• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Edify

Oct 28, 2017
A bottle of aftershave (the joys of being a dad with a non-gaming spouse).

I have bought myself a preowned copy of The Talos Principle for PS4. Looked all over for a sealed copy but they seemingly don't exist here in the UK. Sealed NA copies seem to be abundant though so I may import one just to show some love.

Burny

Oct 26, 2017
TD0mvJhh.jpg

Switch with Mario Odyssey, a Pro Controller and the two Amiibos. Marios two player coop is pretty well implemented and a lot of fun to play with my better half. :)

kosanu

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 25, 2017
Only got one thing, but it was a $100 steam gift card. I'm brand new to steam so this is gonna go a long way.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing that wasn't generic gifts was a Steam Voucher/gift card, which they called a "Storm Voucher"

Buddy

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Bought myself a nice 55'' Sony TV and put 100€ on my switch eshop account. Will look trough it later and buy me some games

Gamer4life

Dec 6, 2017
$20 PSN card
$100 cash
Assassins Creed Origins PS4
Surge PS4
Ultra Massive Video Game Console Guide Volume 1 and Volume 2 from Mark Bussler.

Burny

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, Mario Odyssey has couch coop?

Asymmetrical coop, yes. One player controls the cap which is floating around Mario while the other controls Mario. As the cap has its own capabilities and limitations, but having it controlled by a second player also gives it a level of control you don't get s a single player, the coop is quite attractive. If you manage to coordinate well, the two player mode sometimes facilitates the game rather substantially. Whether that's good or bad depends on you, but at the very least, neither role is boring.

Mest08

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Asymmetrical coop, yes. One player controls the cap which is floating around Mario while the other controls Mario. As the cap has its own capabilities and limitations, but having it controlled by a second player also gives it a level of control you don't get s a single player, the coop is quite attractive. If you manage to coordinate well, the two player mode sometimes facilitates the game rather substantially. Whether that's good or bad depends on you, but at the very least, neither role is boring.
Nice. Got my son a switch and the game for Xmas. Didn't think I'd be able to play with him. We haven't tried it yet because we've been too busy with Mario kart 8.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I got the following:

Legend of Zelda: giant Link figure
Super Mario Koopa shell football
Legend of Zelda string lights
Super Mario Christmas ornaments
Three pairs of pajama pants
Socks
$50 Best Buy gift card
Star Wars t-shirt
DropMix cards

Oct 27, 2017
Just now making my way to this thread. Was very lucky to recieve an Xbox One X for Christmas along with some cash. Went ahead and bought myself Forza 7 on sale to see what the console is really capable of.

Edit: Spelling

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I got a Nintendo Switch and $60 of MyNintendo gift cards.

What amazes me though is that my brother and two best friends pooled their money together to get it for me. That kind of love has put me in tears. Let it be known as long as ResetERA exists that I love those guys with all my heart.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
My girlfriend and my parents got together to get me a Switch with Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I can borrow Mario Odyssey and Breath of The Wild from my brother so I should be good for games for a while.

SnowCrow

Oct 25, 2017
Got $150 in Best Buy gift cards.

..I suppose I do keep telling my family how great Best Buy's GCU is haha.

Gonna get Xenoblade 2 and maybe my first amiibo. Will save the rest for whatever upcoming game catches my interest.

Lappe

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Nothing so far, I got 2 movie tickets from a co worker and that's it :D And I'm turning 30 TODAY, so YAY!

Oct 30, 2017
Nice. Got my son a switch and the game for Xmas. Didn't think I'd be able to play with him. We haven't tried it yet because we've been too busy with Mario kart 8.
My 5 year old son and I have got to the last world on his profile in co op. I've been cappy mostly and it works really well.

No gaming gifts for me, I'm eyeing up Axiom Verge on the shop though.

Compsiox

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got a switch controller and steam cards.

Also a ticket to GDC.

Print_Dog

Oct 27, 2017
Got my kid a Nintendo Switch with Super Mario Odyssey. When he opened it he yelled "this is all I wanted." Made my day.

LakeShore

Oct 28, 2017
The Last Guardian
Everybody's Golf
Until Dawn
Uncharted: Lost Legacy
Assassins Creed Syndicate
Watch_Dogs 2
Battlefield 1
Cities Skyline
Alien Isolation
Final Fantasy XV
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 7

I bought my Wife a StarWars Battlefront 2 bundle PS4, and Sims 4. She hates Star Wars, but I opted for this bundle as with the game it was same price as a white PS4 without the game. So I've attained BattleFront 2 as well.

Deleted member 15632

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No gaming related Christmas gifts this year :(

Think I might buy myself a new PC keyboard though in the sales: Das Keyboard 4 Professional...so...yanno...

InkyVulture

Oct 26, 2017
Let's sing 2018, the switch version which might not be completely optimized as it has had some lags and no screenshot support.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
I got more hardware than games this year...

Corsair K95 mechanical keyboard (gun metal)
Corsair Vengence 16gb DDR4 RAM
HyperX XL gaming mat.

ilium

Oct 25, 2017
Vienna
I got a pat on the back and the question when I will finally make some grandchildren my parents can spoil.

DarthSontin

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Lego Dimensions (PS4)
Yooka-Laylee (PS4)
Hidden Agenda (PS4)
Knowledge is Power (PS4)
Forza 6 (XBO)

I used my Christmas bonus to get a Switch and Zelda BOTW.

Igama

Oct 27, 2017
I got Xenoblade 2, and my little brother got MK8 Deluxe which we'll play together.

Epinephrine

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
Super Mario Odyssey and Pokken Tournament DX, the latter is mostly for my kid but my wife and I will play plenty as well.

Only got one thing, but it was a $100 steam gift card. I'm brand new to steam so this is gonna go a long way.

No better time for that than winter sale. Also, look into farming the trading cards when you're done buying games. You will probably end up with enough cash from selling cards to fund a few extra games.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I officially moved to PC gaming as of last month, so I didn't ask for any console games this year. Instead I wanted to add some missing games from my 3DS library - so I ended up with:

- Super Street Fighter IV 3DS
- Hyrule Warriors Legends
- Mario Sports Superstars
- Dragonball Fusions

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to sound dumb as fuck, but my best gaming related present yesterday was Yoko Taro following me on Twitter. And to top that off, I've only got like 37 followers anyway and haven't had my Twitter long. So the fact he actually followed me and NieR is my favorite game this year, really made me smile.

That was great.