• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 11, 2018
With Metroid finally back in the spotlight after so long, I've been going back and listening to some of the incredible OST that have graced the series over the years. Everything from delicate moody ambience to driving industrial loops, Metroid has one of the most unique approaches to music. Feel free to post covers and remixes as well. Here are just a few of my favorites!

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018
Solitude (Tallon Overworld 2 remix) - zicron & C-GPO

My favorite Metroid remix and my third favorite song.

Vark

Oct 27, 2017
The first time I heard the original Metroid soundtrack through the disc drive with the extra sound hardware was eye opening.

May 14, 2021
As a huge fan of Metroid and its music and sounds, I highly recommend the Returnal soundtrack if you're looking for music obviously inspired by Metroid. Can't wait to see what new music comes from Dread.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Tallon Overworld 2 is the first song that comes to mind when I think of Metroid Prime.

And contender for best track in the series. The Smash Melee version is fantastic, too.

SoH

Oct 25, 2017
While I will obviously always love the originals I do also enjoy the various msu1 mods to mix things up for your next playthrough.

Jump forward a few minutes

DinoBlaster

Feb 18, 2020
Everyone knows about Phendrana Drifts, but there's a remix of that theme later in the game that is one of the grooviest video game songs I've ever heard:

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Luminist's synthesized Metroid music is god-tier:

www.youtube.com

Metroid - Brinstar (Analog Synth remake)

I wanted to find out what the original NES Metroid soundtrack would be like if it was remade with REAL synths. Here's the Ending.-Now available for download ...
Came to post this.

But also this one:

And this orchestral version of Samus' theme (there are several more orchestral renditions of this theme which are also great):

ForthU

Oct 27, 2017
mandatory in every Metroid music thread

I had been looking for this tune(the MSR remix, actually) for over 3 years until a couple weeks ago. Some weeks after playing MSR I had the remixed red soil theme in my head, I went to listen again the ost of the games I had played at the time but for some reason I overlooked MSR. Then a couple weeks ago I went to listen some old Metroid tracks on yt and when I heard this one, even though all I had was a brief memory of a remix I heard over 3 years ago, I went in "OH SHIT" mode immediately

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017

Also I'm gonna say I will be extremely disappointed if Prime 4 goes the silent title screen route like BotW…. All three prime games have amazing title screen music

JangleLuke

Oct 4, 2018
youtu.be

Lower Brinstar - Metroid: Samus Returns Music Extended

MY LINKS:â—ŹMain channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AacroXâ—ŹBackup music channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv3dAPelazVSfQVOKB0y8Pwâ—ŹSupport me with Brave...
Heavenly remix of the Lower Brinstar/Torvus Bog Subterranean themes

youtu.be

Metroid: Samus Returns Music - Magmoor Caverns

Original music from the 3DS game:"Metroid: Samus Returns" [2017]
Love the sheer ferociousness of this one.

A bit of a deeper cut but quality nonetheless

wwm0nkey

Oct 25, 2017
Not official, but a local band I discovered at a random bar show is working on a Metroid album lol

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
In a thread about Metroid music I'm gonna boost how, while it may not be pleasant to listen to, Prime 2's dark world music is expertly crafted at selling the atmosphere of the dark world.

Here's normal torvus and dark torvus

the dark worlds minor shift, ominous chanting like sound effects, constant interruptions with those little crashes.

It makes it so, even late game when you're well equipped for the dark world, it always feels like an unsettling, alien and creepy place that makes you think "I shouldn't be here." Which is especially an accomplishment when you consider that most Metroid's are already lonely and isolated and dangerous

OP
OP
TheSpaceBetween
Jan 11, 2018
In a thread about Metroid music I'm gonna boost how, while it may not be pleasant to listen to, Prime 2's dark world music is expertly crafted at selling the atmosphere of the dark world.

Here's normal torvus and dark torvus

the dark worlds minor shift, ominous chanting like sound effects, constant interruptions with those little crashes.

It makes it so, even late game when you're well equipped for the dark world, it always feels like an unsettling, alien and creepy place that makes you think "I shouldn't be here." Which is especially an accomplishment when you consider that most Metroid's are already lonely and isolated and dangerous

The approach to the Dark World music in Prime 2 reminded me a bit of how they did the music for the original Metroid 2 on Gameboy. As you said, not pleasant to listen to really, but very effective at creating a dreadful (ha) atmosphere. It's very amelodic and more noise driven. I especially like how they actually did keep aspects of the corresponding Light World theme and integrated it into a different context.