• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

labx

Oct 25, 2017
Medellín, Colombia
We don't know. But they are really elaborate and real-looking.

The bulletpoints we don't know either, but they're more like your usual bullshit rumours that know little, very specific details while others that should be more easily identifiable aren't even brought up.

It could just be that it's a world inspired by those concepts. After all, fictional settings are always influenced by real life stuff (sometimes very obviously), GRRM included.

In any case, I really don't put much trust in those words (the images, maybe).

And I too remember comments about this not being Norse-inspired or whatever (that was a big rumour some time before E3 2019 iirc).

Yes, in this IGN article you can read Martin's involvement. Miyazaki is going to make the plot and lore and Martin is going to make the mythology.

The collaboration started by Miyazaki explaining Elden Ring's main theme. With a mutual understanding of the game's concept, Miyazaki wrote the main story while Martin is responsible for the world's mythology.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
Not saying it's legit or fake but being based on the world tree doesn't necessarly mean that the game it's about norse myth.
The elden ring itself seems to work like Yggdrasil by the look of it, it's the root of the world/universe and everything that exists in it.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yawn. Gonna wait for a trailer because nothing listed here is making me excited.

knight_cream

Jun 11, 2018
NYC
Not saying it's legit or fake but being based on the world tree doesn't necessarly mean that the game it's about norse myth.
The elden ring itself seems to work like Yggdrasil by the look of it, it's the root of the world/universe and everything that exists in it.

that's what i was thinking. i'm wondering how accurate the translation is, things can get misconstrued so easily. celtic makes sense, especially since omni clearly mentioned scotland as a source of inspiration.

also absolutely love the serpent monstrosity. totally believe the art is real.

JudgmentJay

Nov 14, 2017
Texas

Yeah, this. "The game's world is based on the World Tree" is very different from "The game is based on Norse mythology".

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
Pics look real, but who knows. The conjecture and rumor mongering surrounding From games is always really annoying.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Gw0Px.gif

Jingo

Banned
Dec 10, 2017
This is nothing, hopefully e3 will give us some insight on the game development.

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Mixing norse mythology with cthulhu?
giphy.gif

Just use norse mythos. There's plenty to work with there without resorting to aliens

Dec 6, 2017
US
Bloodborne is the most demo-level death metal game I've ever played, even the staff shirts and some of the official shirts look like death metal shirt designs.

Hell, there's a popular death metal band named Tomb Mold now.

Bloodborne was basically the actual most Metal game ever, like underground late 80's and early 90's Black/Death Metal depths of Metal in lieu of 'lol headbanging and solos' ironic indie game Metal.

On topic and regarding the leak: it's kind of a big shrug to me right now, I'll believe anything about Elden Ring when I see it at this point. I'm a borderline From fanboy and even I don't really care about anything but gameplay footage anymore.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
On topic and regarding the leak: it's kind of a big shrug to me right now, I'll believe anything about Elden Ring when I see it at this point. I'm a borderline From fanboy and even I don't really care about anything but gameplay footage anymore.
As it should be. These list leaks never do the games any justice. It just reads like a bunch of throwback fan service stuff and generalizes everything down to the most basic level. We all know how much love and care they put into literally everything in their games. Seeing the thing in motion is my next get hyped moment.

leon9506

Aug 31, 2018
"The game development stage has been completed in the first half of 2020 and is now in the polishing stage. The game will be released in 2021, he's pretty sure. It's possible to see a new trailer after the Japanese New Year."

So Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne, Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro launched at march in their respective years (2014, 2015, 2016, 2019) but between Dark Souls 3 and Sekiro are 3 years in between. So 3 years to design Sekiro but in only one year (2019 to first halft 2020) to develop a more open and complex world game?

I don't know.
er started development in early 2017,preproduction in 2016

Fredo

Oct 30, 2017
That snake demon is like when a python dies from swallowing too big a prey, except they somehow merged and lived on.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I wish we had more Death Metal shit in games tbh.
Bloodborne was basically the actual most Metal game ever, like underground late 80's and early 90's Black/Death Metal depths of Metal in lieu of 'lol headbanging and solos' ironic indie game Metal.

I've been playing this lately actually...

The soundtrack is also bona fide extreme metal composed by an ex-Celtic Frost member too :)

Last edited:

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
An outside leaker knowing about Patches being present or not feels very unlikely.
This is what set my BS meter off too. Either you know Patches is in or he isnt. Being vague about it does not make any sense if you stop and think about it.

Also this has to be one of the most underwhelming leaks or just someone trying to rethread old ground because it makes them seem more credible. Everything just screams Dark Souls 4.0.....boring zzz.

Maybe it works out better when the game gets revealed and we know how the game functions but I was hoping they might try some new ideas for ER, assuming this leak is legit.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Do we think this will still be launching on the PS4 and Xbox One or did this move to next-gen? I have a PS5 so it's not a big deal but is an interesting question imo.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Do we think this will still be launching on the PS4 and Xbox One or did this move to next-gen? I have a PS5 so it's not a big deal but is an interesting question imo.
No news about platforms, but I really really doubt they'd abandon the last-gen versions, at the very least. It'll probably be either last-gen, or cross-gen.

