• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
On one hand I love tattoo's and I don't give a shit what people put on their bodies and I hate the "societal expectations" that cause folks with significantly visible tattooing and piercings to have issues looking "respectable" and "professional" leading to problems like finding work - it shouldn't matter - but alas. On the other hand, man do Post's face tats just not work together. Face tats can absolutely work and look good but it takes a decent artist with a good design and when it comes to multiple tats it very rarely works without keeping consistency in the designs. Also don't get filled in face tats people, seriously.

Alright, this got me good. Well done.

Oct 26, 2017
You know what...fuck it. Do what makes you happy. They aren't my cup o' tea, but he clearly likes them. I have nothing negative to say about them.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
5a3040b1-65d9-4be2-847e-afb02fc95f00-large16x9_0531_tattoo.JPG
This guy looks like a Spider-Man villain.

newmoneytrash

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
i think most of them are fine but the saw blade looks bad. it's like a tattoo texture when you create a wrestler in a video game

anyway face tattoos are the new neck tattoos which were the new hand tattoos where people used to make a big fuss about them but now they barely even register with people

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Only reason of why I don't like tattoo's is because people often think you're demonizing them or thinking you're dehumanizing them for saying "I don't like them".

Like, I don't like how that looks, but if you feel great having those in your face, good for you.

Got told I was a "boring prude" when I got asked if I would get a tattoo and replied that I don't like them, should have kept my mouth shut.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If you're gonna get a face tattoo at least plan it out a bit. This suave motherfucker knew what he was doing.
dba6898ac0dc3c183d94df47735f55ff.jpg

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
If you're gonna get a face tattoo at least plan it out a bit. This suave motherfucker knew what he was doing.

Of course he did, that's ta moko, or traditional Māori tattooing. The pattern communicates his social standing in the tribe and family history. Posts tats communicates that he was on some shit and so was the guy who tatted him.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
don't think i'd ever get one but if it's just a little one it can be fine. i mean a tiny little symbol right next to your ear or hairline. and even then i think it can only really be pulled off if the rest of your body is covered and you have not much space left.

this is fine:

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2Fht%2F2015%2F03%2Frich-the-kid-not-sorry-produced-by-travis-barker-0.jpg

but when you start getting writing and more stuff over your face it's too much. travis has got another face tattoo and i think that's where i'd draw the line:

ocr-l-musink-wbox-0303-03-lo.jpg

but then again he is a millionaire and doesn't really have to worry about ever not getting a job because of his tattoos. people think it's cool because he plays in a band.

Katori

Oct 30, 2017
I always wonder, why not pace them out a bit? I have no issue with tats and not even face tats, but this guy is younger than me and almost completely covered. Why not look like that by 44 or 54 instead of 24 so you have more time to think about what really defines you?

Oh right. Drugs.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
"Always Fred". Fucking badass

I met a woman the other day with a facial tattoo. It looked fantastic - both artistic, and tasteful in a formal context. It was a kind of disc, half of which was below her hairline, on her forehead. Kind of a Mayan or Aztec design.

It's not that tattoos (or facial tattoos) are universally tasteless, it's that tattoo aficionados tend to go for that doodles-on-a-notepad aesthetic. It's a distinctively punk aesthetic, which is typically discordant by design.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
He'll have more than enough money to get them removed when he's done picking at the bones and moves on to a full time country career.

OP
OP
Shlice

Shlice

Nov 6, 2017
Quite the commitment to the gimmick

You know, I'm a huge fan of his and watched a lot about him. I was convinced the grill and face tats were just for some kind of street cred or identity to get White Iverson rolling with the rap crowd. He was just a nerdy video game kid, didn't fit.. And the two albums since he's moved more away from Rap and more into his own unique genre so no more need for the corn rows, grills and face tats.

But here we are and he keeps going, so I dunno.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Yeah, I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with face tattoos. I wouldn't want one personally, but I don't think it's wrong for anyone to have one, and some of them even look good. Like those of the gentleman in your pic, or this one, on Oriini Kaipara, who apparently works as a news anchor in New Zealand.
1574991207091.jpg

I do think Post Malone's tats look like shit, though. And not in a cool way either.

Last edited: