• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Teepo671

Nov 1, 2017
Guam
Persona 3: Dancing in Moonlight (PSV)
2018-12-07-015629.jpg

Persona 5: Dancing in Starlight (PSV)
2018-12-05-124125.jpg

Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum n Fun (Switch)
2018122509215000-0C6883ADBF9C7FDBEE7483F98990EEEE.jpg

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch)
2019022023115000-0E7DF678130F4F0FA2C88AE72B47AFDF.jpg

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trials Rising beta (Switch -- please don't look at the timer and fault count in the upper left-hand corner of the first screenshot)

D0cqldGUwAEG6oF.jpg:large

D0cqLT0UcAArCm3.jpg:large

D0cp37eVAAEo-CP.jpg:large

D0cox0_UwAAk5aC.jpg:large

OP
OP
Oregano

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's not the screenshot tool, the entire beta has that watermark on screen at all times.

Haha wow, I didn't even notice.

Hey guys how can I post my screenshots on here from the switch? Can I use a USB on dock and transfer the pics?

Unfortunately not. You either need to use the upload feature to send them to Facebook or Twitter, or save them to an SD card and transfer them to the PC that way.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
Is there much of an appetite in here for old-school handheld screenshots, like GB/C/A, GameGear etc.? I'd love to see more of those. Totally appreciate they're not as easy to take compared to stuff like Switch these days.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Is there much of an appetite in here for old-school handheld screenshots, like GB/C/A, GameGear etc.? I'd love to see more of those. Totally appreciate they're not as easy to take compared to stuff like Switch these days.
You mean a screenshot off the hardware itself? Cuz grabbing screenshots off an emulator is super easy, but not sure it's allowed in here.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, the hardware. I guess emulator is possible, no idea what the rules are on this either.
I know screen capture kits exist for the more modern dedicated handhelds. Not sure about the older systems like GB or GG though. If only we could get Jeremy Parish posting in here :P

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker

HbtSZcf.jpg

ZuRR4Iu.jpg

EHj6K8B.jpg

ViUIpLh.jpg

OP
OP
Oregano

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, the hardware. I guess emulator is possible, no idea what the rules are on this either.

Ehh I only made the thread, I don't own it. Personally I'd say emulators are okay for capturing but the spirit of the thread would mean accurately representing the experience on the system itself as much as possible.

JeremyParish

Retronaut
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I know screen capture kits exist for the more modern dedicated handhelds. Not sure about the older systems like GB or GG though. If only we could get Jeremy Parish posting in here :P
Hi! The best way to capture original Game Boy is through a Super Game Boy (or better yet, import a Super Game Boy 2). Run it on a Super Nt and it's going to be crisp and crunchy via HDMI. If you have an Nt Mini, you can jailbreak to get the same effect with GBC and Game Gear.

There are consolized mods out there for Game Gear and Lynx (look up McWill) and GBA (by Woozle), though the GBA is still in early days and I'm waiting for more orders to open up so I can get my hands on one. No one appears to have been able to tap the video feed on WonderSwan or NGPC yet, which is a shame.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hi! The best way to capture original Game Boy is through a Super Game Boy (or better yet, import a Super Game Boy 2). Run it on a Super Nt and it's going to be crisp and crunchy via HDMI. If you have an Nt Mini, you can jailbreak to get the same effect with GBC and Game Gear.

There are consolized mods out there for Game Gear and Lynx (look up McWill) and GBA (by Woozle), though the GBA is still in early days and I'm waiting for more orders to open up so I can get my hands on one. No one appears to have been able to tap the video feed on WonderSwan or NGPC yet, which is a shame.
Thanks for the tips!

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
V-Rally 4 (Switch)

D1Mxtv1VYAAeP1H.jpg:large

D1Mx6m7VsAAnYMs.jpg:large

D1MyQ-FVsAApBTM.jpg:large

D1MyVKnU8AAY9tw.jpg:large

The graphics in portable mode are miserable, but the novelty of playing such a complex, fully-featured realistic racing game on the Switch kinda makes up for it. Gear.Club 1 and 2 look better but the courses are also much simpler.

OP
OP
Oregano

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Valkyria Chronicles

D1acqZ2VsAAwPuT.jpg:orig

D1acqZfVYAA_jyT.jpg:orig

D1acqZwVsAARYHc.jpg:orig

D1acqZxVAAAmOal.jpg:orig

Sadly not enjoying the game as much as I thought I would.

