• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
The mounting of that cabinet along with the backlighting is slick AF.

That must have been a doppelganger! We built the basement out back in late 2015/early 2016 and the walls have always been that bluish color.

To join in on the NZXT love, here is a bad pic of my new case (h500i):
eD2iQ2X.jpg

Awesome looking case. My PC is pretty high end but I used a free case from a friend and regret it. Next build I'm going to splurge for sure.

Oct 27, 2017
My current setup is in no state to take pictures to show off, and really hasn't changed that much from last year anyway.

I'm planning on buying a house later this year though, so hopefully I can get something nice going on and share after that.

Re-posting the same images as last year as nothing has really changed. I did get a 3D printer and upgraded my computer to a new case (NZXT h500i) but I don't have good pics of either at the moment.

ciu4gVG.jpg

QlrxhmS.jpg

jdAi9Lx.jpg

eNVrIiF.jpg

uMYuUXN.jpg

RErYWtr.jpg

6QcE16U.jpg

NLyCEZr.jpg

4hWyi3T.jpg

h4j9m86.jpg

Bonus DnD Photo:
FqImcBg.jpg

I really liked this one when I saw it last year. There's quite a few idea from it I'd like to steal when I get my house.

ShiftyRat

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked this one when I saw it last year. There's quite a few idea from it I'd like to steal when I get my house.

Thanks for the kind words! I spent an insane amount of hours designing the perfect layout for the basement and it really paid off. There are a few minor things I would do differently in retrospect, but overall I am about as satisfied as I could be with it. The main thing I would do differently is route some USB cabling through the walls for my Oculus sensors. Back in late 2015 VR wasn't even on my mind. Hopefully the next gen VR headsets won't require sensors at all.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
My humble games room - Nowhere near on a par with some of the ones in here, but I'm pretty pleased with it 😊

vUA3MhD.jpg

The view from the door

h3Sn5Az.jpg

The view toward the door/merch corner/PS4 Pro 500m

mIALT0O.jpg

The Press Kit Cupboard (Gran Turismo, Shadow of the Colossus, Wipeout, Uncharted 4, No Man's Sky, Until Dawn, Spidey, Last Guardian, Ashes Cricket and a few E3 wristbands)

rMMOedw.jpg

My tiny bois

MoI8ObM.jpg

The chair (genuine cinema chair from an old cinema that got shut down) - cheap-ass green screen for when I/we do streaming, with mic and stream deck...

A40vDzK.jpg

Current-gen games and bits of my MGS Collection (MGS4 Special Edition signed by Kojima & Shinkawa at the top :D)

i462mLk.jpg

The view from the chair, PC monitor used for second screen when streaming/recording

Please ignore the cabling rats nest under the monitor - been faffing with stuff today!

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
I know I saw a couple posts stating they rent, but I'd love to see some more of what folks who can't do exactly what they want to their place have done.
Seriously though, is anyone else thinking of getting new furniture after this thread? I'm loving some of the stuff I see here and ended up cleaning a lot of clutter from my room.

Gonna look for those velcro rolls for starters though, gotta organize my PS4/XB1 wirings. Also, the router is next to my TV and consoles, so I'm lucky I don't need really long cables, because wireless is baaaad.
I definitely am. I'll post later when I have time to take some pictures, but I'm renting a room right now so it's quite modest. I want to get some baskets or boxes to go with my asymmetrical box shelf TV stand situation to de-clutter the games and books I have.

