• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What does P5R stands for?

• Persona 5 Racing All Night

Votes: 76 26.5%
  • Persona 5 Return of Teddie

Votes: 26 9.1%
  • Persona 5 RSteak

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • Metroid Prime 4

Votes: 119 41.5%
  • Shinjiro was the best Persona character and here's my 250 pages long essay about why.

Votes: 31 10.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Villain

Oct 27, 2017
What indication has there been other than the domains that there will be an announcement?

Going by the patterns in the OP wouldn't an announcement during one of the Lives make more sense?

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What indication has there been other than the domains that there will be an announcement?

Going by the patterns in the OP wouldn't an announcement during one of the Lives make more sense?
The website was updated right around the time a Persona 5 anime special is airing.

Mystic also seems to be saying to be expecting an announcement.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Well, that's the thing. He strongly implied he knows for sure it's an exclusive, talking about games which get updated and ported to new consoles leaving out the original console. But then he says it might not be the case. He contradicts himself several times in the past week already.
Could you link me to posts/tweets where he insists or heavily suggests that the game would be exclusive? I can't find them.
I don't get it. Isn't him sharing his info right now and proven correct later a good thing? Especially if he indeed has correct info.
This would require that his sources have full visibility to every piece of information about the game. For example, consider that his source has marketing materials for the game, which only mention Switch. But you cannot be sure that therefore there wouldn't be a PS4 version in addition to the Switch version: maybe the marketing material was provided in communication with Nintendo or something. In that case, he would need to reveal that he has marketing material for Persona 5 handed down from Atlus/SEGA to someone working for Nintendo marketing in order to provide the evidence for the caveats he has given. But that could narrow the set of possible sources down considerably, and put the source in danger, which is exactly what you don't want to do as a leaker. We get to judge him on the leaks that he puts out. It's up to you whether you consider it a leak or an "educated guess", but leakers typically shouldn't put out all the info they have since it might have considerable consequences for someone.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
so every company can treat switch owners like shit (see: EA, Capcom) but Atlus is "playing with people's trust" if they put an exclusive on that thing?

Interesting.
giphy.gif

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's Persona 5 for PS4 and Switch with added extras but P5 was such a slog to get through I would not touch it again unless they heavily trimmed the base content.

Deleted member 3700

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
One really annoying thing about Atlus is how they spread all the Persona games and spin offs across multiple platforms.
P4G on the Vita, P4A and P4U on the PS3 and PQ on the 3DS,the fuck are people invested in your franchise supposed to keep up? should the spend another 300$ on your whim? Do they spin a wheel to decide what platform you need to follow this series? Is the Ouya on that wheel?

They of making it available on the most platforms and make purchasing thier games easy and convenient but they choose the more asinine route off being completely irratic.

I have friends who still havent played the masterpiece that is P4G because its only on the Vita.

God dammit Atlus.
That is me. I played P3P and loved it. But I just can't bring myself to buy a hardware just for it.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
It stated "Imagine if Atlus announced P5R for PS4 first with Dark Sun, and then P5S for Switch with Stars and Ours in March."

Honestly it would be terrible, the best thing would be to announce together so that everyone can buy the version on the platform he prefers, unless it's exclusive of course, but otherwise why should they do separate announcement?

FrostyLemon

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't get it. Isn't him sharing his info right now and proven correct later a good thing? Especially if he indeed has correct info.

I mean yeah but it's risky and people will jump on it if you get something wrong. I had info about Dark Souls Remastered for a few months before it was announced and when I 'confirmed' its existence I only had concrete info about it being on PS4 at the time, but I was confident it would be coming to Switch too and shared that with people. Luckily a mod backed me up and it was announced later that day, but imagine if the Switch port got delayed (which eventually happened) and they didn't announce it at the jauary direct? People would think I just made it up. Last minute changes can make some information look false, even though at the time it was correct.

haolee510

Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Plans can change at the last minute. Calling someone into doubt because they won't share all the toys now isn't going to make them react how you like. I'm confident what they're holding is accurate to the best of their knowledge. Whether plans have shifted on the Atlus side, who knows?
See, I wouldn't have a problem with that. It's just that he seems to be saying "I know for sure it's A, not B" then adding "It might not be just A". IMO it's better if he just says "to the best of my knowledge it's A".

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
Did you delete it because it might be misconstrued as you communicating something about the announcement? 😛
Yep. People are assuming that's me stating something I know, when it isn't. It's mainly a joke, but people are taking it as a "contradiction" even though I wouldn't be in the position to know what or if something is being announced in March.

See, I wouldn't have a problem with that. It's just that he seems to be saying "I know for sure it's A, not B" then adding "It might not be just A". IMO it's better if he just says "to the best of my knowledge it's A".

I agree it was poorly communicated on my part.

ZhugeEX

Senior Analyst at Niko Partners
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Debating whether I should share the extent of my info. If so, I'd like to be able to share proof with mods before doing so. Can a mod message me?

Official Staff Communication
Just a quick note to say that MysticDistance has indeed provided information that shows they're in a position to know the information they claim. That does not mean that we can verify all the information they post is correct though. As always, the member takes full responsibility for what they post.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
It will inevitably happen even if it isn't announced today. I'm hoping what Mystic heard pans out but it's not the end of the world if Atlus decided to shift their schedule around.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. People are assuming that's me stating something I know, when it isn't. It's mainly a joke, but people are taking it as a "contradiction" even though I wouldn't be in the position to know what or if something is being announced in March.
Sorry, I'll remove the link to it as well. I only meant to bring it up as a talking point in this thread!

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Hopefully people can take the mod confirmation of his ability to know the relevant info as enough evidence to accept that MysticDistance is providing leaks in good faith, and can just enjoy the ride while we find out what happens in about 4 hours and the aftermath.

Deleted member 249

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It will inevitably happen even if it isn't announced today. I'm hoping what Mystic heard pans out but it's not the end of the world if Atlus decided to shift their schedule around.
It's unlikely the schedule is shifted around if only because of the logistics of that HTTPS certificate and the site now being on live servers.

... is what I'm telling myself.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
People who think Atlus isn't going to go for maximum fuckery has forgotten how Persona 5 was announced 5 years ago.

After Arena, after Q, and after Dancing all Night.

Strap yourselves in boys

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Official Staff Communication
Just a quick note to say that MysticDistance has indeed provided information that shows they're in a position to know the information they claim. That does not mean that we can verify all the information they post is correct though. As always, the member takes full responsibility for what they post.
the happening is upon us

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Really hope they add Femc or something significant to the game.

The game is pretty good but not good enough for 2nd playthrough especially with those subpar dungeons and the slog that is mementos.

Aero

Oct 27, 2017
Today's announcement is almost certainly just going to be the Stars and Ours special. I'm not expecting any game news.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.