• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty rude to be honest.

I'm not saying it has to be "spoonfed", I'm saying that the fact it's something shown for so little time and isnt something simple takes away from the joke for me.

Also, the joke just raises further questions that make it seem like a joke made for the sake of it rather than it thematically making sense.

'The joke is that this seeds and feeds shop used to be called sucks and fucks so it must have been some sort of sex shop or brothel'

It's a tenuous premise that is not simple enough to get an instinctive laugh and is also so convoluted that it isn't just some easy, throwaway joke.
I have never seen anyone get so angry at a 2 second joke they didn't get

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
UGpi6bjihc1_yYt4KV9ACyHdKcU=.gif
This one continues to crack me up more than it should because Judge Eyes/Lost Judgment have a heat move that basically has you do the same finisher (the fire hydrant bit) on goons. I cant not laugh every time I do that move.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
User threadbanned: Persistent thread derailment over a series of posts
I have never seen anyone get so angry at a 2 second joke they didn't get
I got the joke and have seen it for years.

My point was that every time it gets brought up, you always have people who don't understand it and have to have it explained.

I'm also not angry at the joke, I simply said it was overrated and then had people calling me miserable and saying I was angry at the joke.

Nov 4, 2017
Homer applying makeup to Marge

l1bEDKTnwzRFnV2V9IqfgIgZ0gA=.gif

Homer telling marge he's got a surprise for her

iVSrg-1tcG5hDfIIzZOL_WTktYU=.gif

Basically, whenever he tells Marge to close her eyes ...
I think The Cartridge Family is one of my favourite episodes ever, mainly just for this gag:

Ko6Axk.gif

I think Lisa the Vegetarian might be the best episode ever though. It's at least the most quoted/quotable. 25 years later, this still kills me:

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I needed this thread after seeing a certain clamation of the Simpsons on Reddit yesterday...

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Exactly.
It's forced and not in Simpsons' style.
I don't think it's forced and I do think it's in the vain of multiple Simpsons' jokes. The show joked about glory holes for fuck's sake lmao

There's many darker jokes mentioned throughout the series. Which is what made the show popular with adults in the first place.

Don't think I'll ever understand the shit this joke gets. It's on for half-a-second, too lol

At least you admit it's a joke unlike many online.

Zeshakag

Oct 28, 2017
This thread actually elevated the Chuck's gag for me. I liked it for the little timing, kind of like... "long title", followed by "short thing". Then I read this thread, and I was like "oh, suck and fuck", then it got me to laugh at myself because no, it would still just be Chuck's.

Issa good joke.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
I got the joke and have seen it for years.

My point was that every time it gets brought up, you always have people who don't understand it and have to have it explained.

I'm also not angry at the joke, I simply said it was overrated and then had people calling me miserable and saying I was angry at the joke.
You're right, it is overrated. You have my sword!

AblD.gif