• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing an open world like SotC with highly detailed locations we are traveling to sprinkled throughout.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
This is what I'm expecting. Dark Souls but a bigger world to explore, nothing too crazy. And throughout the world you have places like castles which contain interconnected level designs

While I know it's not going to be anywhere near as expansive as something like a TES game, my "dream game" was to have a map that was as large as the one in Oblivion or Skyrim that has actually unique dungeons instead of just a bunch of copy/paste tilesets and with combat and encounters that were either like Dragon's Dogma, or any of the Souls games. When they announced this game, I thought "close enough for now". I also don't expect FS to do the typical AAA garbage map that's either completely full of filler like 99% of every open-world game, or the other 1% that's nothing but tons of negative space where there's nothing to do for long stretches at a time.

This depends a lot on how they tackle the open-world. Level design was always one of the strong points of the series. Converting that to a massive open-world seems ... challenging.

Creating what essentially became a new genre was challenging I'm sure, and that already did that...
I don't really see this being something too ambitious for them, especially because I also don't expect it to be like a typical open-world map size anyway. Closer to something like TTP maybe.

Last edited:

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
"Imagine you fight with a Boss from day to night, he said, and the weather changes from sunny to thunderous."

I don't get how this would work unless boss fights are like 30 minutes long.

My guess - you die and the day/night cycle moves on so you fight the same boss in different weather conditions until you get through.

Cokesouls

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
This seems legit, given the previous credibility of the source and inability to reverse trace the images to anything else

But maybe I'll just believe anything at this point

oOoOoOoOOOooOoOhhhhhh

It won't be. Miyazaki has explicitly said this is an evolution of the Souls formula.

Which I'm very happy for, as Sekiro, to me, was FROM's low point in their modern games.
Dark Souls 2 was Froms low point in their modern games.

Kongo B

Sep 8, 2019
Europe
20201229174648.png

That's some Berserk Apostle shit right there

synaesthesiaJP

Verified
Feb 20, 2018
I normally don't post, but I nearly shot coffee out of my nose on this thread. A Japanese developed game with over a year of polish phase? FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SunshinePuppies

One Winged Slayer
Nov 14, 2020
Nope. Dark Souls 2 was their second best game after DkS3, to me. I resent that they spent any time at all making Sekiro.

With that said, it's still a fantastic game and better than 99% of games out there.
What's wrong with Sekiro? I finished it a week or two ago, it's my favorite FS game in terms of combat (having played all of their souls games).
It felt very fair and leveling up provided no significant change in how you play the game, which is nice because that means busier folk don't have to grind, which I really welcomed.
"Resent" is a very strong word that almost implies that you actively dislike it, rather than just not liking the game. I'm not sure if there's a game that I actively dislike, but maybe I can think of a few if I used the energy

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Nope. Dark Souls 2 was their second best game after DkS3, to me. I resent that they spent any time at all making Sekiro.

With that said, it's still a fantastic game and better than 99% of games out there.
You resent them taking their time on making a game they wanted to make?! WTF?!

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Sekiro™: Resentments Die Twice

GotY2019 for me. Fun plat too apart for those last few skills.
---
Hope it's real... but also hope for Patches!