• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Mar 10, 2018
Fresh-Prince-of-Bel-Air.png

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017

The principal and the pauper, even as a kid I hated it.

Lost-finale1.jpg

rr15_photo_235--33e511c63cffb661953195a8f95f03ed.jpg

Cancelled my WWE Network after Royal Rumble 2015 and never looked back

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
Was kinda tempted to post this, but I was feeling a little bit charitable since they're currently in mid-backpedal. It's looking pretty realistic at this point that Sword and Shield could end up having the rest of the Pokémon patched in by the end of the generation if they can keep the trend going with either more DLC or Gen 4 remakes.

Wouldn't make Sword and Shield good games and I'm still pretty concerned about how Gen 9 and beyond are going to go, but they at least appear to be reversing this particular bad decision.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
It's not like I was enjoying 02 before this point so when the ending(s) happened, it was more confusing then anything else. Like a high density stream of "wait, what?" No time to dwell on the whys.

Everything about Mari in the Evangelion rebuild series is abominable.

tumblr_o2v7b2nOGJ1ulpmhpo1_r1_400.gif
There's still one more movie to justify her existence!
Lol.
Well, I guess Eva being a huge commercialized franchise looking for reasons to expand their merch repertoire is its own kind of meta commentary.

Last edited:

Revali

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rito Village
UnrealisticMinorBorer-size_restricted.gif

I would have posted the cringy "your mom" joke at the start, but couldn't find a GIF for it. I find that there's a lot to like about The Last Jedi, but the worst bits are as bad as the lines like "this is such a drag" stuff in the prequels.

It led into the situation we're in now where it's impossible to have any sort of discussion with fans online without it degenerating into a flame war between the "consistent storytelling and lore don't matter, Star Wars isn't for you anymore" crowd and the "this movie ruined my childhood and I'm going to make sure everyone knows it" club.

Deleted member 1476

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was kinda tempted to post this, but I was feeling a little bit charitable since they're currently in mid-backpedal. It's looking pretty realistic at this point that Sword and Shield could end up having the rest of the Pokémon patched in by the end of the generation if they can keep the trend going with either more DLC or Gen 4 remakes.

Wouldn't make Sword and Shield good games and I'm still pretty concerned about how Gen 9 and beyond are going to go, but they at least appear to be reversing this particular bad decision.

I wanted to post something related to that too but couldn't find an exact moment. Plus I'd rather not think about them.

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019
Folks hate the whole Rava thing?
Also, for those who put HIMYM, no one is putting that god awful ending?

threi

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario, Canada

The last sentence of this completely killed Street Fighter for me. It confirmed my suspicion that they only want a certain type of player playing their game, and it was made worse in 5.

Shahed

Oct 27, 2017
UK, Newcastle
Jon: Sansa, Arya. I have something I need to tell you. It's really important and you can't tell anyone.

Sansa: Okay

Arya: Okay

Jon: Well...

'Scene Ends, fade to black'

OP
OP
Fj0823

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

I feel like even if the franchise eventually backtracked on an awful decision, they still gave you a moment were everything you loved about it was burned to the ground.

Which is why stand by my Yu-Gi-Oh post. Even if Konami backtracked completely, I still had to spend almost 3 years trying to force myself to like that Link rules BULLSHIT

ace3skoot

Dec 3, 2018
vutM1x2.jpg

lets just press the reset button so all the consequences of the last 40 chapters mean nothing, if they had had the balls to let this arc stick Naruto would have been GOAT, but it was all downhill after this chapter

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT

Flipyap

Oct 25, 2017
Battlestar Galactica
8GjSEja.png

Halo 4 stage demo, E3 2012
nhENCS4.png

Mass Effect 2
b0IkU3Z.png

Ass Creed Odyssey
Sbc5JjJ.png

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
Folks hate the whole Rava thing?
Also, for those who put HIMYM, no one is putting that god awful ending?
It simplifies the mystery of the spirits into a rigid good and bad that's a very western take on an eastern inspired mythology. Which is a shame but I could buy it in the moment. It's ultimately disappointing but it didn't feel that much greater than other letdowns of the Korra story, which continues with new rebounds and lows after that point.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Couldn't find a good picture but the finale of Star Vs The Forces of Evil. It was awful.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017

What's that? It looks like Ultima, but VII was the last numbered entry and then it was just a gap where nothing came out, again NOTHING WAS RELEASED, and then you had UO.

I mean it's a shame they never finished the third trilogy, but I can live with it.

*rocks gently in corner mumbling to self*

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
What's that? It looks like Ultima, but VII was the last numbered entry and then it was just a gap where nothing came out, again NOTHING WAS RELEASED, and then you had UO.

I mean it's a shame they never finished the third trilogy, but I can live with it.

What's a paladin?

Arkanim94

Oct 27, 2017

your knowledge of the land shall be great.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017

Lol this little ass-clown. But he didn't ruin the show, only some episodes of one season, then they never mentioned him again except he showed up 'missing' on the side of a milk carton

For the Game of Thrones, it jumped the shark way before Dany's heel turn. I think what sealed it was Tyrion going stupid around season 6 -- suggesting they kidnap a zombie, go after Casterly rock, etc. He got real dumb and the show got bad (but the zombie-napping did give cool moments)

Pluto

Oct 25, 2017
Fringe: When they shifted to the amber universe and the original characters except for Peter were gone permanently, I completely lost interest in the show.

Last edited:

Wes D. Mess

Avenger
Aug 11, 2018
Chicago
vutM1x2.jpg

lets just press the reset button so all the consequences of the last 40 chapters mean nothing, if they had had the balls to let this arc stick Naruto would have been GOAT, but it was all downhill after this chapter

Beat me to it.

I had a lot of issues with Part 2 but this arc was shaping up to be maybe the best in the series.

And then THAT happened.

Naruto was forever a joke after that.

Funny thing is I knew at the time some form of healing/resurrection was gonna happen after seeing Kakashi and Shizune die, cuz there's no way in hell Kishimoto is letting them die there, especially Kakashi.

I did not expect the entire village to be resurrected however. Seeing NarutoForums reaction to that was hilarious.

Power Shot

Oct 27, 2017
There is a specific scene in Modern Family (I can't actually remember which episode, but that's how sudden and immediate it was for me). So, Cam and Mitch are having some sort of camp bickerfest, and Lily comes up to them and tells them she's being bullied. No one hears her confession, and the scene just sort of ends with the bickerfest tapering off.

Done.

Oct 27, 2017
Raava_grappling_Vaatu.png

To be fair, the new series wasn't that great up until this moment, but this is where I actually went "Holy shit they're doing irreparable damage to this entire universe."

The amount of lazy tropes here on display is mind boggling.
What are people's problem with Wan's arc in general? (outside of the greater context of that season being bad)