I also need to get some velcro straps and maybe one of the sleeves Darknight brought up in his thread.
You have to spend more to get more ports usually these days. Plus like others have mentioned AV Receivers are a common way of having multiple HDMI port switching. If you're smart about it and think about how you hook things up, you can get away with auto sensing HDMI switches. Like for example, how often do you have multiple game systems on at the same time? Just hook all those to an auto sensing switch and then hook that to one of the TV inputs and that input will be for games. So now you switch to that and then whatever system you turn on will automatically switch to that. It'll be fairly seamless.
Have a link to a reasonably priced one? I'd love to upgrade to something like that for the Switch/PS4.
Our new house/gaming setup. Now that we're settled down it's been nice to fill out the room. There were plants on the bookshelf but they died :(. Back door is gross cause of the dog :)

mSAyg74.jpg

g2PAmrb.jpg
I really like the colors here. That shower curtain goes perfectly with the furniture.
Here is mine as of now

Living Room:
img_8785injcb.jpg
The way the lighting works with that painting is rad. Also a super nice coffee table, what is it?
You all have some really nice set ups. Mine is always changing, but here are a few pictures I took of my basement. Only thing missing in the shot is my switch. Probably packed away in my work bag.

34Mpv23h.jpg
What coffee table is that? It's awesome. Love the doggo too!
Always lurking these threads so I decided to finally contribute. Not the best lighting but it'll do.

img_1279ehkp9.jpg

Only renting this place so it's pretty simple. The color of the speakers actually matched my old place but not so much now. I want to repaint them some day but that has to wait.

img_1277clk9q.jpg

The other side of the room. I keep my physical games and Blu-Rays in the black and white boxes.
I like the aesthetic you've gone for here. this is probably my ideal since I have a lot of framed prints. Those boxes are great.
HEAD ON VIEW FROM SECTIONAL WHERE I SIT TO GAME:

ftoCm70.jpg

VIEW OF SECTIONAL WHERE I LOUNGE TO GAME, WATCH TV & MOVIES, AND HANGOUT:

yOx6kks.jpg

ALTERNATE VIEW OF SECTIONAL:

z8aE11q.jpg
I really dig the use of this space. This looks like such a nice calm comfy place to read/play/watch stuff. Well done!

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Winstano I love that you framed all those prints. I used to collect art prints too but realized I was overindulging because I didn't frame anything and I felt like I was sitting on way too many. More than I would ever end up displaying or have room for. I ended up framing 2 and thinning out my collection to just the prints I would want to hang in the future when I get my own space. You definitely put a lot of money in that print collection so it's really nice to see that you managed to hang so many of them in your room(and in a fairly tasteful way). That square print series in particular was really nice IMO because of how it goes through so many of the great gaming characters in the last few decades. It has really made for an epic wall-art on your wall.

Alright, So heres my ride through the last 12 years.

There is my evolution over the years. Gaming got me through some rough years after high school but I made it out of my parents place in 2015 and finally got a career. Next milestone is actually finding a woman to settle down with.

Glad it all worked out for you and awesome to see how your setup progressed so nicely over the years. Also don't stress out about settling down. Just keep a positive energy and be open to meeting/dating people and it'll eventually fall into place.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Winstano I love that you framed all those prints. I used to collect art prints too but realized I was overindulging because I didn't frame anything and I felt like I was sitting on way too many. More than I would ever end up displaying or have room for. I ended up framing 2 and thinning out my collection to just the prints I would want to hang in the future when I get my own space. You definitely put a lot of money in that print collection so it's really nice to see that you managed to hang so many of them in your room(and in a fairly tasteful way). That square print series in particular was really nice IMO because of how it goes through so many of the great gaming characters in the last few decades. It has really made for an epic wall-art on your wall.

Thanks! I absolutely love the mini prints from Olly Moss - the frames are dirt cheap Ikea ones (I think they were about £3.50 each) but they set the prints up so well. The Whalen Transformers/Moss Batman prints were custom framed - bit pricey! I've also got a Whalen Inside Out print in our stairwell, and a few more smaller Moss prints hanging there as well. Had to stop buying them even though they're pretty as all hell

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! I absolutely love the mini prints from Olly Moss - the frames are dirt cheap Ikea ones (I think they were about £3.50 each) but they set the prints up so well. The Whalen Transformers/Moss Batman prints were custom framed - bit pricey! I've also got a Whalen Inside Out print in our stairwell, and a few more smaller Moss prints hanging there as well. Had to stop buying them even though they're pretty as all hell
The only 2 I have framed are some Mark Englert prints. He's one of my fav artists. I had to hold myself back from dropping money on the Aladdin and Lion King ones and now I regret it because I think I would have actually displayed them(and now the aftermarket values are too insane)

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
That must have been a doppelganger! We built the basement out back in late 2015/early 2016 and the walls have always been that bluish color.