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No news about platforms, but I really really doubt they'd abandon the last-gen versions, at the very least. It'll probably be either last-gen, or cross-gen.
Please no Dark Souls 2 situation. It hurt the game really to not have a next-gen version ready at launch.

NIV093

May 31, 2019
Yeah in my opinion I think those images look exactly like the concept art from the Dark souls 3/ Blooborne/Sekiro artbooks. Also the red headed warrior is actually from the trailer, I've looked online and I can't find any fan art that looks like that. It's too detailed. I feel like a fan art woudn't include all the minute details of the armor / give him two swords/ and the depict horse in the way its framed in the leaked image either. This character was also only in the trailer for like a second. The bullet point stuff just sounds like vague guess work.

Last edited:

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Yeah in my opinion I think those images look exactly like the concept art from the Dark souls 3/ Blooborne/Sekiro artbooks. Also the red headed warrior is actually from the trailer, I've looked online and I can't find any fan art that looks like that. It's too detailed. I feel like a fan art woudn't include all the minute details of the armor and the horse in the way its framed in the leaked image either. The bullet point stuff just sounds like vague guess work.
I actually think it doesn't quite resemble what we are used to seeing. While the designs are rad they look like very early drafts. Not quite final art you find in their artbooks. Maybe it's the low quality that's messing with my perception of them.

NIV093

May 31, 2019
I actually think it doesn't quite resemble what we are used to seeing. While the designs are rad they look like very early drafts. Not quite final art you find in their artbooks. Maybe it's the low quality that's messing with my perception of them.
Yeah? idk to me they both look like something out of the dark souls 3 artbook. Also the low quality rough draft aspect that you mentioned actually convinces me its real. If you look at the warrior art its actually quite detailed and almost looks like a mockup of a battle scene. I feel like a fan art of this on artstation or twitter wouldn't depict this scene of this giant warrior fighting the fish helmet horse warrior in this way. They would most likely give the giant one sword as he has one in the trailer and more accurately portray the horse knight clashing with the giant as we see in the trailer like this. https://preview.redd.it/h9gsmh863p4...bp&s=89d5bf19315a4f8d8d5411d93491a01b0b160be4. It just looks too official to be a fan art to me. https://i.4cdn.org/v/1609266235366.png

Jul 20, 2020
Based on whats describe legit sounds like the best game ever. Dark Souls bosses withy dynamic day night and weather going to produce the most epic moments in gaming. But I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Not to go too far off topic but, how is it? I've seen it around but thought Slain kind of sucked so I never gave this a shot.
I liked Slain (the "Back from Hell" edition) myself, but this game improves on it in every way. The level design is much stronger, enemy variety is greater, there's solid weapon variety, etc. Basically a heavy metal themed Contra type of game. I'm terrible at it, and haven't finished yet, but I'm having a good time. Music is dope too!

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Yeah? idk to me they both look like something out of the dark souls 3 artbook. Also the low quality rough draft aspect that you mentioned actually convinces me its real. If you look at the warrior art its actually quite detailed and almost looks like a mockup of a battle scene. I feel like a fan art of this on artstation or twitter wouldn't depict this scene of this giant warrior fighting the fish helmet horse warrior in this way. They would most likely give the giant one sword as he has one in the trailer and more accurately portray the horse knight clashing with the giant as we see in the trailer like this. https://preview.redd.it/h9gsmh863p4...bp&s=89d5bf19315a4f8d8d5411d93491a01b0b160be4. It just looks too official to be a fan art to me.
Oh for sure, not saying it's fan art. It's probably the small size and low res that's throwing me off. It's something about the composition of them and with those backdrops that makes me think they were either early sketches or intended for something else than to be showcased in an artbook. The only thing I'm questioning about this whole thing are those bullet points.

Zaki2407

May 6, 2018
Solid ~30fps on last gen consoles.
Lock 60fps on next gen consoles (backward compatible).
By the time this game comes out, most of the player will play it on next gen consoles right?

NIV093

May 31, 2019
Oh for sure, not saying it's fan art. It's probably the small size and low res that's throwing me off. It's something about the composition of them and with those backdrops that makes me think they were either early sketches or intended for something else than to be showcased in an artbook. The only thing I'm questioning about this whole thing are those bullet points.
Yeah I see what you mean for sure. I guess I mean the art direction/ style of those pics just scream peak Fromsoft. Like unless someone finds a link to an artstation that has these I'm convinced it's real. The grosteque crowned king whos like fused with a snake also somewhat tonally reminds me of the crowned figure with green robes and multiple arms bursting out of them from the Elden Ring trailer. https://preview.redd.it/p3wyhmeau98...bp&s=5490fbc8a80cc8f6b9d6970b593211eca37c9eb4 . yeah the bulletpoint stuff is too vague and just appear to be guesses but I'm just hyped from the pictures.

Leofet

Jun 6, 2018
The concept art is real.
The written information about Yggdrasil? Who knows.
But take a look at the teaser trailer again from 570 days ago... and in the first scene you'll notice some tree rings on the platform where the person is hammering... Oh, is that tree bark in the background too?

The hype is real. I've been fulfilled more than I have leading up to Cyberpunk 2077, and I waited the full 8 years for that game.