• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Photos only 😠

I think mine is Korean food. Not sure I can eat much of it since going back vegan but whatever

PBNWqqD.jpg

Xui3vWm.jpg

xBsXqFW.jpg

pHAtBtO.jpg

XIY7CKp.jpg

5fJGGum.jpg

Also bub tea

cUY2m0e.jpg

x3JjKF6.jpg

Last edited:

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to takeout and delivery there really isn't much that we're missing.

Our favorite local Thai place closed though due to lack of business. :/

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
I miss Japanese ramen, having it delivered isn't as good as eating it freshly made.

AmirMoosavi

Dec 10, 2018
I miss good Korean food, too :/ Though that's more from moving back to the UK after living in Sydney for a couple of years and also making a trip to Seoul. I've tried a few Korean places in London and Reading and they've all been rubbish :(

Also miss good Vietnamese food. Recently moved to Reading and luckily there's three great Lebanese places, a good Iranian, and a nice Afghan that all do delivery to make up for it.

UltraMav

Oct 25, 2017
I was confident coming into this thread that $30 Italian Meal would be the first response.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sherbet pips.

Nowhere has stocked them since March. I can order them online but it seems a bit much just for some sweets.

RebelStrike

Apr 28, 2020
I haven't had any sushi since covid...also, I miss not trying out local cuisines which I normally do while traveling but that's obviously not happening right now.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Literally just made this thread so I could look at other people's food photos in bed. You're all failing me 😔

Samoyeti

Oct 27, 2017
I eat take out pretty often, but my husband doesn't trust sushi and poké (for takeout) since the pandemic:

33134148898_735fa59998_b.jpg

tokyosushiten8.jpg

sabi-omakase-sushi-authentic-japanese-japan-style-stavanger-rogaland-norway-restaurant-review-food-foodie-eat-eating-dine-dining-best-tips-recommendation-guide-travel-2016-44.jpg

Salmon-Nigiri.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Nov 13, 2017
My city has tons of outdoor dining and take away options, so there isn't really anything you can't get. I do miss eating indoors though.

May 24, 2019
We're basically back open in New Zealand, but Burger King has pretty much gone out of business, so farewell to my favourite burg there; Hawaiian BK Chicken.
NT6YeSQ.png

also Hershies pie
AzvS02D.png

edit: Apparently just a handful closed, but they happen to include the ones I usually passed in daily life.

Last edited:

Samoyeti

Oct 27, 2017

Short answer is paranoia.

To be fair, he's always had a pretty sensitive stomach. We love sushi, but even before the pandemic, he's always been picky about where to eat -- otherwise his system can't take it. Also, there's this irrational fear that the fish will go bad during the small window of time we pick up the food (it has been pretty hot in California). He's also worried that the fish won't be as fresh since there are less customers eating out. I have no hangups like these and wouldn't mind but since my husband does and we always eat together, I'm just gonna look at more photos for now:

image.jpg

sushi_yummy.jpg

20170214061839584.jpg

sushi-cats-tange-nakimushi-peanuts-designboom-09__880.jpg

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
i don't have a way to make barbecue in my appartment....

so everything from picanha

vTC1Jhw.jpg

pancetta

6c6ZGTU.jpeg

To garlic bread (which i can make, but it is just not the same as barbecue garlic bread)

honorable mention to Rösti Potato because it is basically a cake made of fries so it gets pretty "meh" when delivered =/

tUzqvPS.jpeg

edit:

a friend literally just posted that she is doing some barbecue =(

www.instagram.com

Larissa Pedretti on Instagram: "#fraldinha #skirtsteak #churrasco #barbecue #emcasa"

24 likes, 0 comments - lalapedretti on September 20, 2020: "#fraldinha #skirtsteak #churrasco #barbecue #emcasa"

Oct 26, 2017

This so much. I had a habit of getting a salad buffet at least once a week, at work or in the local supermarket. Those obviously closed down quickly. I couldn't get the exact ingredients but I used to make a caesar salad variation. Since I can't shop daily it's a hassle to get fresh salad now, but last week I had everything delivered and made caesar salad twice. It sucks that I'm replacing all those salads with some form of burger (beef, chicken or sausage) with bread.

Also haven't been able to eat indian since the local place doesn't deliver to me. I can only make some decent tikka masala with sauces available in shops.

ThreePi

Dec 7, 2017
This so much. I had a habit of getting a salad buffet at least once a week, at work or in the local supermarket. Those obviously closed down quickly. I couldn't get the exact ingredients but I used to make a caesar salad variation. Since I can't shop daily it's a hassle to get fresh salad now, but last week I had everything delivered and made caesar salad twice. It sucks that I'm replacing all those salads with some form of burger (beef, chicken or sausage) with bread.

Also haven't been able to eat indian since the local place doesn't deliver to me. I can only make some decent tikka masala with sauces available in shops.

One of the major grocery stores near me reopened their salad bar a month or so ago but it seems like they always have an employee posted there on guard.

Garth2000

Oct 27, 2017
Sorry for the lack of pics (I'm not sure now to do it right....)

I'm gonna have to say good sushi and a big bowl of pho.

I'm not ready to eat in restaurants (despite having no active cases where I live).

Cant get pho delivery, and I tried sushi delivery. The sushi was ok.... Tasty enough, and no adverse effects, but the cold stuff got warm and the hot stuff cooled off so the pleasant mouth feel was gone

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
image__1_.0.png

RIP any access to Chinese hot pot in NYC.
Missing KBBQ and JBBQ too :(

Samoyeti

Oct 27, 2017
Dim sum:

11111111fca49898-8.jpg

har-gow-8.jpg

sm2-700-600x300.jpg

beef+triple+black+souce.jpg

puchong-dimsum-dynasty-dragon-salted-egg.JPG

There's a ton of good dim sum near my area, but it's just not the same when you order take out. I think what I miss the most isn't so much the food as it is the whole package of eating at a restaurant. I miss talking to the people pushing the dim sum carts, I miss sitting at the sushi bar in front of the chef, I miss that atmosphere of sitting near a grill and having a good time with friends while we grill our kbbq (though I can sorta emulate this at home -- just gotta buy soju, meat and prepare some banchan at home and bust out that electric griddle).

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I miss going to Chinese buffets and getting a plate full of sushi.

Covid has turned me into such a germaphobe that I'm not even sure if post-COVID I'll go back to buffets. The idea of touching those spoons to get more food, when who the hell knows how many people have touched them, makes my skin crawl.

dhlt25

Oct 27, 2017
I miss KBBQ, sushi, dimsum and hotpot. Those are the things you need to experience at the store with a group of friends. Takeout is not even close to being the same.