Yeah, I found the room I was thinking of, it's not that similar really, but it's been about 7 or 8 years since I've seen those pics so my mind kinda played me :)

Anyway, I really love your setup/room, from the way you filled that wall space, to the way those statues are placed, and the hidden speaker setup. Life goals, essentially :)

The only 2 I have framed are some Mark Englert prints. He's one of my fav artists. I had to hold myself back from dropping money on the Aladdin and Lion King ones and now I regret it because I think I would have actually displayed them(and now the aftermarket values are too insane)

I still have my Englert BTTF lying flat on a shelf in a closet since the day it dropped, trying to build up the courage to get a custom frame for it.

LunaSerena

Oct 25, 2017
I love some of the setups here! If everything goes well, I should be moving to an apartment this year, and will use some ideas for my gaming room.

And that cable management thread is going straight to bookmarks. I'll read it when I have time but I bet it will be a godsend since cable management is a pain.

ABeezy1388

Apr 5, 2018
I really dig the use of this space. This looks like such a nice calm comfy place to read/play/watch stuff. Well done!

Thanks! I didn't want to over crowd it since its not the biggest area, but I wanted to make it feel inviting, yet modern, yet calm. Nice to see you get the same vibes that I intended for. I certainly spend the majority of my leisure time here over the living room and other areas of the house!

Stealth18

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 24, 2019
The return of my favourite thread!

Things have largely remained the same from last year. I have 55" Sony A1E OLED, with PS4 Pro connected to it. Enjoying a lot of the HDR content. Have Sony HTCT290 sound bar, which is a compromise when you live in a downtown apartment.

LNZaHNb.jpg

ptxfG5R.jpg

5kCvRGs.jpg

67zthsd.jpg

rufoWQJ.jpg

Beautiful setup, can I ask where you got your wall art from?

Lo-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
New Yawk City!
I'm just trying to give an old Brooklyn apartment a little color. A decidedly normal 43" 4K TV from Samsung, a PS4 Pro, and my gaming PC is sitting on the floor which I keep clean, thankyouverymuch! Consumer electronics from Best Buy, PC from Micro Center and newegg, lewks unabashedly from IKEA.
NXdmxb5l.jpg

c0f4lksl.jpg

3OqOKy0l.jpg

May kitty cat bless this house!

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
This entire fucking post
qR3eL1N.png
Lmao for real

Well to be fair, you don't state it in the thread title. Most people coming in are thinking this is a gaming setup only thread.
This, literally.
It seems the guy just wants to brag about money and lifestyle, there´s nothing gaming related in those pictures, might as well post a Google Maps screenshot of Yaletown, Vancouver to be honest.
Just READ THE OP. For fucks sake take the jealousy out of here. (Edited to be less of an ass)

Era gets worse and worse by the day. The negativity here is leaps and bounds worse than gag pre-purge

Our new house/gaming setup. Now that we're settled down it's been nice to fill out the room. There were plants on the bookshelf but they died :(. Back door is gross cause of the dog :)

mSAyg74.jpg

g2PAmrb.jpg
Nice!!
Warning:

My camera is super bad.

You've been warned.

xu1zlDr.jpg

xg2WrQ1.jpg

qQgqSOQ.jpg

Small, yet comfortable and functional. PC, PS3, PS4. I used to have more peripherals, I don't use them anymore. Just DS3, DS4, XB1S controllers. Audio setup is a bit weird, I have to keep switching the 'AUX IN' between PS4 and PS3, with the PS4 getting a 3.5mm pass through from monitor and the PS3 using an adapter from the AV out. Both the PS3 and right monitor are using HDMI to DVI adapters of a kind. I charge controllers from the built in USB hubs on both monitors, connect controllers, KB+M from hub as well. Left monitor has a SD card reader I use to transfer files on my phone. PC isn't shown, as its just a simple matte black mid tower case with a few stickers on it. The same case since 2007!

