• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Dealing with this shit on the playground and making it work was a magical experience:

dqf1ejw0wxp21.jpg

DrEvil

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Blacksun's Cybergate.

Pointworld. if anyone here remembers it, DM me, because we probably knew each other in the early 90s via it. The community was very very small.

MMPt-ZKrcgPETo5LKf9qQQSRqecvN-TkbC0ornidlMfHH1a7wROI90kcTsi7jGe7TNnsbEx-FxlreDkO

pointcover.jpg

Gw4FCWSLBCppsONNoTodE9VypYiGoGl5q35dHqELF7b4JyCDXUYmYPnu1osAaqjETrS0wusWGeMD8BSnk6Yl1KODH5U

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Component-cables.jpg

61iXcGPao8L._AC_SL1000_.jpg

nintendo-nes-rf-switch-box-gametrog.jpg

For you youngins' that were born in the late 90s/2000s and so only were ever familiar with the digital bliss that is HDMI, you will NEVER UNDERSTAND that pain and frustration that was analog cables for video game consoles*

*Not Pictured: S-Video, because I can't think of a single person that actually used it...

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
I LOVED my Game Gear, but nah. Thing ate entire batteries in like 2 hours, and even if your were smart and got the rechargeable battery pack, that added a shit ton of bulk to a "handheld" that was already impossible to just put in your pocket like a GameBoy.
Oh yeah, honestly I'm just kidding around. The only reason my Game Gear lasted more than thirty minutes on those late night car rides is because I was tethered to the systems car adapter going into the cigarette lighter up front. Still loved that bulky, power munching beast, though.

And hey, speaking of which, has anyone mentioned cigarette lighters in cars?

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, honestly I'm just kidding around. The only reason my Game Gear lasted more than thirty minutes on those late night car rides is because I was tethered to the systems car adapter going into the cigarette lighter up front. Still loved that bulky, power munching beast, though.

And hey, speaking of which, has anyone mentioned cigarette lighters in cars?

Newest model cars still have the port, but none actually have a cigarette lighter attached anymore. Everyone now knows you'll use it for something else.

Nexus2049

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going to your friends house to see if they're home/asking their mom if you can hang out with them.

I'm sure thats not how it goes anymore.

dejay

Nov 5, 2017
Freeware on floppies, sometimes acquired via mail order and sometimes included with magazine. Specifically in my memories, the Fred Fish collection for Amiga.

eTYr7t3.jpg

RedVejigante

Aug 18, 2018
The Simpsons being edgy/banned from schools(clothing, etc)
Man, I was just old enough to remember the Simpsons beginnings and how it was both a cultural phenomena and something of a moral panic over how it would supposedly lead to the moral degradation of kids like me. Wild to think what its evolved into over the years.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
We never got it to work, so I'm not sure my generation knows anything about it. I have a hard time finding pictures online.
zender-text-message-tranceivers-ohio_1_2f0266ccc73223a7d7e30647e27e145a.jpg