• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Gaming wise:
XB1 controller
$45 in Xbox live credit
AC: Origins

I also bought myself Watch_Dogs 2 and A Night in the Woods earlier in the week.

nevercomehome

Oct 25, 2017
I got money from various friends and family and I immediately went on Amazon and got myself a PSVR x Skyrim bundle! I was never really interested in Skyrim, but VR might just change my mind.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Physical gifts:
Nier Automata
Valkyria Revolution
Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age Steelbook
The Last Guardian Steelbook

PSN download gifts (from me to me):
Persona 5
Evil Within 2

Since some of these are pretty long I have no idea when I'm gonna get to all of them.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't get anything really gaming related, but I got some stuff that people round here might care about (maybe?).
I got a couple of Dragonball Z model kits from my sister. Goku and SS Trunks. There's like a ton of different options on how you want to build them. Kinda like Nendos on steroids (In more ways than one, I suppose).

I got a Wacon Pro Pen that's compatible with my Intuos 4 Medium and Intuos Pro Special Edition Medium from me Ma. It joins the Classic and Grip pens that I already have. I really like the way it feels. I just like how each pen has a distinct "feel" to them.

Sorry, no pics now. Hopefully I'll feel better enough later tonight or tomorrow to take some and post them or more likely edit them in this post. Apparently another thing I got for Christmas was a herniated disc or something (I say "apparently" and "or something" because I haven't been to no doctor yet). It started hurting yesterday, but today was kind of a nightmare with all the moving around and walking around like an old Asian gramps sterotype (I'm only a middle-aged Asian dude, dammit!). My sister said it looked like I needed a cane (I guess one would've helped). All of sudden, after the long drive home thankfully I was able to stand up and walk straight for once for reasons I have no idea what are. My back is more sore now though, but thankfully it hasn't hurt anymore. Unfortunately, also when I got home all the parking spots right next to my apartment building were taken so I had to walk in my gifts in like... three or four trips while parking out by the next building.
I just now ordered a 4TB hard drive external to replace the one that died on me for my Xbox One X with giftcards I got too.

Merry Christmas! (Seriously though, Merry Christmas everybody!)

Man, I like that Switch case in post 111

Last edited:

Dynheart

Self-requested ban
Oct 31, 2017
Chrono Trigger (SNES), and Disgaea 5 Complete (Switch).

EDIT: I also received a Switch Pro Controller.

RoaringMdog

Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
The Surge[PS4], that's it. I've been told i should be getting something else in the mail though.

Are they the Figure Rise Standard ones? If so, be aware that there's no stand for the figure, so you can't pose them in all the cool ways that are on the box :/

I got a couple of Dragonball Z model kits from my sister. Goku and SS Trunks. There's like a ton of different options on how you want to build them. /QUOTE]

Last edited:

Necron

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Nothing.

Then again, I don't really need more games to a backlog. Time to finish the Frozen Wilds expansion for Horizon and Prey.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Are they the Figure Rise Standard ones? If so, be aware that there's no stand for the figure, so you can't pose them in all the cool ways that are on the box :/

Yes, they are, and yeah... I noticed when I first opened the boxes. I'm okay with that though. I still think they're pretty cool.

Maybe I'll get a couple of these "action bases" later on.

shadowhaxor

EIC of Theouterhaven
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Claymont, Delaware
I didn't get anything. Well, seeing how I picked up everything I wanted throughout the year and that I don't trust my wife to get me anything gaming specific. However, I did get the family gaming stuffs.

Daughter: New iPhone 7 and Miitopia.
Son: iPad Air 2 (So he stays off his sister's and she doesn't try to kill him), Lego City Undercover
Wife: LG G6, and a copy of Crash Bandicoot Remaster. She was looking at it since it released, figured it was time to get it. Can't wait to watch her die over and over and over.

ctcatsby

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. I was hoping for a second Joycon, but ah well.

(I didn't get Zelda though it was on my list, which I'm somewhat glad for; I wound up buying a copy for $30 during Black Friday. I tucked it away to sell or give away in case I got a second copy of Christmas.)

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
i got myself the double fine games for a buck on iOS. I'm tempted to get assassins creed for $30.

My parents did amazingly. They got me a simpsons LEGO set, some new belts, Bluetooth earbuds, and some winter odds and ends (hat gloves etc)

Got my dog a new retractable leash as she broke her old one and isn't as much of a fan of the standard 6ft leash.

Got my girlf a Fitbit, the illustrated Harry Potter book, and this journal she really likes.

Not a bad year tbh

Oct 31, 2017
Gamingwise: my parents got me the Mario Amiibo from SMO, an eShop card, and a PSN card. The eShop card went to Graceful Explosion Machine and Oxenfree and the PSN card is waiting for the next week of sales.

e: ^ I want Simpsons Legos so bad!

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nothing.

I got a shelf for my basement from my parents with...some sweet green tea, brush for my vacuum robot which I already have on order myself and the shelf is too big for my basement so in the end nothing.

But a work colleague of mine gifted me a Nintendo GameBoy cup which is pretty awesome.

DigitalDevil

Oct 25, 2017
My son got a switch with Mario, Splatoon 2 and Minecraft Story Edition.

The only reason he didn't get Zelda is because I knew it would lead to me taking over.

Oh and my wife gave the $200 to pay off my preordered copy of Ni No Kuni 2 collector's edition

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
160415-cv1_hmd_family1.png

And a bunch of Steam VR games

Adam Tyner

Oct 25, 2017
1514241709_1.jpg

Oh, geez, and I forgot to snap a photo of the Peach Amiibo from Super Mario Odyssey.