PC is

AMD athlon X4 860k
GTX 660ti PE (used)
8 GB DDR3 1600
mATX mobo
240gb crucial ssd
1tb spinner
2 tb external
4tb back up
Creative Lab T40 speakers (used, first gen with third party power supply lol)
Dell 2410f (used, brought this year)
Dell 2007fpb (used, brought in oct)
Asus Xonar DG
Almost unused DVD/Bluray Drive (gift from an old, old job)
WIndows 8.1 (testing ubuntu 18.04!!!!)
PS4 1tb Slim
PS3 Super Slim with added 320gb (bought used in 17)

Edit: I know I started the complaining but I think we should all drop it. I thought about it and I have to say, I'm proud of what I've been able to put together, no matter if I still haven't made it in life. One thing I learned in all of my pissy threads (you know the ones), vast majority of people are working to get it done (translation, on a certain level, we're all just winging it) and the people who have the nicest toys may have other things going to hell for them.

Extra edit: The mid 80s radio works and is tuned to sports radio for sportsball games!!
I dig this setup! No idea what you were ashamed of, looks great

Some amazing set ups here! I have followed this thread for a handful of years, and I love the clean look with a minimalistic approach! Anyway, figured I would add my contribution to this thread! I live in a two story home built in January of 2018, and until I have adequate funds to finish the basement and build a man cave I am using our loft in the upstairs for my "man loft"! (Wife has given me creative freedom lol!) Little bit about the below images. I have a 65" LG B7 OLED, XBOX ONE X, PS4 PRO. Also not pictured is gaming pc that I can hook up to the tv but I have not used it in a while, so it is stored away in our spare room closet. I have my 2018 MacBook Pro with Touch Bar where I use daily, along with my iPad for light mobile stuff and some light gaming. Also not pictured is a handheld GBA with raspberry PI that I do all my retro gamin on which can connect via HDMI to my tv. I also have a Sonos set up, 2 Sono's Ones with Alexa support as well as a Sono's beam sound bar. The one Sono's One in picture will be wall mounted eventually to match the other which is wall mounted. Everything in my house (for the most part) is controllable with voice commands of apps on my phone. All lights in the loft are Philips hue including the two lamps. I included one picture with random colors for ambiance purposes. My sectional also pulls out to a bed which is awesome for relaxing and watching movies or gaming. I still need to add a few more minor touches to spice this area up as well as paint (thinking a light gray for walls). Even tho the house is new I hate the carpet and after its worn it will also be replaced with a gray instead of cream. For now I did not take pictures, but I also have a second iPad I installed in the wall in my kitchen that acts a a controller for everything in my house, exterior cameras, lights, music, all smart home apps etc. I also have a 65" KS8000 in the living room with a 5.1 Sonos set up (Another Sonos beam sound bar, 2 Sono's One speakers, and a Sonos sub... let me tell you that thing BUMPS). I love Sonos because I have full home audio for tv or music, that can be split into different rooms at different volumes etc.

I will have to update this post or make another post at night time showing off the loft with full Philips hue color's (The blue/green picture looks better in person... I have an iPhone XS Max but for some reason the camera always makes the hue colors look funky in pictures.) One other random note, my end table drives my OCD nuts with how the decor is and how it looks, I may change it (Even tho I love the gold rhino and the mini plant. The little heart will always stay, its for my dog that passed last March and her paw is imprinted on it).

