• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This season really bounced back for me, good string of episodes

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
I like the show, but the characters have those weird mood switch - it's like there is no continuity between some scenes. Or that we missed some scenes.

People are mad at each other and in the next scene all is forgotten... or the contrary like in the dinner fight where Angel is suddenly a jerk. After being caught with cocaine, she should lay low with Damon... but no she acts like a bitch.

Also some story bits are completely forgotten - like Elektra and the decomposing body in the closet.

Reminds me of the continuity mess that Glee was.

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
But this episode referenced it...
Last episode I saw was "revelations" didn't see the last one. Or maybe i missed something during the dinner fight...

Anyway, good to know they follow up on this. This idea of keeping a dead body in your own closet is incredibly stupid, I can't fathom how they all thought it was a secure way of dealing with it.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Last episode I saw was "revelations" didn't see the last one. Or maybe i missed something during the dinner fight...

Anyway, good to know they follow up on this. This idea of keeping a dead body in your own closet is incredibly stupid, I can't fathom how they all thought it was a secure way of dealing with it.

Well, when I say they referenced it, I mean that's literally all they did.

They didn't forget about it, but at the same time it doesn't appear to be an ongoing subplot lol

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
Haha, yeah I know it's inspired by a real life event - which is weird. I re-watched Paris is burning a few days ago, and it's crazy that it's one of the famous drag queens from the movie that's involved in the grim story.

What I'm saying is that when you happen to have a body to make disappear, hiding it in a hand sewn bag in your apartment is maybe not the best solution. It's not like they embalmed him... but whatever.

Just saw the latest episode - the show is quite cartoony sometimes, so I guess I have to suspend my disbelief on the minor details and enjoy the ride.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Celebrating an engagement at IHOP, what a finale. The Whitney Houston scene... lawd. Loved it.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
It was an emotional finale, though the time jump made certain developments feel more rushed and awkward than they needed to be. Truth be told, overall, both the characterization and plotting this season were erratic and sort of just whatever the writers needed them to be at any given moment. Elektra is the best example of this as someone who literally changed personalities from one episode to the next depending on the needs of the plot.

Angel did that too in episode 8 in order to get Damon to spill everybody's secrets - an act which ultimately didn't even matter all that much considering everyone forgave each other within 1 episode. I love that the show is so relentlessly positive and uplifting, but that unfortunately has the negative consequence of erasing any non-death drama almost as soon as it appears. It's very nice thematically, but it's also a problem when so much of the series is centered around drama and a lot of that dramatic material comes across as irrelevant.

The show also has a problem with telling instead of showing. Like with Candy and Lulu - they were cartoon villains but then Candy died and all of a sudden everyone loved her and she was a pillar of the community, actually, and Lulu is also BFFs with everyone now because wouldn't that be a nice development for her character? But instead of it being an actual development they just told us about it, never actually letting us see those relationships develop and grow, eschewing one of the great advantages of long form television in favor of something far more shallow.

Honestly a lot of the show is poorly written (I haven't even touched on the randomly introduced/dropped plotlines), but the actors do such a good job of making us care for the characters and the overall tone is so sincere that it all kind of works anyway, in spite of it all.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
So it sounds like this is a downgrade from the awesomeness of S1. 1 was so awesome that I was considering spending money to buy this season. Sounds like I'll just wait for it to go on Netflix.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It was a downgrade, sure, but I think there were higher highs but lower lows. It was definitely less focused than Season 1 but that doesn't mean it isn't worth supporting.

Velka

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finished season 1 a while ago, I had NO idea of the existence of this sub-culture and how vibrant it is, it's incredible and heartbreaking at the same time, since these people would never see the spotlight of the "real" world, but I read up on some actresses and was surprised to know they were trans and had history with the ball culture.
I heard some recommendations and watched Paris is Burning and I found it heartbreaking, that doc is as real as it gets.
How's season 2? Should I wait for it to drop on netflix or should I watch now?

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Show is incredibly important regardless if you think there is a drop in quality or not. Giving these actors / actresses and issues spotlight is really important, and it is unlike any other Ryan Murphy show or anything else on television for that matter. I'm glad they got renewed and I look forward to even more exposure for the cast.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Papi and Angel getting engaged was too damn cute

Honestly a lot of the show is poorly written (I haven't even touched on the randomly introduced/dropped plotlines), but the actors do such a good job of making us care for the characters and the overall tone is so sincere that it all kind of works anyway, in spite of it all.

This is where I'm at. It'd be very easy to pick stuff apart (Like just lol at that white woman regretting tearing down Blanca), but the show is so wholesome and uplifting that I often don't care to. Except for Ghost Candy, that's still dumb as shit lol

But yea, I've found myself very invested in these characters' lives.

S2 was def. more scattershot than S1, and around the middle portion I was thinking it was a deep drop in quality. But they really brought it around in these last couple of episodes, very emotional and heartwarming stuff. Ultimately, I'd say it's about equal with S1 tbh, if only because it got rid of that white couple lol

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just started season 1 on Netflix, two episodes in and loving it. The reason it took me so long (and another argument for representation) is that is not my scene, not sure I even "get" the culture nevermind be into it though they do make it interesting enough I guess.

However it is also a show at least so far with the main characters being mostly trans and being played by actual trans people, and it's not like we are exactly drowning in content that can say that.