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
V-Rally 4 (Switch)

D1Mxtv1VYAAeP1H.jpg:large

D1Mx6m7VsAAnYMs.jpg:large

D1MyQ-FVsAApBTM.jpg:large

D1MyVKnU8AAY9tw.jpg:large

The graphics in portable mode are miserable, but the novelty of playing such a complex, fully-featured realistic racing game on the Switch kinda makes up for it. Gear.Club 1 and 2 look better but the courses are also much simpler.
I have gear.club 1&2 and i gotta say i think the graphics in this are miles ahead of those games

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have gear.club 1&2 and i gotta say i think the graphics in this are miles ahead of those games

I just cherry-pick screens to avoid showing off the most glaring flaws. V-Rally 4 definitely has much more interesting courses visually, you can tell it's a port of a game that has a bigger budget, but Gear.Club 2 has a higher resolution and overall just knew to not try to do too much for the hardware. V-Rally 4 goes for photorealism and it doesn't translate well to the hardware. It makes every graphical shortcoming that much more obvious.

That said, I do enjoy the more interesting courses and there are moments where the game does indeed look nice. I just wish the game looked in portable mode the way it did docked.

Regardless, it's the best realistic racing game on the system. It's hard to an absolutely baffling degree—I'm happy if I don't finish 12th on the easiest difficulty—but that hasn't yet hindered my progression, so whatever.

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
I just cherry-pick screens to avoid showing off the most glaring flaws. V-Rally 4 definitely has much more interesting courses visually, you can tell it's a port of a game that has a bigger budget, but Gear.Club 2 has a higher resolution and overall just knew to not try to do too much for the hardware. V-Rally 4 goes for photorealism and it doesn't translate well to the hardware. It makes every graphical shortcoming that much more obvious.

That said, I do enjoy the more interesting courses and there are moments where the game does indeed look nice. I just wish the game looked in portable mode the way it did docked.

Regardless, it's the best realistic racing game on the system. It's hard to an absolutely baffling degree—I'm happy if I don't finish 12th on the easiest difficulty—but that hasn't yet hindered my progression, so whatever.
I've been mostly playing it in docked mode and prefer the realistic graphics even with the flaws. Give's me an idea of what a ground up realistic racer could look like on Switch. I can only do one star races and i still finish in last place 90% of the times. On occasion i actually come in 1st place which gives me hope. This game is balls hard lol

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here's a comparison between docked and undocked that kinda shows, to me, how removing some of the foliage hurt the look of the game more than it might have in a game with a simpler art style:

D1cGW8AVAAA9RrU.jpg:large

D1cGaTuUcAAnx3v.jpg:large

It's probably the game I own that has the biggest downgrade in portable mode versus docked, but it still looks fine a lot of the time as long as you're not doing direct comparisons.

More shots:

D1cMo0CVsAAiaTb.jpg:large

D1cM3KVV4AAAPq7.jpg:large

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Here's a comparison between docked and undocked that kinda shows, to me, how removing some of the foliage hurt the look of the game more than it might have in a game with a simpler art style:

D1cGW8AVAAA9RrU.jpg:large

D1cGaTuUcAAnx3v.jpg:large

It's probably the game I own that has the biggest downgrade in portable mode versus docked, but it still looks fine a lot of the time as long as you're not doing direct comparisons.

More shots:

D1cMo0CVsAAiaTb.jpg:large

D1cM3KVV4AAAPq7.jpg:large

This confuses me. The game is doing nothing even close to Wii U levels. It has to be poor optimisation.

OP
OP
Oregano

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Its out already? How do you like it?

It's okay, I'm enjoying it enough to keep playing but I wouldn't recommend anyone to rush out and buy it.

The premise is somewhat interesting but the story pacing is a bit too fast, with the intro being super abrupt. On the other hand the gameplay pacing so far seems too slow because you spend a long time in samey looking dungeons. The combat system is fun when you're setting up combos but can also drag against the more difficult enemies because you tend to just miss on your more useful attacks. The game is never too punishing though so you can always try.

Visually the game is a mixed bag, it has a nice style and some parts looks cool but it's simultaneously apparent that it's based on a Vita game and perhaps not as good looking as it should be on Switch(it's a tad blurry).