VIEW FROM WALKING UP THE STAIRS:

fuzOdQq.jpg

VIEW OF TV UNIT AND TV:

xBuQp88.jpg

ftoCm70.jpg

A8cHCNa.jpg

VIEW OF CONSOLES IN TV UNIT:

sDzyCjy.jpg

VIEW OF SECTIONAL WHERE I LOUNGE TO GAME, WATCH TV & MOVIES, AND HANGOUT:

yOx6kks.jpg

ALTERNATE VIEW OF SECTIONAL:

z8aE11q.jpg

END TABLE WITH DECOR:

qZWnDGT.jpg
How do you like the Sonos Beam? Thinking of grabbing one next month

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I still have my Englert BTTF lying flat on a shelf in a closet since the day it dropped, trying to build up the courage to get a custom frame for it.
That's one of the 2 prints I have framed XD. I love it cause it just looks like some random pic of a mall at a general glance. Not everyone knows what it is when they come over. I do love the reaction when people are over and they have that eureka moment of what the picture is.

Vic2003

Dec 8, 2017
Re-posting the same images as last year as nothing has really changed. I did get a 3D printer and upgraded my computer to a new case (NZXT h500i) but I don't have good pics of either at the moment.

ciu4gVG.jpg

QlrxhmS.jpg

jdAi9Lx.jpg

eNVrIiF.jpg

uMYuUXN.jpg

RErYWtr.jpg

6QcE16U.jpg

NLyCEZr.jpg

4hWyi3T.jpg

h4j9m86.jpg

Bonus DnD Photo:
FqImcBg.jpg

I think this is still my favorite setup since I'm not really into the minimalism style. Where did you get your prints and the bold black frames?

ABeezy1388

Apr 5, 2018
How do you like the Sonos Beam? Thinking of grabbing one next month

I honestly love it - If you did read my full rant (lol) I have two of them. I was never really an audiophile, but I got one so I could listen to the tv through the entire Sono's system in my house. After I got one for the living room I was blown away by the quality. You get what you pay for, and in this case the steep price of Sono's products is worth it. I think it sounds incredible. If you really want to be blown away, add a Sono's sub and you will never understand how you enjoyed movies without it. My only gripe with Sono's and specifically the sound bars they offer are the lack for Dolby Atmos. If that is a huge thing for you then I would not go with Sono's. For me, I again am not a crazy huge audiophile, do not have a dedicated theatre room so this does just fine and everyone that comes over and visits is impressed. And as a added little bonus, having Alexa support is awesome. Just by using the beam with your television she can turn it on and off via voice commands. #WhataTimeToBeAlive

EDIT: Oh.. and the simplicity of Sono's products if you are not familiar with them, is awesome. Very easy to set up, and the app is pretty nice!

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly love it - If you did read my full rant (lol) I have two of them. I was never really an audiophile, but I got one so I could listen to the tv through the entire Sono's system in my house. After I got one for the living room I was blown away by the quality. You get what you pay for, and in this case the steep price of Sono's products is worth it. I think it sounds incredible. If you really want to be blown away, add a Sono's sub and you will never understand how you enjoyed movies without it. My only gripe with Sono's and specifically the sound bars they offer are the lack for Dolby Atmos. If that is a huge thing for you then I would not go with Sono's. For me, I again am not a crazy huge audiophile, do not have a dedicated theatre room so this does just fine and everyone that comes over and visits is impressed. And as a added little bonus, having Alexa support is awesome. Just by using the beam with your television she can turn it on and off via voice commands. #WhataTimeToBeAlive

EDIT: Oh.. and the simplicity of Sono's products if you are not familiar with them, is awesome. Very easy to set up, and the app is pretty nice!
Glad to hear it! I've been going back and forth on it since December but all the reviews are so good and your first hand experience just pushed me over the edge lol. Being able to add to the Sonos system later is what really got me interested in the first place.

Don't think I'll get the sub tho—I'm in a condo and my old roommate had one in our huge apartment and it SHOOK the place. My neighbors would hate me lmao

ABeezy1388

Apr 5, 2018
Glad to hear it! I've been going back and forth on it since December but all the reviews are so good and your first hand experience just pushed me over the edge lol. Being able to add to the Sonos system later is what really got me interested in the first place.

