• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I'm potentially in for $260.
I was worried they'd price these too cheap and have the sound and build quality to match.
Been looking to get rid of my Sony WF-1000X and I hope these are gonna do it.

OP
OP
signal

signal

Oct 28, 2017
I just honestly would never buy headphones of any kind that don't have Apple's W-series chip innovation in them. It changed the game in wireless pairing so I have no interest in other earbuds people suggest.
25 cents have been deposited into your Apple ID account

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
I just honestly would never buy headphones of any kind that don't have Apple's W-series chip innovation in them. It changed the game in wireless pairing so I have no interest in other earbuds people suggest.

That works great if you're in Apple's ecosystem. However, for people like me, it's pretty much useless. The only Apple product I use on a consistent basis is the 10yr old Macbook Pro I'm typing this post on (got it for free and it's a fantasic netbook device).

If you're not fully invested in Apple's ecosystem, the W-series chip is basically useless (although I do like the technology behind it).

Ashhong

Oct 26, 2017
That works great if you're in Apple's ecosystem. However, for people like me, it's pretty much useless. The only Apple product I use on a consistent basis is the 10yr old Macbook Pro I'm typing this post on (got it for free and it's a fantasic netbook device).

If you're not fully invested in Apple's ecosystem, the W-series chip is basically useless (although I do like the technology behind it).
If you're not in the Apple ecosystem I see no reason to get the AirPods over alternative options. I love my ticpods which are like an AirPod pro, but without the H1 chip.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Not coin pocket compatible I assume - they'd be bigger and need bigger battery in the case probably

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
whatg9jdh.png

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
$260 is steep but I'm finally in the market for true wireless in-ears. I think it's going to be either these, the Jabra Elite 75t, or the Echo Buds. All of them come out at the end of the month so I'm eager to see what reviews are like.

CosmicGP

Oct 28, 2017
Black? My goodness I might really become a high level apple sheep complete with their phone, ipod and mac.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017

oh no - black ones? Bastards. Why they never do regular AirPods in other colours

have to stay strong unless I can sell my series2 for a good price. Noise cancelling on the train would be good, but also they look too big for coin pocket convenience which isn't great

If there are multiple modes I hope they add controls to Apple Watch now playing screen so I don't need to dig my phone out

Glenn

Oct 27, 2017
Yea I'm in. I'm tired of hearing nothing but train tracks during my commute. My current airpods also only last 2 hours before dying so I'm due an update.

I'm surprised they're doing colours though. I notice a ton of airpods daily just because how visible that white is. You'd think Apple would wanna keep that brand visibility

Last edited:

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
I'm in for these. Airpods are some of the only "truly wireless" earbuds that seem like they're worth the money in terms of convenience, audio quality, and connectivity for the money. But I despise the design of them.

An actual in-ear design would make these my perfect on the go audio solution