• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TriceraPops

Oct 25, 2017
crying-sobbing.gif
I see this all the time, but have no idea where it's from. ??

Cana

▲ Legend ▲
Mar 27, 2021
This doesnt count yet, but it will once this gets a new anime!

8l4ftjku9uf31.jpg

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
adventurespacetimetearjerker.png

This one when David Tennant does it, is terrible.
When David Bradley does it, i lose it everytime.

Same with this
maxresdefault.jpg

Kor of Memory

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Fucckkkkkkkkk Youuuuuuuuu (Not really of course). Dammit this series destroyed me.

I don't think I smiled in 4 months reading through all of this. And the whole reason I even found this was from a stray avatar on this site years ago.

This is the moment that always gets me:
latest

Farscape is always my number 1 answer for a "hidden gem" show. It's such good sci-fi and just constantly picks up momentum as it goes. Regarding this scene in particular. I love that it calls back to the very beginning of Season 2 when John is teaching Dargo how to play the game and Dargo refusing to accept that paper beats rock.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile

ffffffuuuuuuuuck 😭

the music in the background of this scene makes it even sadder. I remember reading Zimmer composed that melody thinking about his own father dying when he was a kid, so the composition (and probably the whole score) was sort of a requiem towards him. It certainly feels that way - the emotional moments in that soundtrack hit really hard.

SilkySm00th

Oct 31, 2017
I love this movie but I always have to fast forward this scene.

If it makes ya'll feel any better there are BTS interviews where they talk about how this kid and his dad came in - total unknowns of course, no fanfare - he shoots this scene and all the vamp actors were having a pretty rough time with it (understandably) but the kid hops up the moment they call cut, struts over to his dad and gives him a big high five!!

I can't help but imagine that dad at home like "We're gonna traumatize these fuckin actors, my man. Now scream like you're being pulled apart again - that was great!" lol

Deleted member 2595

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh no. I'm not sure what movie/scene you are referring to but this isn't it. It's from Doctor Sleep.
There is a group of "vampires" (for lack of a better term) that feed off fear. They torture and end up killing a young boy they had kidnapped during this scene. It's just so well acted by the kid that it's hard to watch.
Ah nice! Doctor Sleep is a little underrated imo, for these few great moments in it.

I'm referring to a fairly obscure Belgian film called… Bullhead. Horrible pivotal scene where we discover the protagonist shoots testosterone because when he was a child his testicles were crushed with a rock by a sociopathic bully . Traumatic stuff in an otherwise just ok movie, the cinematography is very similar to the scene you posted.

jtmmachine

Nov 2, 2020

Everything Everywhere All at Once. "So, Even Though You Have Broken My Heart Yet Again, I Wanted To Say, In Another Life, I Would Have Really Liked Just Doing Laundry And Taxes With You."

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Cm400zs.png

The closing shot of the episode of Fresh Prince where Will's dad leaves him again, and he's embraced by Uncle Phil.