Don't think I'll get the sub tho—I'm in a condo and my old roommate had one in our huge apartment and it SHOOK the place. My neighbors would hate me lmao

Yes it is awesome! I love the form factor and design too. Its very pleasing to look at, unlike a lot of sound bars(comes in black as well if thats more your thing). You can play music through it as well, and again it does great as a stand alone speaker. I play music throughout the house a lot ( 6 speakers so far, 2 sound bars, and a sub) and if I turn the tv on it automatically knows to change over from music to tv audio, its nice. Sonos ecosystem is awesome.

Oh snap, yeah if you are in a condo or apartment you may want to hold off on the sub. When I turn my system on and turn up do a decent volume you can hear it outside lmao!

And I will leave you with a little tip... Sono's rarely EVER put their products on sale... the Beam is $50 off right now, as well as several of their other products. And if you buy a 3.1 or 5.1 package (instead of individual components) you save even more. I buy all mine off Amazon because I am an Amazon junkie, but they match the discounted prices. So if you have the means to purchase it now, I'd say do it and save the $50!

Any more questions let me know! I can talk about this stuff all day everyday!

CthulhuSars

Oct 25, 2017

I am a huge audiophile and I want to recommend Sonos to anyone that just wants an easy way to stream music into a few rooms. The biggest selling point is that it is easy, idiot proof and effortless to setup and maintain. The sound quality for cost of equipment is good and the fact that it really is plug and play is brilliant.

Still is nothing compared to a dedicated audio setup but for company or ease of use nothing beats it.

Also digging the pics people are adding to the thread there are a lot of great setups!

ShiftyRat

Oct 27, 2017
I think this is still my favorite setup since I'm not really into the minimalism style. Where did you get your prints and the bold black frames?

Thank you! I honestly may need to clean up some of the figures as it's beginning to get a little cluttered.

Two of the fantasy prints are from the Wormworld Saga by Daniel Lieske, although I don't see them on his site any more. The other fantasy print is "Penultimate Fantasy" by Paul Bielaczyc. I bought it directly from the artist at a renaissance festival years ago.

Most of the video game prints came from fangamer.net. The Zelda posters are from Club Nintendo. The Goonies poster came from mondo.com.

The Rocket League poster came from the official RL shop.

I had the fantasy prints matted and framed at either Michaels or Hobby Lobby. I think I purchased most if not all of the non-matted black frames at Michaels during one of their sales. They do BOGO deals on frames all the time.

That's an awesome Jessica Rabbit poster. Who Framed is a great movie.

My wife found the Jessica Rabbit poster at one of the local antique stores and bought it for my birthday. It's one of the best gifts ever.

Last edited:

slinch

Jan 20, 2018
That's one of the 2 prints I have framed XD. I love it cause it just looks like some random pic of a mall at a general glance. Not everyone knows what it is when they come over. I do love the reaction when people are over and they have that eureka moment of what the picture is.

Yeah, I really love the subtlety of it as well. BTTF have been my favourite movies ever since I was a little kid, and while usually returning to stuff I liked back then results in me realizing it's just not that good, every time I rewatch the BTTF trilogy I am reminded just why I love them so much.

Would you mind sharing a pic of your frame-up? I still don't even know if I should go for a mat with a bigger frame or just a frame to the exact size of the print.

Rikalaus

Oct 30, 2017
Always love seeing these threads pop up. At times leads me down a rabbit hole of looking at art prints for my future games /music room that i should hopefully be starting this year.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017

ciu4gVG.jpg

QlrxhmS.jpg

jdAi9Lx.jpg

eNVrIiF.jpg

uMYuUXN.jpg

RErYWtr.jpg

6QcE16U.jpg

NLyCEZr.jpg

4hWyi3T.jpg

h4j9m86.jpg

Bonus DnD Photo:
FqImcBg.jpg
That's great, you still have the neat and clean look, but you dressed it up nicely with some figures and posters. That makes it much more inviting imo, the floor also really helps.

XxLeonV

Nov 8, 2017
A work in progress, as I still want to get a new background canvas for behind the TV and another Marvel character artwork for the right side of the patio door.

