• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
- Kenny Omega is a great wrestler ,but I am not a fan of his current run, dude is too dorky to be a good heel and I know most enjoy it , but I don't.

- DG is great and to me , its the second best fed in Japan, also the Open the Dream Gate title is a fun title and I love the gimmick it has.

- CHIKARA was the best indy fed during the early/mid 2000's, it was a really fun show to watch and I enjoyed it way more than RoH (and I used to be obsessed with prime era RoH)

- I think this one will be more popular , but PWG fans are probably the douchiest wrestling fans on the planet.

- EVIL's title reign would have been fine if they didn't make him a coward heel who needed Dick Togo to interfere in every match.

- Jungle Boy won't truly be a main eventer until he changes his gimmick (and works very very hard on his promos , even he admits he is a terrible promo).

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
The Bret/HBK Wrestlemania 12 Iron Man match sucked with the exception of a few good spots. Long doesn't automatically equal good.

edit - maybe 'sucked' is too harsh. but it doesn't belong anywhere near a list of best WM matches.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I'll try.
I don't blame Stone Cold for walking out of WWE the first time. I mean, yeah, the shit with Debra left me heartbroken, but business wise, it was fucking stupid to ask him to let Brock run over him clean.

Str0ngStyle

Oct 28, 2017
-the same "criticisms" old wrestlers have about the Bucks, Omega, RIcochet, people had back in the 70s about Harley Race, Jay Strongbow, etc. The game always changes, better learn to deal with it

-AEW has a problem with a lack of black main eventers. It's just too damn bad all the "credible" black main eventers are signed to other companies.

RightChandMan

Oct 26, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I didn't want Kofi to win at Mania.

Hear me out

Daniel Bryan's heel run was almost flawless. The planet's champion stuff was amazing and it felt like DB had creative input. It was arguably the best WWE Championship run of that decade. (CM Punk's reign is another good case for #1).

I just love heel DB and wish it continued for much longer.

OP
OP
Baphomet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
- Hogan was pretty good wrestler when he wanted to be (see his matches in Japan).

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
Okay, I'll try.
I don't blame Stone Cold for walking out of WWE the first time. I mean, yeah, the shit with Debra left me heartbroken, but business wise, it was fucking stupid to ask him to let Brock run over him clean.

Yeah, it was dumb booking and the kind of shit WWE gets criticism for today.

Shame about Steve as a person at that time.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Big Show/Paul Wight is terrible. He has a specific role he plays well. And yes, his commentary sucks right now but he literally just started and I feel like people need to give him time.

OP
OP
Baphomet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
- ECW sucked and Paul Heyman is delusional if he thinks the only reason it went out of business was because he couldn't find another network in time, ECW was doomed to fail no matter what.

Jeffolation

Oct 30, 2017
I can't look at Shawn Michaels without thinking about what a pos bsckstage he was and it takes me right out of his matches. I don't know if this is actually controversial.

Came up during the New Generation era so I have a soft spot for a lot of the garbage they were just throwing out there. They're wrestlers but they also have jobs!

AEW has too many stupid factions, I'd love to see the factory, hfo.and the dark order gone or relegated to youtube. Is the pinnacle even still a thing?

The bucks are the worst thing about AEW. I just can't be bothered with every match being a tornado tag match with no officiating from useless tool Rick Knox. Same shit every time.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Sting has always sucked. Even when I was an edgy teenager I thought the Crow wannabe gimmick was lame as hell. It's honestly hilarious to me that he's still doing it at 60+ years old.

(I think it was Buckle who said recently that he's never come across another person that doesn't like Sting, so I'm happy to hold that title)

I didn't want Kofi to win at Mania.

Hear me out

Daniel Bryan's heel run was almost flawless. The planet's champion stuff was amazing and it felt like DB had creative input. It was arguably the best WWE Championship run of that decade. (CM Punk's reign is another good case for #1).

I just love heel DB and wish it continued for much longer.
I agree with this. His Planet's Champion run with the sustainable championship belt (lol) was awesome and should've lasted longer.

Valkyr

Oct 26, 2017
- Jungle Boy won't truly be a main eventer until he changes his gimmick (and works very very hard on his promos , even he admits he is a terrible promo).

I agree with this one. Gimmick needs to evolve a bit from where it is now to fully go the distance.

Conversely to the Kenny opinion, I feel like it's controversial to say that I love this iteration of the Bucks.

Sting has always sucked. Even when I was an edgy teenager I thought the Crow wannabe gimmick was lame as hell. It's honestly hilarious to me that he's still doing it at 60+ years old.

Sting fucking rules. This is borderline blasphemy. And yes, I was 11 years old in 1997.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Heel Roman started out great and he was great for a long while, but he is very boring now and needs to lose the title soon.
yeah, it doesn't help that he became the type of bad guy who needs help to win matches which is the only non brock heel WWE knows how to write

...and he takes like a 1/3 of smackdown

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Lucha Underground is the best example of professional wrestling and nothing else even comes close.

OP
OP
Baphomet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
- Alex Shelley should have beaten Austin Aries for the RoH Title at Manhattan Mayhem.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
Piper's promos sucked. Dude made no sense. I am not a fan of many 80's style promos. That Jake Roberts AEW promo when he debuted that everyone was going apeshit over also sucked. He was just rambling.

OP
OP
Baphomet

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
- While I like Sammy Guevara, I don't think he should have beaten Miro for the TNT Title. I wish Miro had a longer reign.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Probably popular opinion now (maybe?), but I feel like AEW roster has gotten too large and it's time to trim the fat.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
Professional wrestling (In the US at least, because that's my only frame of reference) has never been entertaining.

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
I have three:

The Attitude Era actually sucked overall. Outside of the main event, the booking and storylines were absolute crap.

Brock Lesnar has never been entertaining and is a bore to watch.

Jeff Jarrett was actually really good and probably the most underrated wrestler of all time.

Last edited:

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
User Warned: Antagonizing Fellow Members
wrestling is dumb and only caters to dumb people

Edit: Just saw now that it was UNPOPULAR opionions. Well, ignore my post then.