• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
Portillos-Is-Testing-A-New-Spicy-Chicken-Sandwich-678x381.jpg

Portillo's is testing a new Spicy Chicken Sandwich at select locations in Illinois and Indiana.

The new Portillo's Spicy Chicken Sandwich features a spicy, breaded chicken breast served with new Hot Giardiniera Sauce, lettuce, and tomato on brioche bun.

Portillo's new Hot Giardiniera Sauce features a hot giardiniera relish mixed into a creamy, hot sauce that double as a dipping sauce for chicken tenders, fries, and onion rings

You can find the new sandwich at the following test locations for a limited time:

• Illinois: Chicago-Addison & Kimball, Chicago- Canal & Taylor, Chicago-Clark & Ontario, Crestwood, Deerfield, Elk Grove Village, Forest Park, Gurnee, Niles, Oak Lawn, Skokie, Vernon Hills.
  • Indiana: Avon, Fishers, Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, Merrillville and Mishawaka.
www.chewboom.com

Portillo's Is Testing A New Spicy Chicken Sandwich - Chew Boom

Portillo’s is testing a new Spicy Chicken Sandwich at select locations in Illinois and Indiana. The new Portillo’s Spicy Chicken Sandwich features a spicy, breaded chicken breast served with new Hot Giardiniera Sauce, lettuce, and ...

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
These chicken sandwiches arent as imaginative as regular burgers.

Throw a chicken milanesa in there or something to change things up

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I got a bajillion places for chicken.

But really nothing else for a great hot dog or beef dip.

Novoitus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
they've had this for a couple weeks!!!!!!!!!! i posted about it in the burger king spicy chicken sandwich thread

i'll try it this week i guess

i don't go to portillos for fried chicken, i go for italian beef, chicago hotdogs, great cheese fries
wdf

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
There isn't a damn person in this city that's rolling up to Portillo's for a chicken sandwich. That menu exclusive boasts hot dogs, beef, sausage, a tamale, fries and a cake shake. Period.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
At least they put spice in the breading, most places don't even do that.

Lord Azrael

Oct 25, 2017
They already have a chicken sandwich, and at $3.79 or whatever it is, it's easily the best thing on the menu

Fleck0

Oct 25, 2017
I used to live near the one that broke away in Buena Park, CA. I think posting about Portillo's should be banned, most people can't have it. But also I can't have it and I want it now.

Has anyone ever tried having it shipped to them? I heard that is/was a thing years ago.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
I used to live near the one that broke away in Buena Park, CA. I think posting about Portillo's should be banned, most people can't have it. But also I can't have it and I want it now.

Has anyone ever tried having it shipped to them? I heard that is/was a thing years ago.
ya i got portillos and lou malnatis shipped once back when i still ate meats

like, its kind of stupid because its just jarred giardiniera and frozen beef/juice and bread.... but putting all that together at the time after heating it all up i thought it kicked ass (side note the pizzas were just ok)

if i were to do it now i'd probably just make it though, buy some nice rolls if i'm not keen on baking

Vanillalite

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At least they put spice in the breading, most places don't even do that.

They don't want to make two separate pieces of chicken. It's also why CFA got rid of it for breakfast. Much easier to make one chicken filet and then just have a spicy sauce for the spicy version.

I agree it's lame as fuck, but it's obvious why most places don't do it that way.

InspectorJones

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm interested in trying any chicken sandwiches so I'm in.

But yeah going to take a lot to unseat Popeyes as my constant craving & from my daydream fantasies about getting a truckload of Popeyes sandwiches delivered to me.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, I'll try it if they roll it out here. Partner likes their regular chicken sandwich so I don't expect it to be terrible.
wow, I thought Portillo's was just a chicago thing
They're in quite a few places now. There's a handful that popped up around me a few years back, and I always go whenever my parents come over because my dad is a former Chicagoite and needs his Italian beef fix.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
You're literally the first person I've ever seen with this opinion.

I tried it for the first and last time about six months ago at their Indianapolis location. My wife and I ordered an Italian beef sandwich, a chili cheese dog, and some cheese fries. The dog was fine but the fries and the Italian beef were not good at all. It's my best friend's favorite place to eat and he seemed gobsmacked when I told him I was never going back. Maybe they were having an off day or something, because my wife also thought it sucked.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I just learned there's a couple Portillo's in Tampa. I always assumed it was only in the midwest. Cool beans, another place to try.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I tried it for the first and last time about six months ago at their Indianapolis location. My wife and I ordered an Italian beef sandwich, a chili cheese dog, and some cheese fries. The dog was fine but the fries and the Italian beef were not good at all. It's my best friend's favorite place to eat and he seemed gobsmacked when I told him I was never going back. Maybe they were having an off day or something, because my wife also thought it sucked.

Yeah, that sucks then. I've been to Portillo's probably 100 times over the years and never been disappointed. I mean don't get me wrong, I prefer other Italian beefs over Portillo's, but I've never had a bad meal there.

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
I'll give this a try. Portillo's and Shake Shack are the only two chains I always give the benefit of the doubt to. (Panera was up there but they've disappointed me too many times now.)

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm never ordering a chicken sandwich from Portillos. Big beef with hot peppers and extra gravy with gravy on the side. Also a large fry because they have great crinkle cut fries.

I can't even get myself to order the chicken sandwich from McDonald's either though. I always blurt out some combination of Big Mac or chicken nuggets instead.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I was into spicy chicken sandwiches since the 90s (originally the Wendys Spicy Chicken) but why is this all of a sudden the rage for everyone?