9CL3OnA.jpg

Some callouts in the image:
65 inch LG OLED C7P
PS4 Pro Spidey
Xbox One X Scorpio
Nintendo Switch (hidden in the corner with a shield light, I forgot to turn the light on for the image)
X Rocker Leather Chair (pretty damn comfortable for extended periods of gaming)

Last edited:

Cuboid 64

Oct 28, 2017
I'm just trying to give an old Brooklyn apartment a little color. A decidedly normal 43" 4K TV from Samsung, a PS4 Pro, and my gaming PC is sitting on the floor which I keep clean, thankyouverymuch! Consumer electronics from Best Buy, PC from Micro Center and newegg, lewks unabashedly from IKEA.
NXdmxb5l.jpg

c0f4lksl.jpg

3OqOKy0l.jpg

May kitty cat bless this house!
Really big inspo for whenever I move out, nice place!

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Darknight , see the lack of posts in your cable management thread as the reason why I don't segment into a CribsEra and SetupEra. Unless you actively keep it alive, it'll probably die off. And it's a shame as it's a great thread that everyone can use. Already went through that effort before with separate threads for different subjects and it just causes splintering and threads to die.

You should make a post in here and I can make it a thread mark or however that works.

The cable management thread has always been a low post count and I didn't expect it to be different this time around. I think it's fine to keep it isolated that people can point to easily and then post to get suggestions or ideas without it getting lost among other posts in an all consuming thread.

If you want to, you can thread mark my post where I link to the thread. That might be handy.

Have a link to a reasonably priced one? I'd love to upgrade to something like that for the Switch/PS4.

Depending on how many devices you need it for, I currently have these two:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B46XUQU

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00264NZWS

Be aware that at this point they'd be stop gaps since they won't do full 4K/HDR. I helped someone else out to find some 4K/HDR HDMI switches before but at the moment I can't find which ones I linked them to.

Just READ THE OP. For fucks sake take the jealousy out of here. (Edited to be less of an ass)

Era gets worse and worse by the day. The negativity here is leaps and bounds worse than gag pre-purge

Not reading the OP has been a long problem before Era existed. Plus, like I've mentioned several times before, this thread has a legacy and has been on going for a decade. It's not unreasonable at this point for people to not read the OP for the 10th time. It's also not unreasonable to have and want a proper thread title that indicates what the thread is about. I think the shitting on people is wrong in this thread but I don't think a proper thread title should be frowned upon either.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Alright here's my humble set up, excuse the clutter. I mentioned I want to get either a couple boxes or a basket for the games/books/cds/etc. in the bottom shelves. Any suggestions would be great! The cables are definitely a mess.

HvSTzCf.jpg

The TV is just a cheap 40'' 1080p I got for $200 about 8-9 years ago.
UqIUv4m.jpg

Getting over a cold as well, more clutter. The speaker sub is under the desk, though these swan m10s are getting long in the tooth, they're around 11 years old now.

My biggest issue is I have such a small amount of space I try to consolidate as much as possible. Definitely inspired to one day have better lighting, let alone my own space so I can have a dedicated living room console set up. Not sure when that'll happen since I live in the Bay Area, but it's good to have goals.
Depending on how many devices you need it for, I currently have these two:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B46XUQU

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00264NZWS

Be aware that at this point they'd be stop gaps since they won't do full 4K/HDR. I helped someone else out to find some 4K/HDR HDMI switches before but at the moment I can't find which ones I linked them to.
Perfect, I'll check 'em out. I did realize that it isn't the most necessary thing right now since I use the Switch in handheld 99% of the time.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Alright here's my humble set up, excuse the clutter. I mentioned I want to get either a couple boxes or a basket for the games/books/cds/etc. in the bottom shelves. Any suggestions would be great! The cables are definitely a mess.

HvSTzCf.jpg

The TV is just a cheap 40'' 1080p I got for $200 about 8-9 years ago.
UqIUv4m.jpg

Getting over a cold as well, more clutter. The speaker sub is under the desk, though these swan m10s are getting long in the tooth, they're around 11 years old now.