Wanted to seriously punch my television in the second episode with Blanca and the Gay bar.

Love the characters though and it's nice to actually have something so I will keep with it despite not really being into that particular subculture.

LilWayneSuckz

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the season was good, but like others have said, the season was disjointed and sloppy in places.

The thing about this season that I hated were the Candy visions. They had zero place in this rather grounded drama, and when Candy kept showing up as visions, I just kept thinking why didn't they just keep her character alive if they were gonna do random shit like put her ghost in the middle seat when they were driving back from the beach?

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
There, finally finished S2. It was still a very enjoyable show, despite the writing being over the place at times. I still have the best time following those characters, following those balls, following those actors and actresses I just became so attached to, and hope to see thrive in the future like they deserve to. I'll keep on watching because I think there's still much to be said and shown, but I hope the writing will get better, especially in terms of character development.

Kismet

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
I've started to watch this show during the weekend. My current date recommended me the show and we watched 3 episodes together.
Really loving it so far. Can't believe I slept on this. I already fell in love with some of the characters.

The only thing I don't like so far is Elektra's acting. It's too extra. I like her presence, though. But the rest of the crew is really good.
And I'm so glad they used real trans actors for this show. They all look amazing by the way.

Can't wait to continue watching this.

Matt_

Oct 25, 2017
Super late to this season but Im on the beach episode and HEW thought it was a good idea to use that music while blanca was nearly drowning

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just getting into this as well, halfway into S1. I'd say it the most solid show Ryan Murphy has made outside of Popular....

...and The New Normal

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally getting a chance to watch season 2. I just want to say that I love how Papi became basically everybody's super supporter in the house. Thought he was always kind of pushed to the side before, and he still kind of is now since he's being a more supportive figure kind of like Blanca overall, but I always find it a treat when he gets more chances to interact with people. Him dancing on the chair when they were doing the event in the hospital was great lol.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Some news:

fS3ax4V.png

Pose is returning for a third and final season. The Ryan Murphy-created FX series will return on May 2 and the series finale will air on June 6.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Well if they are going out on their own terms, I can live with that.

But I do hope this is not the end for everyone involved to create more poc lgbtq+ shows.

DoubleG

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I'm glad they reached the intended ending, but it's still disappointing it's ending so soon. I'm gonna miss this great cast 🥺

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
I think this show was going to be shortened no matter what, especially when they had a sizable time skip between season 1 and 2, and knowing the course of history and the HIV/AIDS crisis at the time.

I know they started filming before COVID, I'm certain that had some impact, but I think this show is great, important and I hope for a satisfying conclusion - even if there are probably some tough and sad episodes ahead.

OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
Okay. Not sure why they rushed so much during S2 if the ending was only 1 season away. They could have easily spent 5 seasons covering this material without it feeling stale.

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
Didn't know about a 3rd season - pretty excited despite the fact It will probably be heartbreaking.

Watched season two in 2019 while I was super sick and coughed blood multiple times a day... Let's just say the hospital scenes were not fun to watch while I did blood tests, x-rays and scans in real life.

I may have cried a lot.

olasondejDD

Mar 25, 2021
Poland
I totally forgot there's supposed to be another season, and spent however long convinced Pose was done.

And yeah, it will definitely be heartbreaking :(

DoubleG

Oct 29, 2017
Germany
I'm sad that the third season will be the last, but I'm glad we had such an impactful show.
Exactly. That's why I can't be mad about the fact it ends after just 3 season. The story gets wrapped up, it's available on Netflix and it (hopefully) helps some narrow-minded people watching the show or working in the showbusiness to change their minds.

Watched season two in 2019 while I was super sick and coughed blood multiple times a day... Let's just say the hospital scenes were not fun to watch while I did blood tests, x-rays and scans in real life.

I may have cried a lot.
That sounds awful 😟 I hope you have recovered from all of that and feel better now.

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
Exactly. That's why I can't be mad about the fact it ends after just 3 season. The story gets wrapped up, it's available on Netflix and it (hopefully) helps some narrow-minded people watching the show or working in the showbusiness to change their minds.

That sounds awful 😟 I hope you have recovered from all of that and feel better now.
Yes - I'm better now thanks. I had a lung infection that was not diagnosed at first, and not treated correctly so it worsened.

Makes me all the more cautious with covid, as I don't want to do a repeat - being out of breath and coughing for 6 months was enough. 😓

On topic, I hope they wrap up everyone's story in a nice manner - this is a great and unique show.

Pose - Season 3 - Sundays on FX
OP
OP
RatskyWatsky

RatskyWatsky

Oct 25, 2017
7jsSdIK.png

Trailer

In this final season, it's now 1994 and ballroom feels like a distant memory for Blanca who struggles to balance being a mother with being a present partner to her new love, and her latest role as a nurse's aide. Meanwhile, as AIDS becomes the leading cause of death for Americans ages 25 to 44, Pray Tell contends with unexpected health burdens. Elsewhere, the emergence of a vicious new upstart house forces the House of Evangelista members to contend with their legacy.

B-Dex

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
I'm gonna need video of Janet Mock losing her shit, saying she cheated with a crew member and all this other stuff about being treated unfairly. Like she had it at a premiere party or something.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sundays are way too loaded. Hope I can get to this soon. These two-episode premieres are killing me too…