• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
upscaled with AI from u/Feltenball on reddit.
9gxrf6iwb6861.png

It really is an apostle!

Soriku

Nov 12, 2017
Concept art looks legit to me. The bullet points are vague/safe but not unbelievable. So maybe, maybe not but I'll buy the artwork for now.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Snake abomination art also features shed snake skin on the bottom of the art, not a minor detail and makes it more believable to be original stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
The snake dude looks like a Mibu/Bloodborne version of the infested senpou NPC from Sekiro, I really love that design. If it's not real, I hope someone finds the artist because I'd love to take at look at their stuff.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
The Norse/Celtic line gives it away as some lousy fake.

Sigh, stop doing this to yourselves, everyone...

Omni has a questionable track record.
lol no
He's been the only one who has been consistently reliable when it comes to From Software news.

Omni said Sekiro was getting zero new content. It got a very large update with a good amount of new shit in it.
This is incorrect. He actually said there would be no expansion/DLC, but he actually did tell me, personally, about the boss rush patch long before it came out, too. You're flat out wrog.

Is Norse stuff confirmed? If so.. ugh.. it feels like the boat has already set sail on that.
It was confirmed to be bullshit

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I am not gonna believe some bullet points, even DS2 had leaked artwork from someone's porfolio so i can believe art leaking before infos about the game.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
  1. The modeling of enemies is more complex, and there will be cthulu-style enemies similar to bloodborne.
r342s97imsb51.gif

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
That 2nd art is creepy af, a big snake with human limbs attached? Big nope, burn it with fire.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
The Norse/Celtic line gives it away as some lousy fake.

Sigh, stop doing this to yourselves, everyone...

lol no
He's been the only one who has been consistently reliable when it comes to From Software news.

This is incorrect. He actually said there would be no expansion/DLC, but he actually did tell me, personally, about the boss rush patch long before it came out, too. You're flat out wrog.

It was confirmed to be bullshit

great post Morrigan!!

thanks for the insight :)

Mar 22, 2019
Beginning to hope/think its a trailer drop at E3 with release date then we see it in March/April if indeed its been in polishing stage the second half of 2020...

Oct 25, 2017
I also don't believe the details, but to be fair he did just say "based on the world tree", that's a pretty generic inspiration to have. Nobody would say Dark Souls is a Norse Mythology game, and yet it has stuff inspired on it and other mythologies as well. We do know the game had the working title Great Rune at some point, too.

Omni always shot down claims that it was a Norse Mythology game, never that they weren't taking any inspiration from it whatsoever, as far as I can recall. This won't be a God of War style story, but a world inspired by the Yggdrasil seems to be a fairly standard concept that could happen without even direct inspiration from the mythology as a whole.

That 2nd art is creepy af, a big snake with human limbs attached? Big nope, burn it with fire.
Going by the looks of it, you should probably go with Bolt Paper or Divine Confetti instead of fire. :P

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You could say that just by talking about the concept art if that's all he got. Real art, maybe not so substantive info.
Maybe, but i'm tended to believe it because that's more of a real leak that the cryptic bullshit other so called "leakers" shared it since this game's announcement.

Mirev

Jun 8, 2018
"The game development stage has been completed in the first half of 2020 and is now in the polishing stage. The game will be released in 2021, he's pretty sure. It's possible to see a new trailer after the Japanese New Year."

This confirms the thread of some days ago about Everyeye's livestream on Twitch

JoJokomoko

May 31, 2019
Thailand
The concept arts got to be real, the style is just WAY too similar to the art of DS3. It just ooze Fromsoft design.

As for the bulletpoints, I'm not so sure about that.

Havel

Oct 25, 2017
The info is as vague as possible as to be completely meaningless. Most of this info could be deduced easily from any From Soft fan (patches may appear again, crestfallen dude, will probably release in 2021), and a lot of the info we already know (Dark Souls gameplay but with a larger map).

Odeko

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Mar 22, 2018
West Blue
I don't believe any leak that starts with "this game references Celtic and Norse mythology"

That might very well be true, but it's a bizarre element to list in a leak. Imagine if someone were giving leaks about Dark Souls before it came out and one of those was "there's a lot of references to Welsh mythology in some of the boss designs."

That's just such an obscure design detail that would require a specific knowledge set, access to the full game, and a bit of analysis to put together. Why wouldn't you instead say "there's a boss that looks like Cernunnos" or whatever it was specifically that gave that impression?

Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe any leak that starts with "this game references Celtic and Norse mythology"

That might very well be true, but it's a bizarre element to list in a leak. Imagine if someone were giving leaks about Dark Souls before it came out and one of those was "there's a lot of references to Welsh mythology in some of the boss designs."

That's just such an obscure design detail that would require a specific knowledge set, access to the full game, and a bit of analysis to put together. Why wouldn't you instead say "there's a boss that looks like Cernunnos" or whatever it was specifically that gave that impression?
Agreed. Particularly so knowing that Miyazaki's approach to design leaves things like story for later on. Much like how Sekiro was a game about swords clashing before it was a game about immortals.

Ironically, we had a "thematic concept" leak for Sekiro as well, which turned out to be wrong, which was that it was a spiritual successor to Kuon.

labx

Oct 25, 2017
Medellín, Colombia
The game world is based on the world tree from Norse mythology, and also references something from Celtic mythology

ehhhhhhhh doubt.gif. Isn't this game based on a world created by George R. R. Martin?

Cugel

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 7, 2017
The game world is based on the world tree from Norse mythology, and also references something from Celtic mythology

ehhhhhhhh doubt.gif. Isn't this game based on a world created by George R. R. Martin?
Yes plus Omni expressly mentioned it's not Really Norse

Tornak

Feb 7, 2018
We don't know. But they are really elaborate and real-looking.

The bulletpoints we don't know either, but they're more like your usual bullshit rumours that know little, very specific details while others that should be more easily identifiable aren't even brought up.

It could just be that it's a world inspired by those concepts. After all, fictional settings are always influenced by real life stuff (sometimes very overtly), GRRM included.

In any case, I really don't put much trust in those words (the images, maybe).

And I too remember comments about this not being Norse-inspired or whatever (that was a big rumour some time before E3 2019 iirc).

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not in love with that art either tbh

Choosing to believe its fake as it sounds very safe and unambitious.

MaxAugust

Jan 28, 2018

Martin loves his mythology so those things are in no way mutually exclusive. In fact, it probably makes them more likely to be real.