My biggest issue is I have such a small amount of space I try to consolidate as much as possible. Definitely inspired to one day have better lighting, let alone my own space so I can have a dedicated living room console set up. Not sure when that'll happen since I live in the Bay Area, but it's good to have goals.
Perfect, I'll check 'em out. I did realize that it isn't the most necessary thing right now since I use the Switch in handheld 99% of the time.

The couple suggestions I have is try to tie some wires together with velcro strips and then find something to secure them along the back edges of your stand so that they aren't visible from the front. Maybe look at Command wire hooks. They're cheap and you can stick them along the back.

Spyware

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
I would suggest putting a back panel on the TV shelf. Keeps it sturdy for longer and will help immensly with hiding cables. You can just get something cheap and thin and it's easy to hammer in with some little nails here and there. Then it's easy to make some holes to bring the cables through at shelf level.
The big space is a bit hard to use. Maybe boxes with lids at the bottom where you put things you don't use as frequently, and baskets on top of that? :)

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I know I saw a couple posts stating they rent, but I'd love to see some more of what folks who can't do exactly what they want to their place have done.
I definitely am. I'll post later when I have time to take some pictures, but I'm renting a room right now so it's quite modest. I want to get some baskets or boxes to go with my asymmetrical box shelf TV stand situation to de-clutter the games and books I have.

I also need to get some velcro straps and maybe one of the sleeves Darknight brought up in his thread.

I really like the colors here. That shower curtain goes perfectly with the furniture.
The way the lighting works with that painting is rad. Also a super nice coffee table, what is it?
What coffee table is that? It's awesome. Love the doggo too!
I like the aesthetic you've gone for here. this is probably my ideal since I have a lot of framed prints. Those boxes are great.

Check out my post #638 on the previous page. I basically live in a trash heap and got all my furniture for free. Definitely not what I'd like to do with the place exactly but it's a pretty good setup for what I have to work with.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
The couple suggestions I have is try to tie some wires together with velcro strips and then find something to secure them along the back edges of your stand so that they aren't visible from the front. Maybe look at Command wire hooks. They're cheap and you can stick them along the back.
I would suggest putting a back panel on the TV shelf. Keeps it sturdy for longer and will help immensly with hiding cables. You can just get something cheap and thin and it's easy to hammer in with some little nails here and there. Then it's easy to make some holes to bring the cables through at shelf level.
The big space is a bit hard to use. Maybe boxes with lids at the bottom where you put things you don't use as frequently, and baskets on top of that? :)
I think these two things are feasible. I have a back panel I just didn't end up nailing it in as it doesn't have premade holes for cords and I don't have a power drill. Definitely can look to organize the cables just so it's cleaner and get a couple small baskets or boxes in the meantime.
Check out my post #638 on the previous page. I basically live in a trash heap and got all my furniture for free. Definitely not what I'd like to do with the place exactly but it's a pretty good setup for what I have to work with.
Word, and your post was part of what made me post mine. I will say, I used to live in rooms without ceiling lights for years and years. I actually grew to really dislike low light for computer use, but I know I could have something nicer in that regard.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think these two things are feasible. I have a back panel I just didn't end up nailing it in as it doesn't have premade holes for cords and I don't have a power drill. Definitely can look to organize the cables just so it's cleaner and get a couple small baskets or boxes in the meantime.
Word, and your post was part of what made me post mine. I will say, I used to live in rooms without ceiling lights for years and years. I actually grew to really dislike low light for computer use, but I know I could have something nicer in that regard.

That's a good point. I see some of these super swish avant-garde ceiling lights in other people's places but for my current place they'd just highlight all the dust and detritus that comes with unfinished concrete walls. Low light is key here haha

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
That's a good point. I see some of these super swish avant-garde ceiling lights in other people's places but for my current place they'd just highlight all the dust and detritus that comes with unfinished concrete walls. Low light is key here haha
Oh yeah, definitely. I've got a handful of framed prints I can put up, but since I moved in here always thinking it's temporary, they just haven't. My room would look so much better without the bare white, but I think of it as motivation to find what I want. That's why I keep the natural light that comes in as much as possible haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.