...and I still have Assassin's Creed: Origins (XB1X) unplayed from my birthday last month. Plenty to keep me busy for a long while!

Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017
Gaming wise I got a nice selection of PS4 titles I've been looking forward to trying.
- Nier Automata
- Sonic Forces
- Hitman: The complete season

Outside of that, some nice whiskey and a couple of blurays, plus the obligatory socks. Nice little selection of stuff overall.

Merry Christmas all :)

ctj

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, California
Switch:
Skyrim
NBA 2K18
Doom
Red/Blue Joy-Cons
Green/Pink Joy-Cons
64 GB MicroSD Card

PS4:
Horizon: Zero Dawn Complete Edition
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Misc:
Crash Bandicoot Funko Pop
Neo Cortex Funko Pop

Deleted member 29249

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
PS4 Pro
PSVR skyrim bundle
Razer 14 Laptop (512 1080p 1060)
Destiny 2 swag (tshirt, glasses, 7 vinyl figures, big ass puzzle)
Switch code for Stardew Valley
$50 Blizzard code for destiny sliver

Caliaztec

Oct 27, 2017
Palm Desert,CA
Not really a gaming thing but I love it all the same!

My in-laws went down to Thailand for holiday earlier in the year and brought me back this awesome hand made wooden Spider-Man figure!

Qr7Wjpg.jpg

I truly love it and find it amazing... until I hear it's little wooden feet clicking down our hallway while we are in bed at night wondering why he's not longer on top of the fireplace...

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing this year, but I'll be heading out tomorrow to pick up Assassin's Creed Origins. Playing the new AC around this time is somewhat of a tradition, so that'll be good.

Frostman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great Britain
Switch + SMO + BotW + XC2.

I'm going to be gone for a while. Although I've already played BotW on WiiU, I'm looking forward to going through it again.

Edit: + SW:BF 2 + GT Sport.

OP
OP
scojitsu

scojitsu

Oct 25, 2017
Not really a gaming thing but I love it all the same!

My in-laws went down to Thailand for holiday earlier in the year and brought me back this awesome hand made wooden Spider-Man figure!

Qr7Wjpg.jpg

I truly love it and find it amazing... until I hear it's little wooden feet clicking down our hallway while we are in bed at night wondering why he's not longer on top of the fireplace...
Haha, looks great. Sleep with one eye open.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I got Persona 5 from my girlfriend. I haven't been this pleasantly surprised since I got a PS2 from my parents more than a decade ago.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
As far as gaming related goes, my family pleasantly surprised me with a Neon Switch! I was just expecting PJs and some money, not a new game system! I also recieved Puyo Puyo Tetris and a set of glass screen protectors.

I also recieved extra cash which I'm planning to spend on Mario Odyssey, Sonic Mania, Stardew Valley, and maybe some other games on eshop and/or any of the PC marketplaces.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only received Xenoblade Chronicles 2 this year, but I did acquire $150 in Amazon gift cards + 200 dollars in cash.

Planning to pre-order Monster Hunter World, Shadow of the Colossus, and Bayonetta 1+2 (Switch). Going to order Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy here in a bit as well..

Wondering if I should also order Yakuza 0 and Kiwami, so if anyone is reading this and would like to offer their thoughts on whether or not I should purchase these two games, it'd be appreciated.

Happy Holidays, everyone. :)

hyuckwut

Oct 27, 2017
Took my son over to my parents house today expecting nothing, wound up with a SNES Classic and 75 bucks eShop money for switch games. First time I've felt like a kid since I was a kid.

2+2=5

Oct 29, 2017
i bought for my gpd win from steam, gog and fanatical:

skyrim
tomb raider 2013
torchlight 2
demon peak
heroes of might & magic 2
cryptark

i'll probably buy something else too but i'm not really happy with the haul to be honest.

Oct 27, 2017
I got a awesome Logitech speaker set up from the lady and used the gift card her family got for me to get Golf Story, Steamworld Dig 2, and Axiom Verge.

Switch is getting a lot of attention lately.

Oct 26, 2017
Bought my son a switch, Zelda, Odyssey, and Rabids. Mario Kart is still in the mail.

I didn't get anything gaming related.

Oct 27, 2017
Only received Xenoblade Chronicles 2 this year, but I did acquire $150 in Amazon gift cards + 200 dollars in cash.

Planning to pre-order Monster Hunter World, Shadow of the Colossus, and Bayonetta 1+2 (Switch). Going to order Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy here in a bit as well..

Wondering if I should also order Yakuza 0 and Kiwami, so if anyone is reading this and would like to offer their thoughts on whether or not I should purchase these two games, it'd be appreciated.

Happy Holidays, everyone. :)
Please buy both Yakuza games. Both are amazing.

10/10 would beat up street punks again.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
Gaming related, I got some awesome Mario socks!

ks02vlf206601.jpg

And a cool Zelda mug along with some fancy teas! The flavors I can remember are Angel Dream, BlackBerry Maple, Magnolia, some other flowers, and Earl Grey I think.

r18g3dg8ow501.jpg

Can't wait to wear those socks this upcoming Sunday at church! :D

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get anything gaming related this year. My dad got me a new travel luggage case and then I got myself an iphone 8.

7upguy

Oct 31, 2017
I got a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and a $20 eshop card. I'm now trying to decide what game I should buy with it.