• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

How long have you liked Samurai Shodown for?

• Always liked it

Votes: 66 75.0%
  • Didn't care for it before Evo, but now I like it

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Never liked it

Votes: 17 19.3%

• Total voters

bar_bar12

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I never paid much mind to Samurai Shodown until Evo, but after the showing it had I'm really into watching it and thinking about buying it too. I also noticed that a lot of other people didn't care for it much but they are hype for it now.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i have a sealed copy of samsho sen

ive always been there

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
I'll admit I didn't buy it myself but I do think it looks great.

Oct 25, 2017
I was already on board with picking up the PC port when it comes out, but the SamSho top eight was some good shit, Infiltration taking the gold aside, and made me even more excited.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Evo wasn't a factor at all (if anything Infiltration's presence killed my vibe) but Sam Sho 2019 is my first time playing the series with the intention to get good.

I played the first couple in the arcades, rented the janky SNES port of Sam Sho 1993 for a weekend with my cousin, dabbled in the various ports and emulations since. So I've always admired the games from afar. But the new one has me hooked like no other fighting game outside of the Street Fighter series has.

I legit think it's making me a more thoughtful player too.

Lunaray

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm just shallow when it comes to fighting games, but I'm just not a fan of how the game looks.

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
I'm hoping for a Switch version in the future.

Samurai Showdown was already on my radar because of the talks on Easy Allies and Ultra Chen going over what makes this game good. Evo did help increase my interest to the point I started looking up character guides and mechanics overview because the casters were terrible at explaining anything.

FGC need to take some notes from what MLG and TBS did to explain shit.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
SNK has always and will always be my favorite and the Samurai Shodown series is one of the big reasons. No matter what I would have been all in but the love that it is getting makes me stupid happy

monstar

Oct 25, 2017
As a casual fan I watched and thought, "hey maybe I could actually be halfway decent at this. I wouldn't have to learn any 20 hit combos."

I don't want to jump in at $60 though

NeroPaige

Jan 8, 2018
I got put off from the PC delay, so gonna skip it altogether. I like that it's doing good though, although we don't have any hard sales numbers to see for ourselves.

Jun 22, 2019
This was my first SamSho and I think it's a ton of fun and will keep on playing it for the foreseeable future.

EVO ended up dampening my excitement for the game, however, because neither the event nor SNK wanted to ban a domestic abuser from entering.

Besides that, I think even top-level players aren't that much fun to watch. The game is a blast to play but isn't the best when it comes to spectating in my opinion.

ClearMetal

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Wasn't that interested in the game before and still ain't now, from what (admittedly little) I saw. I won't lie, it looks kind of boring.

Though like other fighting games I might appreciate it more if I had played it myself, if only a little bit. It gives you the ability to better process what is happening on screen and why players make the decisions and use the moves they do, which in turn makes it more interesting to watch. This might be especially true for SamSho because it can't just rely on flashy shit the way a Mortal Kombat or a DB FighterZ can. So I do plan on picking it up when it has dropped in price.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I don't like the game's aesthetics and flow. Evo didn't change that.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not really. Four genjuros in top 8 made me care less than I already did. Made me want to see what they do with balance updates, though.

IMBCIT

Oct 27, 2017
I'm being cheap so I am still waiting for a sale.

Interested in the balance of the game too because Genjuro.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I've been a SNK fan since Art of Fighting and I had the chance to play every Samurai Shodown released on arcades back then, even the ones released on HNG64. Waiting for the PC port to buy it myself.

I don't understand the Genjuro hate, early SFV had nothing but Nash players and DBFZ is nothing but Goku teams. I think some people just wanted SS to fail.