the TV cables. I bought two white cable boxes and crammed the rest of the cables and switches in there. We just added a balcony to the apartment, which makes the room brighter, but also less ideal for playing video games during the day.

Here are some photos of the Stockholm set-up. They look a bit weird as they were taken by a friend who's in to photography. It's the only ones I have from the apartment though. However, nothing is changed or staged, we just really like to keep it clean.... I'm currently looking to add a comfy chair, but I can't seem to find one that I like - except for an Eames chair which costs a fortune.

x7OY0JZ.png

dzen0MC.png

dgjmQbJ.png

9 months ago, I moved to New York for work (we still own the apartment in Stockholm though). I currently live with a few other guys (it's like being back in college!) and I have my own room now, rather than a full apartment. So I basically just bought the essentials (TV, a TV-stand, a bed and a drawer). I brought my PS4 Pro + accessories from Sweden. This is what my set-up in NY looks like currently.

tXj8jEm.jpg

aB9jmH8.jpg

Nice. I like the floors, the brick wall, and the dark blue couch.

SpaceMouse

Jul 31, 2018
Both places look great! I had a similar situation where I lurked the hell out of the threads so welcome as a member!

You could use some wall art in nyc though!
Thank you - it's good to be here!

Haha yeah, I know. I just don't have the energy right now to look for art, but I'm well aware that the walls need some color!

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
2019 will be my first full year in my first home, and my study (aka game room, nerd cave, whatever) is finally feeling like it's coming together.

wide9wku8.jpg

deskrujfx.jpg

Desk. I've cable-managed a lot (there's an absolute ton of stuff pinned to the underside of the desk), but it still leaves a bit to be desired, especially on the right.

tv5rk4n.jpg

TV and Consoles. I was lucky to find a big Ikea TV unit that ticked all the boxes and fits all my consoles nicely.

cornerorkm7.jpg

The corner. Home to games, DVDs, Blu-Rays and all manner of other knick-knacks. Hard to see, but there's an RGB colour strip running behind it which looks lovely with the light off.

controllersjkjc6.jpg

And one last thing, a WIP storage solution for controllers. This puppy will soon be mounted on the back of the door, thusly hidden from view.

It's a very small room, but I'm happy with it so far and always on the lookout for new decorations and improvements. I'd really like a nice vintage lamp and a small plant for the desk...

Qasiel

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Here's my humble study setup. Not much has changed over the last couple of years, but hopefully I'll be de-cluttering a lot this year and adding a little more furniture (I'm currently fixing up an old Herman Miller chair my work wanted to throw away).

O5whrj9.jpg

t2hHz9A.jpg

zrpjnRY.jpg

Yasy8Jv.jpg

And here's a couple pics of my living room ,where I do most of my console gaming. Needs a sweep and a dust around though!

BIw6iun.jpg

APHh6BZ.jpg

Rikalaus

Oct 30, 2017
Qd4lMp3.jpg

Current setup in the lounge for now until hopefully this time next year i'll have my games/music room setup. Can't wait to have my guitars back in my racks.

49" 4K LG tv
Panasonic Soundbar + woofer
PS4 Pro
Sony UBP - X700 UHD Player
Plus my Emby server to the side for now, that will go into my games room along with the PS4 Pro when sorted.

CLW

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Here's mine, still need to do some wire management but its basically done. I'll be getting a new Aperion Subwoofer sometime this year to match the rest of my speaker setup.

XThYUsf.jpg

I have 3 similar/oddly shaped windows in my media/gaming room and I haven't been able to find short curtains like you have. Where did you buy those curtains?

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
2019 will be my first full year in my first home, and my study (aka game room, nerd cave, whatever) is finally feeling like it's coming together.

wide9wku8.jpg

deskrujfx.jpg

Desk. I've cable-managed a lot (there's an absolute ton of stuff pinned to the underside of the desk), but it still leaves a bit to be desired, especially on the right.

tv5rk4n.jpg

TV and Consoles. I was lucky to find a big Ikea TV unit that ticked all the boxes and fits all my consoles nicely.

cornerorkm7.jpg

The corner. Home to games, DVDs, Blu-Rays and all manner of other knick-knacks. Hard to see, but there's an RGB colour strip running behind it which looks lovely with the light off.

controllersjkjc6.jpg

And one last thing, a WIP storage solution for controllers. This puppy will soon be mounted on the back of the door, thusly hidden from view.

It's a very small room, but I'm happy with it so far and always on the lookout for new decorations and improvements. I'd really like a nice vintage lamp and a small plant for the desk...

Love the pegboard storage solution. Rememinds me of the loading screens for older Hitman games just ... nerdier haha

What do you use the Galliano for?

XxLeonV

Nov 8, 2017
I really like this thread. I've actually got some ideas from some peeps in here.

Thinking of breaking down and paying the price for a hue lighting system. I've seen some cool stuff on Youtube and I think it would really help with the gamer vibe I have going in my apt. Got a ton of artwork coming in soon, so I'll be dropping an updated photo sometime in Feb.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally did some long overdue interior work on my cab (picture of cab is old)
I still want to get a cable box to hide the rest of the extra cabling, but having it bundled in the back isnt too bad since its hidden inside anyway. Ive also got a USB switch on the way that Ill need to run.

Next up, eventually, will be redoing the control panel now that I'm a little better at woodworking

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
My setup has improved a lot recently and after I saw that this thread existed I was stoked to take some pics and show you guys, but... I think I'm right there with you now. Some of these setups are insane, like the OP's entire place especially haha!
Right some of these rooms are bigger than my entire 1 bedroom apartment haha. I just started making more money and have slowly been investing in creating something on par with what other posters have but I'm not ready to share yet lol. Maybe by this time next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.